#ReclaimTheFaith

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

I wondered how long it would be before somebody wheeled out this old load of tripe. Just because we still go and support the club does not mean we are not aware of the state we are in.

You obviously feel your head is above the sand-and what good is it doing- same owner, same problems. Your awareness does not seem to have made much difference so far.

Come back to us when you can actually say ' we achieved this'  by our actions as long as you are not saying it when we have been deducted  points for going into admin or starting a phoenix club. That is not an achievement. That is failure.

Then your comments may have more weight.

After all we are such an attractive proposition having been in the premiership a loooong time ago.

The part in bold made me laugh, old tripe? Really? You raise a point, myself and others have offered an answer and that is how you respond?!  

I have had a ST for the past 22 seasons up to and including the season just gone who said anything about not going? 

If we are not an attractive option why have we received and rejected an offer for the club along with at least 2 other parties showing interest. Just because you keep repeating that we aren’t attractive to buyers doesn’t make it true. 

As for PTB If you feel we haven’t made a difference, again that’s your opinion, I personally think we have but as we have said time and time again if you feel you have ideas worth exploring we are more than happy to hear them in person, on here or email 👍

12 hours ago, League one forever said:

I thought you wanted a total boycott to push him out? Now you want the fans for us to be as attractive as possible to any potential buyer? 

You can’t have it both ways. 

This is exactly where I am at. I have no doubt all these members with great plans and I believe genuine will to improve OAFC's lot, seem to think wanting it will make it happen. It won't. It takes a lot more than will alone.

13 hours ago, singe said:

That's the plan for when he leaves, and probably worse case that he leaves with nothing in place. Depends if he sells it, hands it to the Trust,or whatever.

My point is, just because you write it down doesn't mean it happens. It takes far far more, especially money!. Starving the club of cash and support can do nothing but harm.

1 hour ago, adamoafc said:

The part in bold made me laugh, old tripe? Really? You raise a point, myself and others have offered an answer and that is how you respond?!  

I have had a ST for the past 22 seasons up to and including the season just gone who said anything about not going? 

I raised the point about having our heads in the sand-one that get's regularly wheeled out on here for those that don't follow the herd. Bit surprised by you using that expression actually.

As for you not going-no idea what you are on about-not raised by me.

32 minutes ago, Lags said:

My point is, just because you write it down doesn't mean it happens. It takes far far more, especially money!. Starving the club of cash and support can do nothing but harm.

All you are doing by buying a season ticket is to give Mohammed Lemsagam money to waste on his crap players and give to his agent friends thats why people are not going. A season ticket is not value for money least of all at times like this.

This rhetoric of give us your money or the club will die is also pathetic. Especially when the owner refuses to listen to genuine grievances of the fans.

5 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

All you are doing by buying a season ticket is to give Mohammed Lemsagam money to waste on his crap players and give to his agent friends thats why people are not going. A season ticket is not value for money least of all at times like this.

This rhetoric of give us your money or the club will die is also pathetic. Especially when the owner refuses to listen to genuine grievances of the fans.

Pathetic?, name me one business in the entire world that doesn't die with no funding of it.

Everyone to their own, I am a OAFC supporter and will continue to attend. Al and every other chairman we've every had in my opinion wasted money on crap players down the years, nothing new.

10 minutes ago, Lags said:

Al and every other chairman we've every had in my opinion wasted money on crap players down the years, nothing new.

Not quite the same, this time around. This Chairman and his brother are bringing in players that they and they only rate, who are way below par, purely to feed their own egos (or possibly for other reasons that don't seem to have the team and club at heart..).

You say every business dies without funding, but I think the "football is different" rule applies here. Is there any football club that hasn't continued to exsist, in some guise,  despite their dire financial state?

1 minute ago, JoeP said:

Not quite the same, this time around. This Chairman and his brother are bringing in players that they and they only rate, who are way below par, purely to feed their own egos (or possibly for other reasons that don't seem to have the team and club at heart..).

You say every business dies without funding, but I think the "football is different" rule applies here. Is there any football club that hasn't continued to exsist, in some guise,  despite their dire financial state?

It appears to to me it's not a question of who they rate, but who agencies recommend. 

Yes of course we've had some dross, no one can deny that. I would imagine at every club that has a sporting director and head coach differing opinions occur on certain players, yet  said player arrives. Personally I would prefer a manager to stand and fall by his/her own making, that's where the buck stops. 

Why no mention of the decent players brought in also, so lets have some balance. Or even how much money Al  as sunk into the club. It's not all bad. Plus my main point in posting here is to say, I'll still attend and anyone who encourages or gives sucker to others not to attend can only damage the club. You want Al out, fine, protest and make it an uncomfortable ride inside the ground, every match. You won't do that out shopping with the misses.

9 minutes ago, Lags said:

Yes of course we've had some dross, no one can deny that. I would imagine at every club that has a sporting director and head coach differing opinions occur on certain players, yet  said player arrives. Personally I would prefer a manager to stand and fall by his/her own making, that's where the buck stops. 

Why no mention of the decent players brought in also, so lets have some balance. Or even how much money Al  as sunk into the club. It's not all bad. Plus my main point in posting here is to say, I'll still attend and anyone who encourages or gives sucker to others not to attend can only damage the club. You want Al out, fine, protest and make it an uncomfortable ride inside the ground, every match. You won't do that out shopping with the misses.

Problem is Lags is that up to now they haven't seemed too concerned with fan opinion (obvious team interference,  North Stand closure, no attempts to halt huge drop in ST sales, Barry Owen) so not sure a protest from within would have any effect.

Unfortunately I think we are stuck with them until they get bored or the money runs out.

7 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Problem is Lags is that up to now they haven't seemed too concerned with fan opinion (obvious team interference,  North Stand closure, no attempts to halt huge drop in ST sales, Barry Owen) so not sure a protest from within would have any effect.

Unfortunately I think we are stuck with them until they get bored or the money runs out.

You may well be right. The other problem for me is greater, the one pushing the club deeper into the financial mire whilst having little to no effect on the owner.

Get in the ground, get behind the players, enjoy the banter with your mates, have a few beers and give Al and Co all the grief you can muster. Until you see a change you want to see. If you do, then pat Al on the shoulder for it. It works both ways right?.

20 minutes ago, Lags said:

The decent signings probably don't get a mention because they're pointless if we're not getting the best out of them because the owners tell the manager what team to play in order to include the owners' inferior players. To see the best of our better signings, we need the best team out. The owner (quite often) doesn't allow this. 

I agree I'd rather have a manager who makes all the decisions and falls on his sword - otherwise is there any point in having a manager/head coach at all if everything he does is influenced by the owner?

I see both sides to the "protest or boycott" arguement. Personally, I'm not going to make any effort to go, but won't feel guilty about going if it's an attractive game/for the social..

1 hour ago, Lags said:

Pathetic?, name me one business in the entire world that doesn't die with no funding of it.

Everyone to their own, I am a OAFC supporter and will continue to attend. Al and every other chairman we've every had in my opinion wasted money on crap players down the years, nothing new.

The ones that don't listen to their customers are the ones that die. Hence why they lose funding.

The grievances from the fans are clear carry on down this road it will only get worse for all of us. Its the chairman's business he has to resolve this.

Most of us will put up with plenty of crap. I plan on being on this planet for the next 50 years Id like to spend many a Saturday watching Oldham Athletic Id love to take my grand kids one day. I understand that that will mean putting up with alot of shit. But their is only a certain level of shit that I intend to put up with.

1 hour ago, Lags said:

Get in the ground, get behind the players, enjoy the banter with your mates, have a few beers and give Al and Co all the grief you can muster. Until you see a change you want to see. If you do, then pat Al on the shoulder for it. It works both ways right?.

I understand what you are saying Lags but it's got to the point that going to Latics spoilt my weekend, just like most of the other Latics fans I know.   There is no banter, just moans of disapproval in a near empty stadium.

I've no doubt that you are one of the old school who like many others, are still encouraged to attend by distant memories of the glory days in the late 80s early 90s.  But what about the rest of us? We can accept the bad times if we ever saw a glimmer of hope, but there never is.  How much money and commitment do you expect people to give with so little in return?

I personally won't be returning until our fortunes improve. If that is never, so be it. I wouldn't of missed anything if that's the case.

16 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Hard though innit - when none of your mates go anymore because of the shite it's become...

Am sure the banter with your mates is exactly the same. Well, when you all get together. Life changes though, like it has for you these past 5/6 years.

4 minutes ago, Lags said:

Am sure the banter with your mates is exactly the same. Well, when you all get together. Life changes though, like it has for you these past 5/6 years.

I get what he’s saying though, a trip to BP has become a real chore, banter at the game has become almost non existent.

So many fans have now chosen not to attend, surely AL must see it’s pretty pointless carrying on. He has made no attempt whatsoever to connect with the fan base and his withdrawal from the GMR Interview has confirmed his contempt.

He has absolutely no chance of recouping his losses and for the life of me I cannot understand why he’s intent on losing more.

*******ABDALLAH OUT********

13 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Kenny Hopwood

Wasnt it Kenny Hopwood who used to manage the online responses to fans questions but the Trust withdrew the functionality ?

Maybe the decision not to Kenny's liking

Falling like flies at the Trust aren't they, not a happy camp

7 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Wasnt it Kenny Hopwood who used to manage the online responses to fans questions but the Trust withdrew the functionality ?

Maybe the decision not to Kenny's liking

Falling like flies at the Trust aren't they, not a happy camp

To be honest, he has been thinking about it for several months. He is a paramedic by trade so I can only imagine how busy he has been of late.

However, recently, I believe he has been a victim of some horrendous on line social media abuse that needed reporting. 

Its another reason I believe, that puts off people stepping up to any supporter organisation.......that target gets firmly stuck on your back and thats the kind of keyboard warrior stuff some folks do, attack you from behind.  Trust, PTB, FLG.........we all have got it in some form.

It's not acceptable but it happens

4 minutes ago, underdog said:

However, recently, I believe he has been a victim of some horrendous on line social media abuse that needed reporting. 

Just no need is there 😧

16 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

I wondered how long it would be before somebody wheeled out this old load of tripe. Just because we still go and support the club does not mean we are not aware of the state we are in.

You obviously feel your head is above the sand-and what good is it doing- same owner, same problems. Your awareness does not seem to have made much difference so far.

Come back to us when you can actually say ' we achieved this'  by our actions as long as you are not saying it when we have been deducted  points for going into admin or starting a phoenix club. That is not an achievement. That is failure.

Then your comments may have more weight.

After all we are such an attractive proposition having been in the premiership a loooong time ago.

I think the season ticket sales speak volumes. 

You can try and play the men, not the ball, but the fact is your supporting the club is not lifting sales or agreement is it?

Thdir views, survey responses speak volumes, with far more reach than you could ever aspire to. Each action by the owner is adding to their support. 

Archived