#ReclaimTheFaith

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"THE Mayor of Greater Manchester is behind a plan which he believes could "protect the future" of Oldham Athletic 'for the next 100 years and beyond', by giving fans long-term control of the football club."

"Andy Burnham is spearheading a new task force to give supporters an active role in the future ownership of Latics."

www.theoldhamtimes.co.uk

5 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

"THE Mayor of Greater Manchester is behind a plan which he believes could "protect the future" of Oldham Athletic 'for the next 100 years and beyond', by giving fans long-term control of the football club."

"Andy Burnham is spearheading a new task force to give supporters an active role in the future ownership of Latics."

www.theoldhamtimes.co.uk

I'd need some encouragement to watch all 6h 35mins!

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

It's pie in the sky and unachievable, might have to roll out plan B at some stage.

It's more than £6 million TBH

Stadium, club both.

£6 mill quoted I think is just for a stadium and main car park.

Then there is the replacement of 2 stands, 1 stand to finish of and I bet remedial work on the frizzel too.

Then running costs of it all. Which FLG have both a valuation on the asset and presume done the number crunching on that part of the jigsaw.

You will need a business plan for it all too. I think 3 yrs worth of projected finance if I rember from the pre-ACV trigger plan

There will very a mixture of grant funding and a share option. Plus other fundraising stuff. Poss a good £1 million will come from the pot Bury got theirs from. Think it was DCMS?

That's before you think about the club and its baggage.

IMO it might be a consortium approach with key partners. NHS, OMBC, OACT, Rugby and a built on/in community hub to address the in-equalities in the Borough. Part of the levelling up /oldham cares rollout. Newcastle United have opened one this year. 32 partners at a cost if £8  million and Bangla Bantums are about to start.

Now if we could get Little Wembley and Plumpton clough too you could ensure we have training facilities as well as a community hub being used almost 7 days a week. Something like The medlock centre in Oldham. But that would be extra costs and at a premium as both parcels of land have housing price value on them

What is critical is time. We have until 2031 to secure a stadium size complex in the Borough not just for footy but other sports and arena style events. And to asset lock it so we don't go through this crap again

I have been volunteering with a group looking at sports stuff in Oldham. As I have another role in the Greenbelt grab stuff under the places for everyone initiative.

It's great what networking can do.

Best guess 18 month latest b4 we know outcome of NS court case.

We may have to look at it as a phased rollout. Its a bit chicken/egg what comes first but so based on who is likely to sell first, so for me its;

Phase 1 secure asset.  Learn the lessons from the loss of shedding and the fall from grace of rugby on the town and its impact.

£6 Mill subj to valuation as a start. Factor in remedial work and finishing off stuff say £15 Mill?

Phase 2 build community hub say £8mill or part of new stand build. build on work OACT do, NHS social prescribing cradle to grave stuff. OmBC big drive on getting care services back into communities. 

Add on poss a Mill heritage centre. Stuff like BAE Lancaster bombers built in chadd, invention of tubigrip. Blah blah...I remember Singe saying this. We are all town with no working mill museums and will be losing more soon

Get oldham college learners to help not just build it but  run it as part of work experience. Courses like sport science grounds keeping, even front if house too.

Also training centre as part of the hub little wembley? Sport for all ages and abilities as well as professional sport, Academy and rugby/ cricket? 

Phase 3 be prepared to take on club. The fighting fund if need be. Poss the 1895 as shares would be issued instead for a CBS

Asset locking along the way.

Think big, think more than footy. We have got to tap into everything and anything. 

Eco sustainable poss like forest Green build too.

Yes I have had a few hours to spare haha

This is the kind of stuff I hope all the Fan groups will be thinking about. I am sure they are with the think tanks they are now tapping into to

7 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

It's pie in the sky and unachievable, might have to roll out plan B at some stage.

It’s not just fan fundraising that is required so not as black and white as you suggest Simon.

The task force set up by Andy Burnham which has been announced over the weekend, is huge towards money we can generate especially via a community share scheme. It opens up so many more revenues for potential income to make this “pie in the sky” a reality. 

If potential owners want everything (ground and club) or nothing at all which is what we are finding, we as fans have to find ways around this, the only other option is we sit back and do nothing. We have to do everything we can to safeguard whatever we can as supporters. 

5 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

It’s not just fan fundraising that is required so not as black and white as you suggest Simon.

The task force set up by Andy Burnham which has been announced over the weekend, is huge towards money we can generate especially via a community share scheme. It opens up so many more revenues for potential income to make this “pie in the sky” a reality. 

If potential owners want everything (ground and club) or nothing at all which is what we are finding, we as fans have to find ways around this, the only other option is we sit back and do nothing. We have to do everything we can to safeguard whatever we can as supporters. 

So the interested parties are no longer interested ?

Just now, mcfluff1985 said:

Nobody wants to buy the club you're saying?

They do but buying the club at present is the more difficult. We have heard of numerous parties who have contacted the relevant parties at the club and been completely ignored. Not even the decency of a reply. 

1 minute ago, adamoafc said:

They do but buying the club at present is the more difficult. We have heard of numerous parties who have contacted the relevant parties at the club and been completely ignored. Not even the decency of a reply. 

That is not entirely true is it some have been in talks with Abdallah but the court case is holding up any potential sale.

10 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Sounds promising let's see where Andy Burnham can get us, I still think the sums involved will take away the chance of supporters stepping in.

4 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

That is not entirely true is it some have been in talks with Abdallah but the court case is holding up any potential sale.

The club was up for sale a while before this court case came about Simon. Purely a smokescreen. 

4 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Do you honestly think Abdallah wants to remain as owner then? I don't.

I think he is stubborn to the point he would hold out. If they aren’t interested and want to sell would Mo remain involved? Would he have got Barry back? I’m not convinced in the slightest. 

17 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

I think he is stubborn to the point he would hold out. If they aren’t interested and want to sell would Mo remain involved? Would he have got Barry back? I’m not convinced in the slightest. 

I think he got Barry back as a fuck you to the fan base, not sure if Mo has been seen for a while but others probably know better than I.

58 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

The club was up for sale a while before this court case came about Simon. Purely a smokescreen. 

Don’t you think that is exactly why BO was brought back to the club.  He was very open about how he was convinced the club had a right to the North Stand, and he knew so many things he couldn’t talk about.

Starting him on the project to delay the sale could have been the plan.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Who?  When?  etc.  He said he was talking to some credible potential buyers nearly six months ago but anything since?

4 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Who?  When?  etc.  He said he was talking to some credible potential buyers nearly six months ago but anything since?

I always think the most credible buyers are the ones you don't hear about until they've actually bought the club. See Walsall last week...

Just now, Lee Sinnott said:

I always think the most credible buyers are the ones you don't hear about until they've actually bought the club. See Walsall last week...

Quite, although I've no idea and less interest about what may have happened at Walsall

Just now, Dave_Og said:

Quite, although I've no idea and less interest about what may have happened at Walsall

Well, yeah, me too. But I was just using them as an example of a consortium who didn't make a big song and dance about the whole charade and only became known to the public when they had bought their shares...

Archived