#ReclaimTheFaith

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, adamoafc said:

Well done, lads. You are experienced enough without using my input, but these are my thoughts.

The questioning has to be hard but fair, without overreaction. If AL goes all defensive and tries to deflect the issues on to something else, keep going back to it and ask the same questions again and again. 

If he still bats them away, then we know he's only paying lip service. Challenge his answers if you're not fully convinced. He needs to understand that we want honesty and that he fully appreciates the fan's discontent and concern that he and his brother are killing this once proud club.

Go for it, lads.

5 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Well done, lads. You are experienced enough without using my input, but these are my thoughts.

The questioning has to be hard but fair, without overreaction. If AL goes all defensive and tries to deflect the issues on to something else, keep going back to it and ask the same questions again and again. 

If he still bats them away, then we know he's only paying lip service. Challenge his answers if you're not fully convinced. He needs to understand that we want honesty and that he fully appreciates the fan's discontent and concern that he and his brother are killing this once proud club.

Go for it, lads.

I think the meet is rightly focused on AL’s departure from the club, encouraging him to start taking steps towards this and exploring how fans can facilitate an amicable split rather than getting him to understand the discontentment. 

2 minutes ago, Andy b said:

I think the meet is rightly focused on AL’s departure from the club, encouraging him to start taking steps towards this and exploring how fans can facilitate an amicable split rather than getting him to understand the discontentment. 

If this is true, then it alleys a lot of my fears about trying to get him to understand- we are well past that point. 

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

If this is true, then it alleys a lot of my fears about trying to get him to understand- we are well past that point. 

Appealing to his conscious surely isn’t going to work so whilst having to lay down the law, ultimately any such meeting has to be about how he can be helped to dispose of the club - not because it’s the right thing to do morally but because one would guess that he wants to get out but perhaps needs to helped and incentivised to do so 

Still- even if it is a discussion on a amicable split. Trying to convince him to cut his losses for the greater good is going to be extremely difficult. 

I want to believe that talking will get PTB/OASF somewhere, but I think it will be more head patting and lip service unfortunately.

Hope I’m wrong, and wish them luck. 

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

Still- even if it is a discussion on a amicable split. Trying to convince him to cut his losses for the greater good is going to be extremely difficult. 

I want to believe that talking will get PTB/OASF somewhere, but I think it will be more head patting and lip service unfortunately.

Hope I’m wrong, and wish them luck. 

Am sure these guys will pitch it right and run with the right agenda. They know that meetings for meetings sake is a waste of time.

1 minute ago, Andy b said:

Appealing to his conscious surely isn’t going to work so whilst having to lay down the law, ultimately any such meeting has to be about how he can be helped to dispose of the club - not because it’s the right thing to do morally but because one would guess that he wants to get out but perhaps needs to helped and incentivised to do so 

How can fans groups incentive him? 

It’s simply down to how much or how little money he’s prepared to lose surely? 

Just now, League one forever said:

I don’t know but an exploratory discussion to understand his position would be a good starting point 

Just now, maximus1267 said:

I think he is ready to sell up.

No doubt in my mind. On what terms and how quickly it can happen is the issue.

devastating that the trust isn’t in a position, financially, to move in but it may be working on a plan to raise some decent funds quickly (decent enough to run the club for a short period of time that is). 

43 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I do Maxi, the trouble is I think Mo loves it. 

It’s always fascinated me why someone puts millions of their own money in, then leaves their brother to it. Very strange dynamic. 

Well fingers crossed eh 

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

It's in his interest to move the club on to someone else. Not just financially the club loses money everyday, so everyday he runs it he loses more and more money.

Not just that but interms of the stress that this is causing running a business is hard but running one which is struggling that has family members in it who are under pressure, surely Mo can't be that tone death to realise that knowone wants him here. This is a hassle he doesn't need in his life.

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

It's in his interest to move the club on to someone else. Not just financially the club loses money everyday, so everyday he runs it he loses more and more money.

Not just that but interms of the stress that this is causing running a business is hard but running one which is struggling. This is a hassle he doesn't need in his life.

100% 

And that is very rational and reasoned way to frame it. But, nothing he or his brother do is rational or reasoned.

Strangely I don’t think convincing the owner to sell is the issue, it’s getting Mo to let go. 

49 minutes ago, Andy b said:

No doubt in my mind. On what terms and how quickly it can happen is the issue.

devastating that the trust isn’t in a position, financially, to move in but it may be working on a plan to raise some decent funds quickly (decent enough to run the club for a short period of time that is). 

Quite, especially since there have been 30 OASF/Trust Directors come and go in the last 7 years of OASF alone.

2 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

@Andy b the meeting could quite easily go "we want you to sell" then AL responds "I don't want to and I won't be doing"

Where do you go then?

You politely tell him that the fans are at the point of no return you think the protests and boycotts will continue, and the downward spiral will continue until his investment becomes next to worthless. 

3 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

@Andy b the meeting could quite easily go "we want you to sell" then AL responds "I don't want to and I won't be doing"

Where do you go then?

It could yes. But we first need to establish his position and then we know what we are working with/against in terms of facilitating his exit.

If that’s his answer then there needs to be a longer term plan as he will

sell one day. At the moment we don’t know whether we are planning for his planned departure in 6 months or 6 years and that is really important in determining fan action. 

11 minutes ago, League one forever said:

100% 

And that is very rational and reasoned way to frame it. But, nothing he or his brother do is rational or reasoned.

Strangely I don’t think convincing the owner to sell is the issue, it’s getting Mo to let go. 

The shares are in Abdullahs name he sells on then Mo has no choice but to go.

If he gives them to Mo then God help us all.

Archived