#ReclaimTheFaith

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I tend to think that he DOF model is the best one in the modern age.  But it does rather depend on who the DOF is.

I agree.  In theory it should provide a blueprint/structure and continuity - if a change in head coach is needed, they are appointed on the basis of following a consistent strategy. Rather than changing strategy and a full squad overhaul every time a head coach leaves or underperforms and is sacked.

But when your DOF has demonstrated a clear lack of strategy and competence you've got no chance.

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

I tend to think that he DOF model is the best one in the modern age.  But it does rather depend on who the DOF is.

Its just a modern trend, in 10 years time they will be considered dinosaurs.🦕

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

Its just a modern trend, in 10 years time they will be considered dinosaurs.🦕

No chance.  If you include overseas players, stats, diet, fitness etc. there is just too much in the game to be the responsibility of one person.  It's moved on.  There's nothing wrong with the model.  Equally I believed that the Lemsagam model of bringing under-researched players in, developing them and selling them on wasn't actually a bad idea.  Unfortunately it has been appallingly executed and Brexit is probably its death knell anyway.

7 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Like goalkeepers and defenders messing about it's a trend which will be binned by future 'forward thinking' coaches in the future.

Cull the poor agents too.

Much as I agree with you about agents status in the game I'm afraid you'll be proved wrong with your statement regarding goalies and defenders playing out from the back.

The problem lies with players trying to play out to the exclusion of hitting it long when it's necessary.

I agree that it's virtually a waste of time at our level but I'm afraid the world's moved on in lots of ways, including this one. 

27 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Like goalkeepers and defenders messing about it's a trend which will be binned by future 'forward thinking' coaches in the future.

Cull the poor agents too.

Well maybe - but it won't go back to autocratic managerial despots

Are most clubs using the DoF model these days?

Unless the DoF and “Head coach” are completely in sync, it seems a tough gig for the Head Coach to mould a team with the players the DoF tosses his way...

1 minute ago, JoeP said:

Are most clubs using the DoF model these days?

Unless the DoF and “Head coach” are completely in sync, it seems a tough gig for the Head Coach to mould a team with the players the DoF tosses his way...

We need to find a Head Coach who's "in sync" with our DoF. 

Surely there's somebody on this planet !!

3 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

We need to find a Head Coach who's "in sync" with our DoF. 

Surely there's somebody on this planet !!

Just find any chubby, bald, flat cap wearing, tramp looking, scum bag who has no clue about football and put him as manager under mo and they will work in perfect sync

3 hours ago, latics22 said:

Just find any chubby, bald, flat cap wearing, tramp looking, scum bag who has no clue about football and put him as manager under mo and they will work in perfect sync

Keith Hill then

If Curle isn't here by the start of next season because Mo's forced him out, then a Not A Penny More boycott campaign would be in order until Mo is gone.

It's a good appointment by the board with a proven track record in League Two and they deserve credit for it.  But if they screw it up so soon then more drastic action surely has to be taken by us fans, because nothing else would work.

23 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

If Curle isn't here by the start of next season because Mo's forced him out, then a Not A Penny More boycott campaign would be in order until Mo is gone.

It's a good appointment by the board with a proven track record in League Two and they deserve credit for it.  But if they screw it up so soon then more drastic action surely has to be taken by us fans, because nothing else would work.

Why wait till then why not start now 14 games left watching players going through motions.

£140 saving there. Plenty you can do with that.

13 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Why wait till then why not start now 14 games left watching players going through motions.

£140 saving there. Plenty you can do with that.

Because this is actually a proven appointment at this level and I'm impressed that they've acquired him.

But the issue is how they deal with the bosses they bring in.  When we hired Scholes he was the best chance we have had for many off-the-pitch reasons, but of course he was a managerial gamble because he had no prior experience.  Whereas this is the appointment with the most managerial experience (and success) that this ownership has made by some distance, so if we throw this chance away so soon then I can't see this ownership getting another one.

Archived