#ReclaimTheFaith

30 minutes ago, underdog said:

To be honest, he has been thinking about it for several months. He is a paramedic by trade so I can only imagine how busy he has been of late.

However, recently, I believe he has been a victim of some horrendous on line social media abuse that needed reporting

Its another reason I believe, that puts off people stepping up to any supporter organisation.......that target gets firmly stuck on your back and thats the kind of keyboard warrior stuff some folks do, attack you from behind.  Trust, PTB, FLG.........we all have got it in some form.

It's not acceptable but it happens

Exactly what BO get's on here, whether warranted or not. Said it many times but I'll wager this will get me pelters again.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Lags said:

Exactly what BO get's on here, whether warranted or not. Said it many times but I'll wager this will get me pelters again.

Give it a rest Lags.  It's not exactly the same at all.  BO gets grief for his pass actions.

We'll always be arguing or complaining over managers or players.  But the thing that was a massive red flag for me was how they dealt with the closure of the Joe Royle Stand.  It just showed the utter contempt they have for the fans.  To score a petty point they were willing to turf fans out of their seats, then make very little (if any) attempt to resolve it.

And while I understand people will always want to go as they just want to go and support the shirts on the pitch, anyone boycotting while this horror show of a regime is in place has my full support.

Barry Owen gets grief equal to the grief and arrogance he gives fans - some guy giving up his time getting abuse on social media personally (does Barry have Twitter) is totally different - I invite to you to look at his “a little bit of knowledge” clip to see the absolute superiority complex he has and that’s before he made a dog look polite in eating his pie.

you want to go to games Lags fair play and crack on - I don’t because quite frankly there are better things to spend £20 a week on or £300 a year than watching shite abject, totally un entertaining crap week in week out. Yes we’ve done it before but at least we knew some of the crap on the pitch- not some 4th division French player who is only here to line Mo’s (flat) cap.  I watched Oldham for 30 years with my dad and grandad - only my grandad still goes and that is only to get away from my gran a few hours a week - I’m quite happy to see us go to the wall - football isn’t everything / businesses go bust and the world keeps turning - I will not spend my money to feed AL’s ego. 

3 hours ago, Lags said:

I agree, When it gets personal, threatening and abusive to a fellow human being, its not acceptable and should be challenged.

Being on the end of it its horrific, especially when your family/friends see it too. 

That being said though, I do wonder how many would say this kind of stuff.......in person.

2 hours ago, nzlatic said:

We'll always be arguing or complaining over managers or players.  But the thing that was a massive red flag for me was how they dealt with the closure of the Joe Royle Stand.  It just showed the utter contempt they have for the fans.  To score a petty point they were willing to turf fans out of their seats, then make very little (if any) attempt to resolve it.

And while I understand people will always want to go as they just want to go and support the shirts on the pitch, anyone boycotting while this horror show of a regime is in place has my full support.

By the way, anyone heard if tickets are/are not being sold in this stand for next season?

2 hours ago, nzlatic said:

The Joe Royle Stand saga is THE example of the total lack of regard the Owner and Board have for our supporters.

To this day, we have had no formal explanation of why the Council Safety Authorities deemed it necessary to close the stand on match days

We have had no formal correspondence advising what works have been undertaken to make the stand safe

We have had no formal correspondence to evidence the Council Safety Authorities have inspected the stand to confirm the necessary works have been satisfactorily completed and have passed the stand as safe for supporters

Yet, the Club is selling season tickets for the Joe Royle Stand

1 minute ago, TheBigDog said:

Really? 

quite happy probably an exaggeration but I would live - the whole “I will spend money through thick or thin” just doesn’t ring with me - I’m quite happy walking the dog or going to the cinema on a Saturday and getting more enjoyment than Latics has given me the last 30 years but the last 3 have been on a whole other level. The club is toxic and I have no desire to feed the snake 

It's been said the club is not an attractive proposition for a buyer because the ground is not included. However Blitz is  apparently keen to sell, so it would be possible to buy both at the same time. It would just mean negotiating with two parties.

The person who enquired about buying the club, should have withdrawn their offer to bail AL out, when he refused to sell. Then allow the club to go into administration, and buy it from the administrator for far less than AL wanted originally.

52 minutes ago, tGWB said:

The Joe Royle Stand saga is THE example of the total lack of regard the Owner and Board have for our supporters.

To this day, we have had no formal explanation of why the Council Safety Authorities deemed it necessary to close the stand on match days

We have had no formal correspondence advising what works have been undertaken to make the stand safe

We have had no formal correspondence to evidence the Council Safety Authorities have inspected the stand to confirm the necessary works have been satisfactorily completed and have passed the stand as safe for supporters

Yet, the Club is selling season tickets for the Joe Royle Stand

it gets worse 🤦‍♂️

owdumer on the season tickets thread has stated that he exchanged emails last week with NA and she said that due to uncertainty over safety issues she would have to inform him if/when it was sorted before selling seats in the Joe Royle Stand 

6 hours ago, Lags said:

I don't think they are the same. Barry was very confrontational, aggressive, dismissive and caused great damage to the reputation to the Trust when he joined OAFC Board, whereas Kenny hardly engaged at all and doesn't deserve flak. Albeit his leaving the WhatsApp group on the pretext of PTB pressure was very disingenuous 

13 hours ago, Lags said:

... so lets have some balance. Or even how much money Al  as sunk into the club. It's not all bad. 

This owner got us relegated to the bottom tier very quickly. We've struggled in that bottom tier. Fans, having maintained support initially, are now deserting in worrying numbers. Recent squads have been absolutely shite. Our shiny new stand is gathering cobwebs. The fan base is divided like never before. It is all bad in my view. (and please don't anyone respond with the "we've still got a club" line - nobody forced him to buy us you know but it's been an unmitigated disaster ever since).

10 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

....say that to a Notts County/Tranmere/Chesterfield/Hartlepool (delete as appropriate) fan.....

Unfortunately for Notts County, their manager at the beginning of their relegation season must have been a worse manager than a dog woul- oh, bloody hell...

1 minute ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Unfortunately for Notts County, their manager at the beginning of their relegation season must have been a worse manager than a dog woul- oh, bloody hell...

At least our owner hasn't posted his wedding tackle on Twitter. As far as I know. 

22 hours ago, underdog said:

To be honest, he has been thinking about it for several months. He is a paramedic by trade so I can only imagine how busy he has been of late.

However, recently, I believe he has been a victim of some horrendous on line social media abuse that needed reporting. 

Its another reason I believe, that puts off people stepping up to any supporter organisation.......that target gets firmly stuck on your back and thats the kind of keyboard warrior stuff some folks do, attack you from behind.  Trust, PTB, FLG.........we all have got it in some form.

It's not acceptable but it happens

Darren has resigned as well 

13 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Darren has resigned as well 

Yes I saw this yestrerday. Trust now in limbo and limited to what it can do next as it has fallen below director numbers to run it and a quorum to make decisions.

The one and only decision it can make is to call an EGM and ask for directors to step forward. I believe this is in motion

Archived