#ReclaimTheFaith

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Thanks for that, really useful and a quick turnround. A slight clarification request though, which MB was involved with Natalie at Southport?

Michael Brown - Head of media was previously at Southport. 

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

Are English players considered 'foreign' for Newport......?

9 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I think they are - they need to be registered with the Welsh FA

Clubs signing someone from one of the Welsh clubs need 'international clearance' from the Welsh FA. (The reverse applies for the Welsh clubs signing players from English clubs). 

However, for loans Welsh clubs in the English leagues are classed as domestic clubs, but they still need international clearance. There are different rules for international loans. 

I think the English Leagues have recently changed process so that all intra-League transfers for the English Leagues are dealt with on the same computer system. So it is a less onerous process. 

IIRC there was an issue a few years ago because the Welsh FA were deemed to treat a Welsh player playing in Wales, but in the English Leagues, a lot more leniently than a very similar case for an English player and the FA. 

Michael Knighton (the chap doing keepy uppies after saying he was buying Man U for £20m) is looking to get back into football. He owned Carlisle for a time after leaving Man. U's. board' He says he made the biggest mistake of his life in not following through with his purchase of Man. U.

15 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Michael Knighton (the chap doing keepy uppies after saying he was buying Man U for £20m) is looking to get back into football. He owned Carlisle for a time after leaving Man. U's. board' He says he made the biggest mistake of his life in not following through with his purchase of Man. U.

He was a fool but it would have been some investment...

19 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

And this can be reversed by changing his strategy over player signings (this may be happening) which should in theory produce better results which will bring people back evidenced by the Salford gate. Doesn't mean he has to leave -to be replaced by who?

Was it September when the FLG group made it's announcement? They had the financial backing in place they said-please show me their progress somewhere if you can? But of course there is queue going up Sheepfoot Lane of prospective buyers some will have you believe.

Easy-Ryanair.

You haven't answered my question though-would you respond positively to someone trying to oust you be it PTB or FLG or others?

No. But there seems to be a few  on here who prefer non-league footie!!!

Wherever we end up I know I will have at least supported my team despite being called an idiot which is more than plenty who post on here will be able to say.

What a silly remark.Ryanair exactly takes notice of what its customers want - cheap flights to lots of destinations, ergo it is highly successful. So your response to Glossoplatic was about 30 feet over the bar.

Would just like to thank all members of PTB for the very prompt communication arising from meetings early this week.  It really does show commitment on your part to engage with supporters and maybe should act as an object lesson for organisations such as OAFC and The Trust about timeliness of communication/ correspondence. This is not having a go at those 2 organisations as such but more is valuing swift communication from volunteers who do this as well as work in full time occupations.

Very impressed fellas - take a bow      

3 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

I can see now why you such faith in PTB and FLG.

That would be the Ryanair currently capitalised at £14.3 billion and forecast to make a profit of £1bn this year.  Clearly getting it all wrong.

21 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

..... which will bring people back evidenced by the Salford gate. 

Wherever we end up I know I will have at least supported my team despite being called an idiot which is more than plenty who post on here will be able to say.

The first extract highlighted in bold illustrates that the second bit highlighted in bold is correct. 

Latics fans did not come back (in any numbers) for the Salford game. See previous explanations.

44 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

That would be the Ryanair currently capitalised at £14.3 billion and forecast to make a profit of £1bn this year.  Clearly getting it all wrong.

And most on here would welcome  Michael O'Leary if he were to buy Oldham Athletic. (Have a word with him Dave).

26 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

And most on here would welcome  Michael O'Leary if he were to buy Oldham Athletic. (Have a word with him Dave).

My wife's had to deal with him for quite few years, and he makes Abdallah look like the most charming guy in the world. 

I can only stand back and admire the mental gymnastics that compared Multi billion pound airlines Ryanair and Easyjet to what Abdallah Lemsagam is doing at Oldham Athletic. 

Those businesses responded to a demand for affordable travel and reap the benefits of it. Abdallah Lemsagam signed crap foreign players paid over the odds for them and now they lose football matches. Hands up all of us who want to see more of this.

I also like the fact that whittles claimed that I didn't answer the question when I clearly did. Yes he should go and meet the FLG they are going to be his landlords and have a share in his business work with them negotiate with them thats what responsible adults do. Go and speak to PTB negotiate compromise try and get them on side. Falling out with everybody like hes doing now is failing miserably. Try a different approach, those conversations might bot be easy but the only way he can succeed as a football club owner is if he has them.

8 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I can only stand back and admire the mental gymnastics that compared Multi billion pound airlines Ryanair and Easyjet to what Abdallah Lemsagam is doing at Oldham Athletic. 

Imagine the pilots & cabin crew if they swapped roles... 😮

Dino talking positives to the cameras after multiple crashes.....

"The pilots haven't had much training lately but I've had them all together this week - you should see a difference..." 

Air traffic control not getting paid.....

"This is your Captain speaking - does anyone know the Bolton score?" 

20 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Maybe so but he can run a business 

I'd be happy for him to own Latics.

Maybe not Stelios though, I worked directly for him for a few years ( not at his airline) and he lost £80 million. 

Wonder how he'd do it, not having a go, he's make the basic season ticket cheaper. 

Pay to reserve your seat. 

Pay for a sticker on the seat. 

Pay for the card

People going round the seats with scratch cards. 

We'd play in Yorkshire obvs. 

1 hour ago, whittles left foot said:

I can see now why you such faith in PTB and FLG.

😂😂😂

Complete non sequitur, WLF. There is no connection whatever between your reference to Ryanair as a mistaken rebuttal of Glossop's point, and my view of PTB  (for the record though, I do think they are doing a good job).

As for FLG, I haven't even mentioned them!! I have no view on them either way. So why you bring them up I have no idea!

Hang on a second........is that you, Barry?

Archived