#ReclaimTheFaith

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, adamoafc said:

👏🏻👏🏻

Have to be honest though I’ve no interest in Joining in the trust, because it would have to change so fundamentally and become the polar opposite of what it is now and I don’t think there is an appetite for that from those within. I sense a power/ideology battle, which we don’t need. 

What is more important at the minute, shaping the trust to reflect the majority of fans? Or applying pressure on the owner to leave? For me it’s the latter, and Id just like to see public backing of one another for the greater good. 

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

What is more important at the minute, shaping the trust to reflect the majority of fans? Or applying pressure on the owner to leave? For me it’s the latter, and Id just like to see public backing of one another for the greater good. 

Sadly (for me at least) after the OASF June update yesterday  this comment by @League one forever rings true. The Trust has unanimously voted NOT to support the 3000 signature Fans petition/letter asking the owners to sell (which the Trust board has the right to do),  choosing instead to continue working with the club...

A question I would ask the Trust is what (if anything) do you plan to do about ‘working with the club’ to provide a response to the letter? Surely the Trust must see that a response is needed?

I am already seriously considering renouncing my membership of OASF...

11 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Sadly (for me at least) after the OASF June update yesterday  this comment by @League one forever rings true. The Trust has unanimously voted NOT to support the 3000 signature Fans petition/letter asking the owners to sell (which the Trust board has the right to do),  choosing instead to continue working with the club...

A question I would ask the Trust is what (if anything) do you plan to do about ‘working with the club’ to provide a response to the letter? Surely the Trust must see that a response is needed?

I am already seriously considering renouncing my membership of OASF...

Paul should be back from holiday now shouldn’t he?  I’m still interested to hear his opinions on the “board update” some 2 weeks ago that he presumably was aware of 

Edit - just seems the OASF statement released yesterday.

No offence to @singe who has helped the lottery or @underdogwho I have a lot of time for - but my recently acquired membership will be revoked immediately.

That statement is an absolute disgrace and could have been written by Karl Evans himself.

the “PTB letter” excuse me it was not “PTB letter” it was a petition I signed and therefore my f**king letter and to be told it garnered no meaningful discussion at a board meeting with a fans fucking rep on board says it all.

The trust, foundation whatever can get stuffed - I’m out 

1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Paul should be back from holiday now shouldn’t he?  I’m still interested to hear his opinions on the “board update” some 2 weeks ago that he presumably was aware of 

No offence to @singe who has helped the lottery or @underdogwho I have a lot of time for - but my recently acquired membership will be revoked immediately.

That statement is an absolute disgrace and could have been written by Karl Evans himself.

the “PTB letter” excuse me it was not “PTB letter” it was a petition I signed and therefore my f**king letter and to be told it garnered no meaningful discussion at a board meeting with a fans fucking rep on board says it all.

Can anyone provide a link to the OASF statement, as I seem to have missed it.

2 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Spot on. 

16/17 years after it’s inception, and the gradual descent to the bottom of the football league and it STILL wants to be bed with the owner/s. 

It makes me wonder- what would have to happen for the trust to go even remotely hostile? 

12 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Spot on. 

16/17 years after it’s inception, and the gradual descent to the bottom of the football league and it STILL wants to be bed with the owner/s. 

It makes me wonder- what would have to happen for the trust to go even remotely hostile? 

Do we need two protest groups though?

25 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Do we need two protest groups though?

Why does speaking out when things are being run badly make anybody a protest group? Healthy pressure! This is what the fan led review is all about.  There is a massive difference. 

32 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Why does speaking out when things are being run badly make anybody a protest group? Healthy pressure! This is what the fan led review is all about.  There is a massive difference. 

You are trying to force an owner out with no succession plan in place. Just hoping someone else will come along to take it on isn't healthy.

31 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

You are trying to force an owner out with no succession plan in place. Just hoping someone else will come along to take it on isn't healthy.

As we have said numerous times there have been bids made for the club by people far wealthier than Abdallah. I would suggest that isn’t just ‘hoping’. Interest continues to be there just not for £3-£5 million when you would only be buying a ‘brand’ Abdallah doesn’t even own the badge. 

6 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

As we have said numerous times there have been bids made for the club by people far wealthier than Abdallah. I would suggest that isn’t just ‘hoping’. Interest continues to be there just not for £3-£5 million when you would only be buying a ‘brand’ Abdallah doesn’t even own the badge. 

If they are that wealthy then paying a bit extra to get what you what shouldn't be a problem surely.

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

What that statement says it that we are not prepared to represent legitimate fans grievances at Board Level.

Now I'm not one to take digs at people who are volunteers but that statement is pathetically weak.

agree 100%

4 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

If they are that wealthy then paying a bit extra to get what you what shouldn't be a problem surely.

If you are in business Rob i’m sure you know paying over the odds is not what you, do especially given there is a stadium to buy also. Who in their right mind is going to pay near on £11mill for the ground and club? 

2 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

If you are in business Rob i’m sure you know paying over the odds is not what you, do especially given there is a stadium to buy also. Who in their right mind is going to pay near on £11mill for the ground and club? 

Nobody but realistically it wouldn't take anything like that number to get it done.

So these mystery bidders, how serious are they ? Corney searched for years, now there is  lots of interested parties. What are they proposing they buy? The badge or the full lot? They could buy the ground and force AL into admin and get the club for free? What are they offering? How far apart is the figure ?

Mission Statement

Ensure the existence of a successful, well-supported and inclusive professional football club based in Oldham MBC; act as the official and representative supporters group which holds a share in the Club; hold the Club accountable.

4 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

That statement is pretty awful.

Trust, Foundation, whatever you want to call it.  Things aren't going to change much are they?

It’s laughable - if the trust came out and said Karl Evans had hacked their account I’d be tempted to believe them

They can fold for me, will have absolutely nothing more to do with them - an entity with 200 members actually admitting to ignoring the will of 3,000 and they want us to join???

Fold and let people who will actually ask the club difficult questions take over - massive massive own goal and in terms of reading a room - get to Specsavers 

10 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Mission Statement

Ensure the existence of a successful, well-supported and inclusive professional football club based in Oldham MBC; act as the official and representative supporters group which holds a share in the Club; hold the Club accountable.

Now if that mission statement has any meaning whatsoever they will retract that statement and go back to the club and ask them for a response regarding the petition signed by the vast majority of our match going fanbase. 

It was Winston Churchill who once said "An appeasor is someone who feeds a crocodile and hopes it will eat him last" That is all they are doing right now.

Archived