#ReclaimTheFaith

20 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

With respect is there anything more to add than was done last night? Clearly they are aware of fan displeasure, time to see if they plan to do anything about it?

We will release notes for the club Q&A just finishing the Blitz ones then will get onto these  👍

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

With respect is there anything more to add than was done last night? Clearly they are aware of fan displeasure, time to see if they plan to do anything about it?

I think even the most stubborn person can see something has to be done. Crowds are at an all time low and still getting lower. Results are awful despite dinos positive spin. Without sounding cheesy, the “spirit of oldham athletic” is disappearing. The ownership need to change their whole philosophy/model or consider walking away. It’s not working! 

26 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

From what I could see Abdallah hardly put any substance behind his statements or really nail the issues that are at everbodys heart. 

Unfounded statements such as the squad is worth 4.5m, Shaheed saying that things are now all above board but with no marker as to what has been done to achieve that or what the prior issues were, Natalie saying that staff are working hard but not being able to put that into context, Barry Owen as safety officer, no specific pay day for employees within any given month etc etc etc.

the above just underlines the absolute amateurism shown by the people running the club. Words is all they have given and they most definitley aren't showing their working out. 

The pressure needs to kept on 

On 1/8/2020 at 1:50 PM, deyres42 said:

I mean in terms of you wanting further meetings with Abdallah.

following the meeting we were informed by Natalie that it would not be immediate future as he is out of the country in the next couple of days. A date and time of a meeting can be arranged, we’re open to that but we’re not postponing our proposed actions on the back of words. Until a meeting is confirmed (date and time with confirmation of Abdallah’s attendance) *and a meeting carried out no progress has been made and we find ourselves in the same position. *

When we meet we want to put tangible steps in place which can be noted and properly reviewed and given a timeframe. Something which hasn’t been done in a while. Purely to try and get the focus of fans concerns addressed with the owner and then with action taken this should be able to be be evidenced. 

*References incomplete sentence which has now been corrected. 

18 hours ago, adamoafc said:

following the meeting we were informed by Natalie that it would not be immediate future as he is out of the country in the next couple of days. A date and time of a meeting can be arranged, we’re open to that but we’re not postponing our proposed actions on the back of words. Until a meeting is confirmed (date and time with confirmation of Abdallah’s attendance)

When we meet we want to put tangible steps in place which can be noted and properly reviewed and given a timeframe. Something which hasn’t been done in a while. Purely to try and get the focus of fans concerns addressed with the owner and then with action taken this should be able to be be evidenced. 

So.. am I correct in my assumption that the proposed boycott will postponed if a meeting (date and time with confirmation of Abdallah’s attendance) is confirmed?

In fairness to Abdallah (🤢) there have been two fan forums in a short space of time and there is at least acknowledgement that mistakes have been made, they'll now either change their ways or they won't, not sure what else can be gained from further meetings.

11 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

In fairness to Abdallah (🤢) there have been two fan forums in a short space of time and there is at least acknowledgement that mistakes have been made, they'll now either change their ways or they won't, not sure what else can be gained from further meetings.

It is an EFL requirement that there are a minimum of 2 meetings held within the season, I wouldn't be congratulating the club on meeting their current quota.

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

So.. am I correct in my assumption that the proposed boycott will postponed if a meeting (date and time with confirmation of Abdallah’s attendance) is confirmed?

The chances of him cancelling are high, if it were the PTB I'd stick to the protest till the meeting had taken place. 

None of this hastily arranged, amateur hour, try and arrange one tonight malarkey either. A proper agenda and pre submitted questions where financial info is needed. 

47 minutes ago, singe said:

The chances of him cancelling are high, if it were the PTB I'd stick to the protest till the meeting had taken place. 

None of this hastily arranged, amateur hour, try and arrange one tonight malarkey either. A proper agenda and pre submitted questions where financial info is needed. 

Correct, a meeting but with conditions.

AL has had plenty of opportunities but has chosen not to engage, that is his prerogative of course but achieves little, as with most situations though AL backs himself into a corner, surrounds himself with ineptitude and buries his head in the sand.

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

The PTB chaps have a mandate from between 500-1000 supporters to press the owner on his mistakes and seek assurances / agree measures to ensure he does change his ways. That's what there is to be gained.

Because, if he doesn't and just throws more platitudes at the situation..... while the procession of sh1te 3rd rate foreign players continue to arrive..... Mo's interfering in team selection doesn't abate..... and employee's [playing & non-playing] continue to be treated like naughty school children..... then we'll either end up in non-league [if we don't end up there next season] and/or liquidated.

Marco should take the PTB seriously, in as much as [like a union] they can call for strike action from their supporters if he doesn't.

I'm a long term fan who will continue to support my team Latics  on the field (yes I know - it's awful I'm watching it!).

However, despite being a signatory to PTB for reasons of wanting constructive dialogue between fans and the club and to encourage progress towards a sustainable club (which can break even not require massive subsidies by the owner), I am far less supportive of boycotts being used in my name demanding for meetings which the owner has already agreed to?

Signing up to PTB was not a blank mandate and some of the post on here and elsewhere do not reflect any desire to partnership dialogue or working together for the benefit of the club? quite a few people have their own agenda (FLG) and driving the club towards insolvency is not my wish! Nor is going to support a.n. other club when my won is playing at home or away. You may say that's crazy but I have to a little crazy to be a Latics fan for over 50 years on the first place.

Threats of boycotts before dialogue (which has been promised!) wouldn't work with my won business and is seems deliberately confrontational for the sake of it? Presumably the boycott would have gone ahead if he had refused a meeting and yet does if he agrees to a meeting? That's crazy!

I am not willing for my name on that support to be used in this manner and as for encouraging fellow fans to boycott their team...….well?

If you don't want to go, that's fine, that's your right as a unhappy fan. if you want to protest do it at the games before or after supporting your team?

See you at Macclesfield if you're going!

The match boycott is not just about the meeting, it was being announced regardless of the Q and A with Abdallah. There were a lot of fans who wanted action after the Scunthorpe match to show how they feel about the current situation at the club and that is what they voted for.

29 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

The match boycott is not just about the meeting, it was being announced regardless of the Q and A with Abdallah. There were a lot of fans who wanted action after the Scunthorpe match to show how they feel about the current situation at the club and that is what they voted for.

Yet on the PTB website it states:

A date and time of a meeting can be arranged, we’re open to that but we’re not postponing our proposed actions on the back of words. Until a meeting is confirmed (date and time  with confirmation of Abdallah’s attendance)

So it sort of suggests to me that if a meeting was confirmed then the proposed actions might be postponed.

25 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Yet on the PTB website it states:

A date and time of a meeting can be arranged, we’re open to that but we’re not postponing our proposed actions on the back of words. Until a meeting is confirmed (date and time  with confirmation of Abdallah’s attendance)

So it sort of suggests to me that if a meeting was confirmed then the proposed actions might be postponed.

This isn’t on our website. I posted this on here, clearly the sentence is incomplete as it doesn’t make sense as a stand alone sentence. Should be finished with * and meeting carried out no progress has been made. I will correct this now. 👍

13 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

This isn’t on our website. I posted this on here, clearly the sentence is incomplete as it doesn’t make sense as a stand alone sentence. Should be finished with * and meeting carried out no progress has been made. I will correct this now. 👍

Ah - it was on here - apologies 👌

1 hour ago, Chaddy14 said:

I'm a long term fan who will continue to support my team Latics  on the field (yes I know - it's awful I'm watching it!).

However, despite being a signatory to PTB for reasons of wanting constructive dialogue between fans and the club and to encourage progress towards a sustainable club (which can break even not require massive subsidies by the owner), I am far less supportive of boycotts being used in my name demanding for meetings which the owner has already agreed to?

Signing up to PTB was not a blank mandate and some of the post on here and elsewhere do not reflect any desire to partnership dialogue or working together for the benefit of the club? quite a few people have their own agenda (FLG) and driving the club towards insolvency is not my wish! Nor is going to support a.n. other club when my won is playing at home or away. You may say that's crazy but I have to a little crazy to be a Latics fan for over 50 years on the first place.

Threats of boycotts before dialogue (which has been promised!) wouldn't work with my won business and is seems deliberately confrontational for the sake of it? Presumably the boycott would have gone ahead if he had refused a meeting and yet does if he agrees to a meeting? That's crazy!

I am not willing for my name on that support to be used in this manner and as for encouraging fellow fans to boycott their team...….well?

If you don't want to go, that's fine, that's your right as a unhappy fan. if you want to protest do it at the games before or after supporting your team?

Chaddy - sorry but you're one of those that comes across as "I`m a more loyal fan than you, I bleed Latics when you cut me" types.

Guess what? There's a lot of us that are just as "dyed in the wool" as you.

It's just that some of us can see what's going on and have come to realise (with great regret) what needs to be done to change things to ensure that future generations have a club to support in this town.

Those that still can't see that, despite all the evidence, clearly never will  - the fans are utterly polarised.

1 hour ago, Chaddy14 said:

They are just the mouth piece for the 3 members of the FLG.. Abdallah is keeping yo his side of the deal by holding meetings and yet they are still after hurting the finances of the club.. Something doesnt stack up with this to me.

1 minute ago, Frankies6 said:

They are just the mouth piece for the 3 members of the FLG.. Abdallah is keeping yo his side of the deal by holding meetings and yet they are still after hurting the finances of the club.. Something doesnt stack up with this to me.

Incorrect. We are totally independent. 

4 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

I’m a ST holder who still attends away games so your point really doesn’t add up David, add to that completely false. 

11 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

and you're just a mouthpiece for the club

Archived