What was it like when we were good?

Remember when we had access to 4 stands and all relatively full, Remember being knocked off my feet as a kid when the cops on horses just went rampaging down sheepfoot lane on matchdays, Remember when we had to queue to get into the ground, remember being excited two days before the game...

been a long 36 years as a fan...

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going down to Southampton on a Wednesday night for a League cup match , around 800 Oldham fans locked out as they weren't expecting us to bring that many , and Andy Ritchie's injury time equaliser to get em back to Boundary park .Followed by a six hour coach journey home , one hours sleep and back into work .

1 hour ago, fleetwood Blue said:

Remember when we had access to 4 stands and all relatively full, Remember being knocked off my feet as a kid when the cops on horses just went rampaging down sheepfoot lane on matchdays, Remember when we had to queue to get into the ground, remember being excited two days before the game...

been a long 36 years as a fan...

I remember being excited about a January transfer window. 

7 hours ago, latics22 said:

Feels along along time ago! For all his faults corney had good windows, baring the Robinson debacle 

whereas this shower in charge seem to be stuck on windows 3.1 .......

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2020 at 6:32 PM, Simpo said:

Watch the 1990 FA Cup Semi vs Man Utd, and the replay, as well as the League Cup final against Nottm Forest, in full here: https://footballia.net/teams/oldham-athletic-afc

There are also 17,098 other historical games to delve into on this monster site.

Fuck that why would anybody want to watch any of them?

The game that killed us, a spanking and a second place is the first loser?

Rather watch aguero score that fuckin winner 🤮 actually thats bollocks it's the same pain.

6 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

Fuck that why would anybody want to watch any of them?

The game that killed us, a spanking and a second place is the first loser?

Rather watch aguero score that fuckin winner 🤮 actually thats bollocks it's the same pain.

Are you getting the 1990 and 1994 semi-finals mixed up there?

It feels like each year for a long time it’s become exponentially shitter to be an Oldham fan. 

Apathy has properly set in with me in these last couple of seasons given all that’s gone on, but sat here listening to that with my 2 year old lad on my knee has reminded me what it’s all about. Creating special moments in time you’ll remember forever.

Archived