#ReclaimTheFaith

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What sums them up even more is that it's widely known that, if only due to the amount of time he's been involved, Barry does have an awful lot of contacts and has been heavily involved in signing many a player & dealing with many an agent - if there's any of his experience they don't need to be lying about using/not using this is it.....

8 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I'm far more interested in what these director loans amount to than what Barry Owen is up to...

It's all linked though isn't it?  The club being run badly is affecting the income drastically, which means the owner having to put more in.

But yeah, these director loans are presumably just a millstone around the club's neck.

"left in the dark".

Again.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/director-oldham-athletic-fans-trust-6124147

How will history judge that creditors debt of £12.3m was reduced by £4.4m accounts  2017/18 but Directors Loans possibly totalling £4m (200k x 28 months) are going to be accounted for, just added to the £7.9m when the next accoutns are due in March I wonder?

5 hours ago, nzlatic said:

Well done on getting the meeting and feeding this back so quickly.  Some thoughts...

When asked what they thought the reasons were for a potential reduction in season ticket sales the answer was:
1. Team performance
2. Minority of fans with the Abdallah out campaign, and this filtering through to other fans.

When PTB offered their opinion about ex players and staff, they were told this happens at every club.  Which clubs are these that have this number of ex employees saying this sort of stuff?  Also, those still employed by the club are happy to say how great it is, but are there any ex-staff willing to say that too?

So in summary, no responsibility taken by those running the club.  The blame appears to lie with the manager/players and a small section of fans.

RB stated that Barry Owen is not involved regarding recruitment.  Is this a new development?  Because in June last year on this board, when Lags relayed what positives Barry Owen offered, these were a couple of the points that came from Barry himself:

5. Assist the ownership with recruitment of management team and players when requested.
6. Maintain relations with numerous agents and football clubs known over long periods resulting in signings such as Lang last season.

Also Lags stated in another post that Barry Owen signed Zak Mills.

I also find it a little bit amusing that AL and the board trust BO and his invaluable experience so implicitly that he's been taken off club statements and fans forums.

AL also states that he trusts those that run the club on a daily basis, namely NA, ML, BO and Shaheed.  However, we're at our lowest point in 50 years on the pitch, and off it fans feel the need to boycott and protest, and attendances are dwindling fast.  AL may have the very best intentions, and I don't know him so can't say one way or another.  But he's putting his trust in incompetent people who are costing him money.  Billy's letter sums up brilliantly what could be done for the club and fans to move forward together, but I can't see any of it happening.

OAFC.docx

Email I sent to the club attached here for those that don’t use social media :)

Chesterfield FC Financial Statement released prior to latest set of accounts

Chesterfield lost £1.8m last season (just short of £35k a week) off the back of a £1m loss the season previously😧

Ring any bells 🤔

https://www.chesterfield-fc.co.uk/news/20202/january/20200122-statement-re-accounts/https://www.chesterfield-fc.co.uk/news/20202/january/20200122-statement-re-accounts/

11 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

how many went to Avro?

There was  probably about 50 Oldham fans and the attendance was 142 I think or something around there. They normally average mid 80/90 for attendances from their programme. Not far off being as cold as our ground! 

Just read that. Reads like a meeting with a senior manager in which they nod, smile, retain eye contact with you for an hour and tell you they understand all your concerns. Ultimately though, they're going to do fuck all about any of the points you've raised and just see you as a minor hindrance. 

Straight from 'how to influence and appease people' manual. 

1 hour ago, longtimeblue said:

Just read that. Reads like a meeting with a senior manager in which they nod, smile, retain eye contact with you for an hour and tell you they understand all your concerns. Ultimately though, they're going to do fuck all about any of the points you've raised and just see you as a minor hindrance. 

The response I got would probably back up this point...

I suppose time will tell, even though all time has told us so far is that the changes myself and a lot of fans are crying out for are needed more than ever. We can’t wait much longer...

4 hours ago, longtimeblue said:

The next meeting will be to put dates / timescales on actual action. It’s not going to be just left with lip service. Of all the points in there I’m surprised this was your response but each to their own I guess. 👍

1 minute ago, adamoafc said:

The next meeting will be to put dates / timescales on actual action. It’s not going to be just left with lip service. Of all the points in there I’m surprised this was your response but each to their own I guess. 👍

I didn't read it as a critique of you, more of the regime. See their response to Billy for something similar - it's all "how can we make them go away quickly and quietly?"

5 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

I didn't read it as a critique of you, more of the regime. See their response to Billy for something similar - it's all "how can we make them go away quickly and quietly?"

If it wasn’t then fair enough 😂 fair to say late night last night has only resulted in me getting up now. Coffee needed 😂👍

9 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

If it wasn’t then fair enough 😂 fair to say late night last night has only resulted in me getting up now. Coffee needed 😂👍

As Metty rightly pointed out, it was in no way a criticism of PTB. I was referring to response from Abdallah and co. Even to the passive aggressive response of "well, what would you do?" to certain questions... I've seen it before. 

On 1/22/2020 at 10:33 AM, nzlatic said:

I also find it a little bit amusing that AL and the board trust BO and his invaluable experience so implicitly that he's been taken off club statements and fans forums.

It came out of one of these meetings that BO would take a step away from the public facing side of the organisation. Probably the right call and has been overdue.

4 minutes ago, longtimeblue said:

As Metty rightly pointed out, it was in no way a criticism of PTB. I was referring to response from Abdallah and co. Even to the passive aggressive response of "well, what would you do?" to certain questions... I've seen it before. 

As the above post Longtimeblue apologies wasn’t meant to cause any offence hope none was taken 👍 

Hopefully the timeline for actions / dates to implement by will stop the lip service they have just provided in the past. Time will tell I suppose.

11 minutes ago, hinchy said:

It came out of one of these meetings that BO would take a step away from the public facing side of the organisation. Probably the right call and has been overdue.

The thing is he shouldn’t have to be told to take a step back. If he is a true fan of Oldham athletic like he says he is he should resign. He can see for himself how controversial he is and how disliked as a member of board, however he just ignores all this and carry’s on picking up a wage. This tells you a lot about the man. He’s arrogant, selfish, and plain stupid. All he wants is to sit on the board of his football club, Barry, resign you are no bigger than our club, you don’t have the knowledge to contribute any positivity to our club, the only thing you add is toxicity and hostility. So if he truly was a fan he would have resigned years ago, there is still time. 

8 hours ago, adamoafc said:

As the above post Longtimeblue apologies wasn’t meant to cause any offence hope none was taken 👍 

Hopefully the timeline for actions / dates to implement by will stop the lip service they have just provided in the past. Time will tell I suppose.

How did u find them all and especially AL? did he come across sincere? Did u like him?

1 hour ago, laticsrblue said:

Does the cost of employing a proper Safety Officer to replace BOs "expertise" in the role, outweigh the good feeling that would be generated in the club's staff and fans, if BO was sacked from the board and banned from the club?

How much do the club want me to contribute?

Archived