Northampton (H)

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've not conceded more than one at home since Crewe and a win tomorrow would leave us w3,d3, l3 at home (which is the makings of a decent home record) and them w3, d2, l4 away....

McCann (and dare I say it, Wheater?) improving game on game should see us remain pretty miserly.

Morais, Missilou & Wheater are all due a goal again so if one of them scores we should be good for the draw, if Azankpo or Wilson can chip in too we should win...

1 hour ago, unsworth blue said:

Will happily take any win Frankie - my 5-3 win was due to statistical sequencing of previous results v Northampton - would love that.

i would,  bit of goal fest the week before our trip up to gateshead , so if we dont get it hear hopefully treats us to a few goals next sunday ! I think we need to be patient on saturday but i do believe Northampton are there for the taking .. 

17 hours ago, BP1960 said:

He transported a 15yo into the first team, that's hardly slowly  slowly.

Yes, which is commendable, but he gave him the last 5 minutes not start with most of the youth team which is what you advocated !

I've no problem with the kids playing an bigger part in our team but they'd get slaughtered if wholesale changes were made which would benefit no one, especially the kids.

3 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Yes, which is commendable, but he gave him the last 5 minutes not start with most of the youth team which is what you advocated !

I've no problem with the kids playing an bigger part in our team but they'd get slaughtered if wholesale changes were made which would benefit no one, especially the kids.

Dino hinted Emmerson is being considered for tomorrow, likes him a lot.

I'd have no qualms starting McKinney, my impression is that lad has confidence in his ability to give the same performance in the first team as the youths.

I can see Williams making the bench too.

18 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Dino hinted Emmerson is being considered for tomorrow, likes him a lot.

I'd have no qualms starting McKinney, my impression is that lad has confidence in his ability to give the same performance in the first team as the youths.

I can see Williams making the bench too.

I'm all for the kids getting a chance. It's all about laying the foundations for future seasons. Give them game time now in a 'nothing season' where we don't have too much to lose (Don't think we'll go down provided we can stick to the same management for more than 7 weeks), get them bedded in, build from there. I'm with you on this ,BP.

5 minutes ago, ChrisRichard said:

I'm all for the kids getting a chance. It's all about laying the foundations for future seasons. Give them game time now in a 'nothing season' where we don't have too much to lose (Don't think we'll go down provided we can stick to the same management for more than 7 weeks), get them bedded in, build from there. I'm with you on this ,BP.

We shouldn't need to be playing 15/16 year olds...

3 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

A 15 year old isn’t going to be much use against a 30 odd year old centre half at this level I’m sorry. 

17-19 is the age you should be looking to introduce. 

Didn't do the youngsters at Dale any harm... some of them were as young and went on to do well.

14 minutes ago, ChrisRichard said:

But the issue is, we are in that position so needs must. Probably have more fire in their bellies than the deadwood do. 

You are talking about laying down the foundations for the future and this being a nothing season. Neither of those things apply to us as we are far from a stable club and there is a lot of work to done yet to secure league status.

3 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

You are talking about laying down the foundations for the future and this being a nothing season. Neither of those things apply to us as we are far from a stable club and there is a lot of work to done yet to secure league status.

I wonder if any of Leicester’s players are available? 

1 minute ago, LightDN123 said:

But what progression has it brought to Dale ? I want to see the club progress. 

Wouldn't you settle for stability in the short term?  Dale have made huge progression by their standards.  Pretty well established in a higher division than the one they spent around 40 years in.

3 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Wouldn't you settle for stability in the short term?  Dale have made huge progression by their standards.  Pretty well established in a higher division than the one they spent around 40 years in.

I just want to see us climb the table and compete. The answer to that isn’t 15 year olds and it’s not healthy in the environment we are in. You mention the club not being stable yourself, so why would you introduce 15 year olds ? Don’t get me wrong it was great to see and I was buzzing when he came on and the others in recent games. But this isn’t the environment to be doing it in imo. 

1 minute ago, LightDN123 said:

I just want to see us climb the table and compete. The answer to that isn’t 15 year olds and it’s not healthy in the environment we are in. You mention the club not being stable yourself, so why would you introduce 15 year olds ? Don’t get me wrong it was great to see and I was buzzing when he came on and the others in recent games. But this isn’t the environment to be doing it in imo. 

I'm not saying it is.  It's one of two things but possibly both.  A sign of desperation and/or a challenge to the sporting director.

Archived