#ReclaimTheFaith

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, underdog said:

Seems that the club and trust are not seeing eye to eye over this.

We have agreed a last attempt...Trust treasurer to go in. He is an MD with JP Morgan at canary wharf.

6 minutes ago, underdog said:

It is me copying over her response as there have been questioning raised mainly about her quals and knowledge

I daren't put in she is ex army haha

Does this mean she’s still not checked them since that time several

months back when she couldn’t because she’d injured her foot? 

36 minutes ago, underdog said:

I know this is PTB thread but I thought I would be cheeky  (sorry chaps) just to put  a comparison of the Trust Directors quals and experience.

• A Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants and a also a Chartered Public Finance Accountant;
  • For 8 years was Senior Examiner setting the Final Test of Professional Competence for CIPFA (Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy);
  • For several years I marked the exam scripts for the final level Advanced Financial Accounting Examination of the ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants;
  • Was for 22 years Senior Lecturer in Accounting at the University of Salford;
  • Am a former member of the Technical Review Committee of the Manchester Society of Chartered Accountants;

We submitted the ICAEW (Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales) technical guidance sheet on the required contents for FRS 102 Schedule 1A accounts as the basis of our concerns. 

2018/19 accounts are due next month.

So do we think Mr Alam is suitably qualified?   

i'm told by a charted Accountant, that CIPFA is more a qualification suitable for government sector departments, not private companies. Obviously Mr Alam would be cheaper to employ then a Chartered Accountant. 

BTW we aren't even sure he is qualified to use CIPFA, and no way of checking if he couldn't be bothered to stay registered.  (Oh sorry, he is on Linked in. So it must be OK.)

1 hour ago, Pidge said:

So do we think Mr Alam is suitably qualified?   

i'm told by a charted Accountant, that CIPFA is more a qualification suitable for government sector departments, not private companies. Obviously Mr Alam would be cheaper to employ then a Chartered Accountant. 

BTW we aren't even sure he is qualified to use CIPFA, and no way of checking if he couldn't be bothered to stay registered.  (Oh sorry, he is on Linked in. So it must be OK.)

He doesn't state he isnt fully qualified or not. He does state on his LinkedIn that he has done CIPFA between 2005-09 which is roughly about the time it takes to qualify so its likely that he is. Its not an impossible leap to go from a public sector background into the private sector so I don't think we can say really with any certainty that he isn't fully qualified to do the role in that respect. Its certainly not impossible for someone CIPFA qualified to be an FD at private sector business. Although most of the FDs Ive worked for are ACA ACCA or CIMA qualified.

Im abit dissapointed that he won't let Kieran Maguire in to review the figures by doing so hes left it upto social media to draw its own conclusions about the financial health of the club. His answers to the questions PTB have posed seem somewhat defensive.

6 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Their is being a member of an accountancy body which anyone who is aspiring to be a fully qualified one would be and has to be to take the qualification, and then their is being a fully qualified member who has done the hard yards passed all the exams and got the experience under his belt. So its a broard church interms of someones ability just being a member, being fully qualified is a different kettle of fish.

I'm a memeber of another accountancy body I'm 2/3rds of the way to being fully qualified I can put the letters after my name once I'm fully qualified.

Yes I should have been clearer. When I queried his membership of CIPFA what I was really querying was whether he’d passed all the exams and was fully qualified. I can’t see anything on LinkedIn to say that he is fully qualified. Maybe you can be a student member of CIPFA.

When I did ACA exams you had to pass them and be fully qualified before you were allowed to join the ICAEW and call yourself an ACA. 

Maybe this could be a question for the club/board from PTB/others at a future forum - is the FD a fully qualified accountant ? Especially if it pisses him off! 😂

15 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Yes I should have been clearer. When I queried his membership of CIPFA what I was really querying was whether he’d passed all the exams and was fully qualified. I can’t see anything on LinkedIn to say that he is fully qualified. Maybe you can be a student member of CIPFA.

When I did ACA exams you had to pass them and be fully qualified before you were allowed to join the ICAEW and call yourself an ACA. 

Maybe this could be a question for the club/board from PTB/others at a future forum - is the FD a fully qualified accountant ? Especially if it pisses him off! 😂

Like, why don;t you pay for a proper accountant.....or a proper H&S adviser......or a proper manager..........or a proper director of football..........or proper players............or rent! 

Sick of this tinpot club and Shahed with his solar powered Casio 

58 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

For the last couple of years most will admit there hasn’t been a lot to shout about as an Oldham fan. So Push The Boundary are asking a question...what is Oldham Athletic to you?? #oafc #ReclaimTheFaith

http://pushtheboundary.co.uk/what-is-oldham-athletic-to-you-13-02-2020

Excellent. 

A great morale booster thanks. Perhaps ought to consider printing these off / or e-mailing them - once you have a boatload  and leaving a copy for each of the Board members at the club and let them see what this club means to us.

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

He doesn't state he isnt fully qualified or not. He does state on his LinkedIn that he has done CIPFA between 2005-09 which is roughly about the time it takes to qualify so its likely that he is. Its not an impossible leap to go from a public sector background into the private sector so I don't think we can say really with any certainty that he isn't fully qualified to do the role in that respect. Its certainly not impossible for someone CIPFA qualified to be an FD at private sector business. Although most of the FDs Ive worked for are ACA ACCA or CIMA qualified.

Im abit dissapointed that he won't let Kieran Maguire in to review the figures by doing so hes left it upto social media to draw its own conclusions about the financial health of the club. His answers to the questions PTB have posed seem somewhat defensive.

How may clubs have given Kieran Maguire access? 

1 hour ago, Haribo_man said:

Like, why don;t you pay for a proper accountant.....or a proper H&S adviser......or a proper manager..........or a proper director of football..........or proper players............or rent! 

It's almost as if there's a recurring theme....

1 hour ago, Haribo_man said:

Reminds me of

and

But maybe that's because I know the difference between a nutritionist and a dietitian or the gluteus maximus and the olecranon process. 

2 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

How may clubs have given Kieran Maguire access? 

It's probably not many, albeit more produce fuller accounts. 

Corney let strangers look at the books though, as Leeslover & Latics&England can confirm! 

14 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

13 hours ago, Haribo_man said:

It's not like a visit from @KeiranMaguire would unearth some massive advantage we have cleverly constructed on the wider footballing world is it

We all know that AL inherited a failing club and regularly has to pump in hundreds of thousands of his own money to try and keep us solvent

I understand to a point, his reluctance to open the books to Kieran, but for me, AL is missing a golden opportunity to get some significant positivity from a recognised financial football expert in the game today.

@kieranmaguire wouldn't be looking for a typical Sun or Daily Mail 'scandal' headline and to be honest, he strikes me as the kind of bloke that would be helpful and likely leave some words of wisdom to help our club

4 minutes ago, tGWB said:

@kieranmaguire wouldn't be looking for a typical Sun or Daily Mail 'scandal' headline and to be honest, he strikes me as the kind of bloke that would be helpful and likely leave some words of wisdom to help our club

Can you point us to where he's done this before? 

20 hours ago, adamoafc said:

For the last couple of years most will admit there hasn’t been a lot to shout about as an Oldham fan. So Push The Boundary are asking a question...what is Oldham Athletic to you?? #oafc #ReclaimTheFaith

http://pushtheboundary.co.uk/what-is-oldham-athletic-to-you-13-02-2020

We have had a number of emails received in overnight from people wanting to explain what Oldham means to them, which have been added to the website via the You are my Oldham page. Get your feelings down and send them into us 👍💙

info@pushtheboundary.co.uk

Has anyone heard that Oldham Athletic have lost control of the Darlington gravel car park near the RRE. All the staff/players etc are moved to the hospital. The Darlington car park will be pay and display.  I wonder who owns that land. If it’s Blitz, maybe he is getting awkward. 

2 hours ago, Pidge said:

Has anyone heard that Oldham Athletic have lost control of the Darlington gravel car park near the RRE. All the staff/players etc are moved to the hospital. The Darlington car park will be pay and display.  I wonder who owns that land. If it’s Blitz, maybe he is getting awkward. 

Blitz and the other 2 Amigos only interest was how much money they could make from the land and assets.... things didn't work out quite as hoped but the appearance of muppett Mo and his Bro has given them a second chance

Archived