#ReclaimTheFaith

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/1/2019 at 10:29 PM, unsworth blue said:

Can I just add a question fellas - something to underpin everything our supporters need to know about the well being of the club

"What safeguards are in place to ensure that Oldham Athletic FC do not become the next Bury FC?"

Mean to ask tomorrow but will have slept by then and might hopefully get caught in the excitement of an England World Cup Final triumph.

Thanks Andy - good luck to all at PTB, got my support fellas    

The Trust are working on this and our October review/November targets has been drafted. Just waiting for approval. But so far there is:

1) Clubs own Articles of Association register at Companies house. 11.4 states. "The directors should not have the power to authorise the discontinuance or disposal of the principal business of the company business as a professional football club without the consent of the of the shareholders of the class B ordinary shares." 

The Trust is the Class B shareholder

2) Football Supporters Association: The Trust are members and we have been working closely with them over the last few months. We had a Trust review with them of our entitlement and how we should be more robust with the club and work on our own contingency planning. The update covers the club.

3) EFL. Contingency planning As per our September update. The FSA are organising a meeting with them in November. Primarily to understand the lesson from Bury, what support the Trust can tap into with regards to the "worse case scenario". There is already a EWG suggestion if there is a supporters in situ at the club, how/what support they can access. We will be asking those questions at the meeting as well as what will happen with the "bond" the current owner paid for us if it does all go south.

We hope we can have a dialogue with the PTB people, just to ensure we are not stepping on each others toes,  or working on the same things and maybe share good practice. There should be no reason why this group or any other not exist if we are all pushing for the same aim.

Cheers

Ohhps sorry...edit forgot to add:

4)  Our Home: Landlord. Dialogue with regards to ACV. We know they want to sell and ideally, to people who want to keep BP as a stadium. The ACV has not been triggered. They could have not bothered to tell us what their proposed plan was and then only give us 6 month to do anything when triggered. They have not done this, they have kept us update

5) Our Home: FLG: want to engage with the Trust with regards to securing our home. There will be more details about this about December time the FLG reported.

6) Sharing good/bad practice: FSA have put us in contact with a number of supporters Trust to understand good/bad practice. We have already had discussions with Grimsby Town (good) and Charlton Athletic (not so good). On how they engaged with their CLub boards. 

1 hour ago, underdog said:

The Trust are working on this and our October review/November targets has been drafted. Just waiting for approval. But so far there is:

1) Clubs own Articles of Association register at Companies house. 11.4 states. "The directors should not have the power to authorise the discontinuance or disposal of the principal business of the company business as a professional football club without the consent of the of the shareholders of the class B ordinary shares." 

The Trust is the Class B shareholder

2) Football Supporters Association: The Trust are members and we have been working closely with them over the last few months. We had a Trust review with them of our entitlement and how we should be more robust with the club and work on our own contingency planning. The update covers the club.

3) EFL. Contingency planning As per our September update. The FSA are organising a meeting with them in November. Primarily to understand the lesson from Bury, what support the Trust can tap into with regards to the "worse case scenario". There is already a EWG suggestion if there is a supporters in situ at the club, how/what support they can access. We will be asking those questions at the meeting as well as what will happen with the "bond" the current owner paid for us if it does all go south.

We hope we can have a dialogue with the PTB people, just to ensure we are not stepping on each others toes,  or working on the same things and maybe share good practice. There should be no reason why this group or any other not exist if we are all pushing for the same aim.

Cheers

Ohhps sorry...edit forgot to add:

4)  Our Home: Landlord. Dialogue with regards to ACV. We know they want to sell and ideally, to people who want to keep BP as a stadium. The ACV has not been triggered. They could have not bothered to tell us what their proposed plan was and then only give us 6 month to do anything when triggered. They have not done this, they have kept us update

5) Our Home: FLG: want to engage with the Trust with regards to securing our home. There will be more details about this about December time.

6) Sharing good/bad practice: FSA have put us in contact with a number of supporters Trust to understand good/bad practice. We have already had discussions with Grimsby Town (good) and Charlton Athletic (not so good). On how they engaged with their CLub boards. 

Cheers Underdog - a lot to take in but at least I feel that there is recognition that the club are in a precarious position, not sure if many of our supporters appreciate just how precarious our position actually could be, needs a lot of managing to get fans up to speed?     

12 hours ago, unsworth blue said:

Cheers Underdog - a lot to take in but at least I feel that there is recognition that the club are in a precarious position, not sure if many of our supporters appreciate just how precarious our position actually could be, needs a lot of managing to get fans up to speed?     

Its stuff that is important and finding the time to prioritise, we are not up to full strength and, its exhausting to be honest.

We thought we could take our foot off the gas off "vigilant" watch and wanted to do lots more with fan engagement, fun stuff....its sad that it has not happened and our efforts are back focusing on three fronts. I effectionately call it...grenade juggling.

1) Club (tennent) and our legal entitlement and to effect change from within. 

2) landlord and our joint obligations with regards to the ACV. ITs approaching its 3rd year and we are already aware of the potential loss of Little wembly. 

3) FLG. How we intend to working with them to secure our home, BP. 

Crucially a foot in the door of all three which is critical at the moment as I hope you can appreciate. 

So...it means I am not on here as often in a Trust capacity and now, I am the only Trust person who does frequent this board. Subsequently, any questions I kindly ask if you could log them on the Trust website so they are not missed.

Cheers

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

On Radio Manchester now.

Darren from the trust also on.

Mutual recognition of each other’s roles but it’s self evident that the trust cannot do what PTB can. It’s hands are tied. A worthwhile cause and able to influence from within. Need not have opposing objectives (and don’t as far as I can see) but PTB is necessary to cover the ground which the trust cannot. 

On 10/31/2019 at 11:53 AM, PushTheBoundary said:

We've stated numerous times and in numerous places that it will be peaceful and non-violent so the steps taken would be within reason.

Good to see that the Mission Statement has been updated following feedback on here. 👍

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

I was driving up for the match so wasn’t tempted to watch. Weird game, just cannot  get excited about it🤔

same just cannot get the hysteria about lots of Nigels playing British Buldogs with a load of blokes called jan and hiding a leather egg weirdoes 

23 minutes ago, peanuts said:

same just cannot get the hysteria about lots of Nigels playing British Buldogs with a load of blokes called jan and hiding a leather egg weirdoes 

Fucking hell. I feel the opposite. It’s like watching a load of men vs a load of toddlers watching football. It has definitely contributed to be falling out of love with Latics. 

Rugby - mutual respect between players and ref. Ref explains his decision to players. Players respect that. Mutual understanding that it’s a contact sport. Someone gets twatted across the face. Carry on. 

Football- time-wasting, arguing with the ref, feigning injury, feigning being fouled, claiming for fouls that aren’t, trying to ‘get’ a foul or penalty rather than going for goal. 

Football today is nothing like the game I fell in love with.

And Latics today is nothing like the Latics I fell in love with. 

6 minutes ago, maddog said:

Fucking hell. I feel the opposite. It’s like watching a load of men vs a load of toddlers watching football. It has definitely contributed to be falling out of love with Latics. 

Rugby - mutual respect between players and ref. Ref explains his decision to players. Players respect that. Mutual understanding that it’s a contact sport. Someone gets twatted across the face. Carry on. 

Football- time-wasting, arguing with the ref, feigning injury, feigning being fouled, claiming for fouls that aren’t, trying to ‘get’ a foul or penalty rather than going for goal. 

But there is no skill in rugby like there can be in football

7 hours ago, maddog said:

Largely agree but unfortunately RU bores me to tears.

8 hours ago, maddog said:

After agreeing with all your post I still find myself thinking football is great and rugby is shit with no skill involved. 

9 hours ago, maddog said:

The ref has to explain his decisions because even the players don’t understand the laws of the game...

As for the respect aspect - the lawmakers in football could improve the whole game if they made a few simple changes.

Players given a moment to calm down. If they continue to argue then Issue a card that banishes a player to a sin bin for ten minutes. Referees discretion and any further disrespect a yellow card as well.

Stipulate that only the captain and player involved in an incident can speak to the referee.

Make every instance of holding and  shirt pulling an offence which,  if in the area, would lead to many more penalties until the players learned a lesson

Deem ‘taking the ball to the corner flag’ as ungentlemanly conduct

And finally, any player who performs more than a single roll when injured, feigning or not, should be booked for simulation.

sorted 😉

One aspect of RU that I've always liked is that the trainer/medic can come on to the pitch to treat an injured player while the game continues. If RU can do it with 15 a side, I'm sure football could give it a try. It would cut out feigning injury, would be pointless.

15 hours ago, maddog said:

Sums it up well. A thing to admire about Rugby Union is the players respect the officials. Doesn't make a dreadful sport worth watching. 

6 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

One aspect of RU that I've always liked is that the trainer/medic can come on to the pitch to treat an injured player while the game continues. If RU can do it with 15 a side, I'm sure football could give it a try. It would cut out feigning injury, would be pointless.

In Union the play very rarely moves 70 yards in a matter of seconds. Allowing physios to enter the pitch in football is not that practical. 

In Union play does stop if it is getting too close to a medic, but as Union is a lot more stop start than football that usually negates the need for play to stop for medical care. 

16 hours ago, maddog said:

No football club's medical staff have been in front of their regulator for giving a player an injury after the player faked it though... 

16 hours ago, maddog said:

mad dog i was in the unfortunate in going to a "Rugby" school and being the smallest person on my year found fairly quickly that i was to bevon the butt end of the legalised thuggery that came with it i learned one thing about Rugby and that was i hated it in fact loathed it .i can just about watch a game of league due to many friends playing  the game upto international level but union leaves me cold always has and always will .

2 hours ago, rudemedic said:

In Union the play very rarely moves 70 yards in a matter of seconds. Allowing physios to enter the pitch in football is not that practical. 

In Union play does stop if it is getting too close to a medic, but as Union is a lot more stop start than football that usually negates the need for play to stop for medical care. 

No football club's medical staff have been in front of their regulator for giving a player an injury after the player faked it though... 

Regularly, actually, especially when it becomes a kicking game. And there was an incident in the Final yesterday when England passed the ball over an injured SA player while he was on the ground getting attention. No reason why footballers can't do the same, especially when there are 8 fewer players on the pitch.

Contrast that with modern football: a player rolls around on the ground as though he's been shot. Sooner or later the opposition kick the ball out so he can get treatment. Play is stopped. Injured player has to leave the pitch, then wait to be allowed back on (utterly farcical). If that isn't stop-start I don't know what is. And now of course we have VAR to waste even more time.

3 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

Regularly, actually, especially when it becomes a kicking game. And there was an incident in the Final yesterday when England passed the ball over an injured SA player while he was on the ground getting attention. No reason why footballers can't do the same, especially when there are 8 fewer players on the pitch.

Contrast that with modern football: a player rolls around on the ground as though he's been shot. Sooner or later the opposition kick the ball out so he can get treatment. Play is stopped. Injured player has to leave the pitch, then wait to be allowed back on (utterly farcical). If that isn't stop-start I don't know what is. And now of course we have VAR to waste even more time.

Play≠ball. I was merely pointing out the reason supplied to me by a former club doctor who has provided medical cover at professional Rugby Union games too. But what would they know... 

On 11/1/2019 at 10:06 PM, Andy b said:

Step 1 - register your support via the website and put your name on the letter 

step 2 - fill in the survey 

step 3 (massively important) - get involved in the protest on 7th.

1 and 2 will have limited effect without 3!

http://pushtheboundary.co.uk/

If you have not registered yet and you believe in what PTB stands for, then click the above link and get it done. 

@Andy b how many have registered so far? 

9 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Play≠ball. I was merely pointing out the reason supplied to me by a former club doctor who has provided medical cover at professional Rugby Union games too. But what would they know... 

I would say in football the play is usually heading away from the scene of an injury (or in 9 out 10 instances the babyish reaction to the slightest of contacts) medics should be allowed on to the pitch with the 4th official’s acknowledgement and if he sees the play coming back to near the scene he can contact the ref via microphone to then stop play.

33 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

http://pushtheboundary.co.uk/

If you have not registered yet and you believe in what PTB stands for, then click the above link and get it done. 

@Andy b how many have registered so far? 

Andy isn't part of PTB. We have over 460 signed up so far, great response so far 👍

Archived