#ReclaimTheFaith

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

I'm hoping for a televised FAC1 tie - not even the trust will block a proper protest this time, surely, even if Daz was sat with Baz and AL today?

Saw him cozying up with Barry.

"Hey Barry, any tips on how to milk this all he way to your level? Any tips on how to speak in a way that makes these moron fans instantly hate me?"

Morning OWTB,

As you will have realised, Push the Boundary is a small group of fans looking to mobilise a coordinated series of protests and associated activities.

We don’t need to go into detail as to what the issues are. The bottom line is we have lost our football club. Few would argue with that.

We have spent a number of weeks getting our house in order, connecting with external groups and individuals that can support and raise awareness. That is ongoing over the next couple of weeks in advance of going public on 31st.

For the record we are entirely independent of any other body - the trust, the club the FLG.

If a protest movement is to have effect, it needs support. Fans can’t just vent their frustrations invidually on messageboards and twitter. That is wasted energy.

Push the Boundary is, we hope, an opportunity for Latics fans to come together and express our dissatisfaction through a single louder voice. 

We need your ideas and suggestions but whatever we do we will be more powerful if we act as one. 

Thanks for reading 

30 minutes ago, PushTheBoundary said:

Morning OWTB,

As you will have realised, Push the Boundary is a small group of fans looking to mobilise a coordinated series of protests and associated activities.

We don’t need to go into detail as to what the issues are. The bottom line is we have lost our football club. Few would argue with that.

We have spent a number of weeks getting our house in order, connecting with external groups and individuals that can support and raise awareness. That is ongoing over the next couple of weeks in advance of going public on 31st.

For the record we are entirely independent of any other body - the trust, the club the FLG.

If a protest movement is to have effect, it needs support. Fans can’t just vent their frustrations invidually on messageboards and twitter. That is wasted energy.

Push the Boundary is, we hope, an opportunity for Latics fans to come together and express our dissatisfaction through a single louder voice. 

We need your ideas and suggestions but whatever we do we will be more powerful if we act as one. 

Thanks for reading 

Good luck wiseowl 👍

12 minutes ago, PushTheBoundary said:

Nothing to do with wiseowl.

Serious question.

Do you support action of this type?

Not something I’ll be looking to get involved in myself. (Apathy and being too busy with young family I suppose). I wish things were better and I wish you all the luck in the world to affect change. I just believe it will be a bit in vain with this owner tbh. But if you have the desire and time then you’ve got nothing to lose. 

1 minute ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Not something I’ll be looking to get involved in myself. (Apathy and being too busy with young family I suppose). I wish things were better and I wish you all the luck in the world to affect change. I just believe it will be a bit in vain with this owner tbh. But if you have the desire and time then you’ve got nothing to lose. 

Thanks. 

I fear apathy! 

3 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

And to add that ‘getting involved’ may mean little more than putting your name to something. We need numbers to follow the cause not to organise it. 

If you have the time and inclination to post on owtb then you have the time and inclination to protest. 

7 minutes ago, PushTheBoundary said:

Thanks. 

I fear apathy! 

Think you should be able to gather some momentum from people still angry enough before apathy sets in with them too. Just don’t go round smashing shit up etc. 

I’m not a proud man either if I see progress being made I’ll be all over it like a tramp on chips 😳🤣. All I want is a winning team. I hear people saying proud family club etc etc. I don’t care about that I just want 3 points on a Saturday or Tuesday. I don’t think that’s gonna happen much with the current owner tho so good luck. 

The next question tho for me is (if you forced him out) who takes over then ? 

Think you should be able to gather some momentum from people still angry enough but apathy sets in with them too. Just don’t go round smashing shit up etc. 

I’m not a proud man either if I see progress being made I’ll be all over it like a tramp on chips 😳🤣. All I want is a winning team. I hear people saying proud family club etc etc. I don’t care about that I just want 3 points on a Saturday or Tuesday. I don’t think that’s gonna happen much with the current owner tho so good luck. 

That’s the issue. FLG can try oust him out but who the fuck comes in. 

Think you should be able to gather some momentum from people still angry enough but apathy sets in with them too. Just don’t go round smashing shit up etc. 

Seat smashing isn’t the way forward.

I think the 20 or so who marched down Sheepfoot Lane the other week had the right idea.  They were mocked by many, but I reckon support would grow if they were willing to do it for every home game, same time same place.

The protest just needs to have a clear, direct message to the board - Please leave unless you're unwilling to:

- Abandon the current player recruitment strategy

- Stop interfering in team selection/tactics

- Drastically improve treatment of staff

Of course there is the question of who comes in, but I don't think we're a million miles off risking it anyway.  We might be stuffed if the Lemsegams leave, but we're definitely stuffed if they stay and carry on the way they are.

9 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I think the 20 or so who marched down Sheepfoot Lane the other week had the right idea.  They were mocked by many, but I reckon support would grow if they were willing to do it for every home game, same time same place.

The protest just needs to have a clear, direct message to the board - Please leave unless you're unwilling to:

Of course there is the question of who comes in, but I don't think we're a million miles off risking it anyway.  We might be stuffed if the Lemsegams leave, but we're definitely stuffed if they stay and carry on the way they are.

100 %

3 hours ago, JoeP said:

Protest takes many forms and needs to be varied. Clear messaging and requests are

necessary.

We are already in protest mode (look at our crowds) but the owner needs to hear it more clearly and more loudly. He needs to be made to feel uncomfortable about what he is doing to this club. He is getting away with it at the moment i’d say.

He may not care and may ignore us. But having gone down the path of trying to charm fans and claim he is in it for the good for the club etc he will look bad if he does ignore us. 

I and others are not prepared to let the club just disappear without making a stand. 

20 minutes ago, PushTheBoundary said:

Protest takes many forms and needs to be varied. Clear messaging and requests are

necessary.

We are already in protest mode (look at our crowds) but the owner needs to hear it more clearly and more loudly. He needs to be made to feel uncomfortable about what he is doing to this club. He is getting away with it at the moment i’d say.

He may not care and may ignore us. But having gone down the path of trying to charm fans and claim he is in it for the good for the club etc he will look bad if he does ignore us. 

I and others are not prepared to let the club just disappear without making a stand. 

Will you protest during games?

1 minute ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Will you protest during games?

Nothing off the table, within reason.

’we’ is not the few of us that are putting our heads together to try and coordinate something. Protest of any sort only works with numbers behind it. Five or six people taking action won’t get us far and if we don’t get the numbers this will peter out quickly.

Have to stress that protest is also not just about what happens on a matchday. It’s much more than that. 

Archived