#ReclaimTheFaith

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's dead easy this - honestly. I appreciate that certain things have taken a toll on people's health - has any of it been worth it? Easy answer - no. The regime doesn't give a flying f_ck about what the "Trust" or anyone else thinks. The naivety of the "Trust" astounds me. It's like nobody has ever actually been in business at director level (and I mean proper business - not a one or two man directorship) and experienced what a "dog eat dog" world it is at that level. My advice - simply resign from the board of Latics as it is achieving diddly squat. Sell the 3% sharehgolding back to AL (ask him for the initial investment back) and stick the proceeds in the contingency fund. Then get firmly behind PTB and forget your precious egos. Only once the fans are united will anything be achieved.

1 minute ago, wiseowl said:

It's dead easy this - honestly. I appreciate that certain things have taken a toll on people's health - has any of it been worth it? Easy answer - no. The regime doesn't give a flying f_ck about what the "Trust" or anyone else thinks. The naivety of the "Trust" astounds me. It's like nobody has ever actually been in business at director level (and I mean proper business - not a one or two man directorship) and experienced what a "dog eat dog" world it is at that level. My advice - simply resign from the board of Latics as it is achieving diddly squat. Sell the 3% sharehgolding back to AL (ask him for the initial investment back) and stick the proceeds in the contingency fund. Then get firmly behind PTB and forget your precious egos. Only once the fans are united will anything be achieved.

Why the frig would he pay 200k for something that has zero benefit to him?

Just now, mcfluff1985 said:

Why the frig would he pay 200k for something that has zero benefit to him?

Oh he would - trust me - I have it on good authority. Pity nobody has brokered the deal with him. 

8 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Oh he would - trust me - I have it on good authority. Pity nobody has brokered the deal with him. 

If it's that important to him, it needs keeping. Improving, OASF have said themsleves often enough,  but keep it for that reason alone.

3 minutes ago, latics22 said:

If they handed it back for free it would be a statement of intent. And any new owner would almost certainly give it back to them again for free, as a show of good will.

I think there is next to no chance that would happen, and a bad negotiatng position. Steve Dale wouldn't, nor Alkadi at Macc, Lemsagam, Ashley, Oyston, Levy the list is endless and why virtually no other clubs have it. We cannot afford to be kamikaze or even hope for the best. It's not a question of could someone buy Oldham, but who is it and what are their intentions and funding sources. We do have to maximise it's effectiveness though.

11 hours ago, wiseowl said:

You have to be kidding.  He'd pay £200k just to get rid of something he pays no attention to?  Pull the other one.

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

You have to be kidding.  He'd pay £200k just to get rid of something he pays no attention to?  Pull the other one.

You are missing the crucial point regarding the nature of who you are dealing with and what feeds ego. I find it astonishing that nobody has even attempted to broker the idea. Well.... I suppose I don't really because it's all about naivety again. It's what can happen when "fans" run things. Very well intentioned - often way off the mark. 

15 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

You are missing the crucial point regarding the nature of who you are dealing with and what feeds ego. I find it astonishing that nobody has even attempted to broker the idea. Well.... I suppose I don't really because it's all about naivety again. It's what can happen when "fans" run things. Very well intentioned - often way off the mark. 

It's just a ridiculous suggestion unless you really do know otherwise.

18 hours ago, wiseowl said:

If that is the case, why did he include OASF's shares when he created 20,000 new shares, so that they still owned 3%?

11 hours ago, wiseowl said:

Why don’t you try and broker the deal then? 

16 hours ago, al_bro said:

If that is the case, why did he include OASF's shares when he created 20,000 new shares, so that they still owned 3%?

The trust shares are a special class of share.  No matter how many of the ordinary shares are issued the shareholding will stay at 3% as written into the company's Articles of Association

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Andy b said:

Both barrels 

He deserves it, but what does that achieve apart from some satisfaction.

Telling him as it is, is good for a few moments but the pleasure is fleeting, it's the minutest cog in the wheel.

So much that we need to do.

I have faith PTB see that as but a small step and are focussing on the rest of the huge task ahead.

Archived