#ReclaimTheFaith

18 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

It’s laughable - if the trust came out and said Karl Evans had hacked their account I’d be tempted to believe them

They can fold for me, will have absolutely nothing more to do with them - an entity with 200 members actually admitting to ignoring the will of 3,000 and they want us to join???

Fold and let people who will actually ask the club difficult questions take over - massive massive own goal and in terms of reading a room - get to Specsavers 

If you're not one of the 200, and clearly most people aren't, then why would you be bothered what they do or don't do?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

If you're not one of the 200, and clearly most people aren't, then why would you be bothered what they do or don't do?

I’m not a member of the Ku Klux Klan or the Tory party but I do keep abreast of their activities from time to time 

Bravo cos you must be the longest serving antagonistic troll on here - Wednesday could learn something from you 

Another thing I'd like to know is that what does the Trust have to lose by challenging the owner and holding him to account which is something they state in their mission statement. Because they have nothing to lose by asking him the question.

The worst case scenario is that they get kicked out the boardroom but if they are not holding the owner accountable their is no point them being there anyway.

31 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Bravo cos you must be the longest serving antagonistic troll on here - Wednesday could learn something from you 

So somebody who happens to have a different point of view to you now starts to get abuse? 

Moreover you seem unable to answer the points he has raised. I get it you are not happy with the trust but that doesn't mean you have a monopoly on opinion.

2 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

So somebody who happens to have a different point of view to you now starts to get abuse? 

Moreover you seem unable to answer the points he has raised. I get it you are not happy with the trust but that doesn't mean you have a monopoly on opinion.

Eyrsie doesn't have an opinion he just logs on to disagree with people. You should know this by now.

Just now, whittles left foot said:

First of all I have not abused him in the slightest

my comment of his antagonistic troll like nature comes from what I have witnessed for over a year not just in relation to this

i welcome disagreement and debate but he just repeats “it’s shit and you don’t like it” for reactions 

which point has he raised that I haven’t answered? He says because I’m not one of the 200 (I was up untill about 2 hours ago) I should not be bothered? I’ve said I’m not a member of other parties I disagree with but I still follow them? 

2 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Another thing I'd like to know is that what does the Trust have to lose by challenging the owner and holding him to account which is something they state in their mission statement. Because they have nothing to lose by asking him the question.

The worst case scenario is that they get kicked out the boardroom but if they are not holding the owner accountable their is no point them being there anyway.

You deal with different people in different ways. I don't know AL or what he's like apart from stories on here. Though it does sound like he isn't a man that loves people disagreeing with him. Maybe they think it's worth not burning bridges...

Only on a Latics board can you read and digest a scene where some well intentioned, highly motivated, fed up lads decide theyve realised a way we can go and get some real answers and possiblyaffect some real change. To help them (help ourselves really) they would like us to do this quite simple thing. 

Then you see people who have already done this really simple thing get angry about the very same thing the well intentioned fans are but decide thr best course of action is to go public about how they want nothing to do with it anymore.

Brilliant.

8 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

It seems as if you are not in awe of everything little thing PTB do the attack dogs come out. I'm intrigued as to why they suddenly want everybody signed up to the Trust having done nothing but drag it down since their inception...

7 minutes ago, doctor evil said:

You deal with different people in different ways. I don't know AL or what he's like apart from stories on here. Though it does sound like he isn't a man that loves people disagreeing with him. Maybe they think it's worth not burning bridges...

Well how has not burning those bridges with him worked out so far?

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

It seems as if you are not in awe of everything little thing PTB do the attack dogs come out. I'm intrigued as to why they suddenly want everybody signed up to the Trust having done nothing but drag it down since their inception...

I’m in awe of no one mate 

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

Well how has not burning those bridges with him worked out so far?

Hard to tell isn't it, there's nothing to compare it to. In theory things could be worse but they could be a hell of a lot better. What power the trust (or ptb) has is debatable and so how much we can expect from them is debatable. Also I'm not saying that is exactly what the trust are doing. Just merely trying to suggest that both the trust and ptb are both trying to force the club in the right direction via different methods, which probably isn't the worst thing in the world.

10 minutes ago, doctor evil said:

Hard to tell isn't it, there's nothing to compare it to. In theory things could be worse but they could be a hell of a lot better. What power the trust (or ptb) has is debatable and so how much we can expect from them is debatable. Also I'm not saying that is exactly what the trust are doing. Just merely trying to suggest that both the trust and ptb are both trying to force the club in the right direction via different methods, which probably isn't the worst thing in the world.

Actually their is the crowds are going down and a separate fans  group has been formed which has significantly greater support of that the of Trust. 

Do you honestly think PTB would have been formed if Trust Oldham showed any willingness to challenge the owner correctly?

They quite clearly state on their mission statement on their website that they aim to represent the fans and hold the Club accountable. By ignoring a petition signed by 3000 fans (86% of the average home attendance of the 19/20 season) that they are doing this properly? I don't think they are

5 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Actually their is the crowds are going down and a separate fans  group has been formed which has significantly greater support of that the of Trust. 

Do you honestly think PTB would have been formed if Trust Oldham showed any willingness to challenge the owner correctly?

They quite clearly state on their mission statement on their website that they aim to represent the fans and hold the Club accountable. By ignoring a petition signed by 3000 fans (86% of the average home attendance of the 19/20 season) that they are doing this properly? I don't think they are

I would say that most fans should be generally supportive of both the trust and ptb even if they don't agree on how they go about their business. Ptb have to have that vocal support because atm they don't have a direct line to the club/AL. The trust already have that so they're obviously going to be less noisy if you like. 

12 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Hope all those signatories were verified given how much weight you are putting behind it...

8 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

What exactly is that we are complaining about?      That the team is not very good? That we sign foreign players ? That the owners get involved with running the club they own ? 

what is the injustice? What is the grievance? 

I am not happy that we are 18th etc but I don’t see a clear defined legitimate issue to rally around or against 

3 minutes ago, latics22 said:

So glad all factions have pulled together …..

Exactly the problem. Everything has to be one or the other. Having multiple forms of attack can only be a positive imo. Maybe in the future there shouldn't be a need for both to exist but I would say right now, they're both needed...

2 minutes ago, doctor evil said:

I would say that most fans should be generally supportive of both the trust and ptb even if they don't agree on how they go about their business. Ptb have to have that vocal support because atm they don't have a direct line to the club/AL. The trust already have that so they're obviously going to be less noisy if you like. 

Hence why they are now trying to muscle in to the Trusts patch...

8 minutes ago, doctor evil said:

Exactly the problem. Everything has to be one or the other. Having multiple forms of attack can only be a positive imo. Maybe in the future there shouldn't be a need for both to exist but I would say right now, they're both needed...

Can somebody define what the issue iis that should unite us. discontent is just an emotion not a cause to rally around ? 

Archived