Trust update September review. October update

underdog

On 10/14/2019 at 1:02 PM, underdog said:

Dear all

Please find attached Trust update

https://trustoldham.co.uk/october-update/

Thanks

Underdog,

Any chance of the fan on the board (Darren?) requesting that the fans forum video is put back up? And if the club say no, why not?

I know of a few people who weren't able to watch it at the time and would like to...

12 hours ago, RobOAFC said:

Underdog,

Any chance of the fan on the board (Darren?) requesting that the fans forum video is put back up? And if the club say no, why not?

I know of a few people who weren't able to watch it at the time and would like to...

I've asked the Club directly without even so much as a reply.

You have got absolute no chance of this being uploaded again mate.

5 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

I've asked the Club directly without even so much as a reply.

You have got absolute no chance of this being uploaded again mate.

Thats why I didnt ask the club directly.  At least if Darren asks in person there is a reply.

14 hours ago, RobOAFC said:

Underdog,

Hi Rob

In the original draft I did put the link in it.

Before publishing it, Darren did ask if we were okay to put the link in and we were asked not to do so as the club had or about to, pull their own link to it.

We can ask why it is no longer in the public domain.

cheers

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2019 at 1:02 PM, underdog said:

Dear all

Please find attached Trust update

https://trustoldham.co.uk/october-update/

Thanks, 

Good morning Underdog. 

Are there any updates from latest Trust board meeting?

Particularly interested in the Trust's overview of the financial statements - both the full accounts to the latest published accounts on companies house which are abbreviated version only and any management accounts since.

I am very interested to see how the Club appear to have made a massive surplus on 2017/18 trading and also whether that trend is continuing in 2018/19 - maybe club will be solvent by end of this financial year?

Also interested in any updates on the Club paying Newcaru outstanding debt,  any updates from the Trust on ongoing issues between  club and OEC and this alleged purchase of shares.

I am still very concerned at the seeming lack of transparency from the club and the Open Forum gives me absolutely no assurance that the club is operating in a manner befitting of a professional football club in off the field activities.

I note that the recent government subcommittee - Digital Cultural media subcommittee or something like - discussing governance of football clubs in the light of the bury fc issue specifically named Oldham and Macclesfield as 2 clubs under scrutiny (presumably at risk of failure?), just want to make sure that as a fanbase we are kept aware of anything that may threaten our beloved club's existence

Cheers Underdog         

On 10/18/2019 at 9:51 AM, underdog said:

Hi Rob

In the original draft I did put the link in it.

Before publishing it, Darren did ask if we were okay to put the link in and we were asked not to do so as the club had or about to, pull their own link to it.

We can ask why it is no longer in the public domain.

cheers

Hi,

In addition to Unsworth's comments above, can you also update us on the above?

Thanks.

Apologies all. I am now the only Trust person who logs into this site and I am unable to find the time to do it on a daily basis anymore..hence why we ask all questions are logged on our main page so more of us can manage questions, and answer them in a more timely manner

I have drafted our October update. It needs approval by the rest of the team. Especially, that I have the right terminology....well i don't wanna get sued.

i will up date this site as soon as it is approved.

cheers

No problem Underdog

Can I just add one for the Trust - "What safeguards are there in place to stop OAFC becoming the next Bury FC?"

I will stress the importance of that answer to the PTB lads tomorrow as well

Vitally important from our supporters perspectives

Cheers     

12 hours ago, unsworth blue said:

No problem Underdog

Can I just add one for the Trust - "What safeguards are there in place to stop OAFC becoming the next Bury FC?"

I will stress the importance of that answer to the PTB lads tomorrow as well

Vitally important from our supporters perspectives

Cheers     

Hi unsworth. Copied over from your other posts

The Trust are working on this and our October review/November targets has been drafted. Just waiting for approval. But so far there is:

1) Clubs own Articles of Association register at Companies house. 11.4 states. "The directors should not have the power to authorise the discontinuance or disposal of the principal business of the company business as a professional football club without the consent of the of the shareholders of the class B ordinary shares." 

The Trust is the Class B shareholder

2) Football Supporters Association: The Trust are members and we have been working closely with them over the last few months. We had a Trust review with them of our entitlement and how we should be more robust with the club and work on our own contingency planning. The update covers the club.

3) EFL. Contingency planning As per our September update. The FSA are organising a meeting with them in November. Primarily to understand the lesson from Bury, what support the Trust can tap into with regards to the "worse case scenario". There is already a EWG suggestion if there is a supporters in situ at the club, how/what support they can access. We will be asking those questions at the meeting as well as what will happen with the "bond" the current owner paid for us if it does all go south.

We hope we can have a dialogue with the PTB people, just to ensure we are not stepping on each others toes,  or working on the same things and maybe share good practice. There should be no reason why this group or any other not exist if we are all pushing for the same aim.

Cheers

Ohhps sorry...edit forgot to add:

4)  Our Home: Landlord. Dialogue with regards to ACV. We know they want to sell and ideally, to people who want to keep BP as a stadium. The ACV has not been triggered. They could have not bothered to tell us what their proposed plan was and then only give us 6 month to do anything when triggered. They have not done this, they have kept us update

5) Our Home: FLG: want to engage with the Trust with regards to securing our home. There will be more details about this about December time.

6) Sharing good/bad practice: FSA have put us in contact with a number of supporters Trust to understand good/bad practice. We have already had discussions with Grimsby Town (good) and Charlton Athletic (not so good). On how they engaged with their CLub boards. 

Edited just now by underdog
Missed out points 4 and 5 and 6

Archived