Northampton (H)

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, bluehobbit said:

I dont know if your struggling to understand what i have posted which is entirely possible but i dont understand yours either 

Six attempts at goal in the second half, two of which resulted in goals.

29 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Absolutely bored stiff yet again watching that and left at 0 v 2. It really is a chore watching this shite week in week out. Such is my apathy that when I heard the final score, TBH, thought it pretty irrelevant. I can’t remember the last time I actually enjoyed a game at BP!!

If I was you, I would stop going.

Just now, Dick_Valentine said:

Heard something was going off in the Main Stand, I assume the antagonist was dispatched forthwith? 

No not if it was him. The stewards came over had a word and nothingelse was said he wasn't thrown out, infairness to the steward she acted calmly and professionally and probably only did it because she was told to. Their was a few other shouts directed at him and the sporting director when we went 2 down. They were probably the most relieved people in the ground when we pulled it back to 2-2.

3 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Was he good when he was here?
I seem to remember the vast majority calling for his head.

No but looking at our current options uptop he doesn't look so bad.

Bear in mind we are currently relying on a 15 year old to come on and change things upfront for us right now.

57 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Was he good when he was here?
I seem to remember the vast majority calling for his head.

The treatment of banks and o’grady was rather shameful. 

I get the criticism of banks but it was vile at times.

o’grady didnt deserve the shit he got. Good, hard working and intelligent player that added value in an otherwise average team. 

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

I actually thought we weren't that bad for large parts we played quite well. We just have nothing upfront Segbe is a trier but hes not good enough. We put the ball in the box plenty of times today he didn't get on the end of anything and he cant play with his back to goal and never wins a header. He isn't clever, quick or skillfull enough to make up for those other deficiencies.

I thought Smith Eagles and Morais tried to create things. McCann gives alot more assurance on the ball in the middle. We did have a fair amount of possession we just didnt have the penetration upfront. But I thought we worth a point.

Very similar thoughts, the experienced midfield trio mentioned above were certainly playing together, talking, trying to direct Des into the right positions i.e. stay up there Des ...

Clearly an awful start, we were caught cold, ball watching, the scorer had time and space to pick up the rebound from his own strike.

Had Northampton kept up the tempo, I fear it would have been over at half time.

While the midfield were busy, the lack of options up front is a constant issue, going wide is the only option for much of the time.

Jonny Smith deserves high praise again, admittedly I would also credit Chris Eagles and McCann for their influence.

Glad Scott Wilson is growing in confidence, looked a bit sharper today.

Last 10 minutes were hectic, shades of old times, Latics just going for goal...

At the risk of dogs abuse, I thought Maouche was very bright when he came on for his cameo. Provided a good attacking threat, helping to link play, still struggling with lack of forwards in good positions of course.

Dino said immediately after the match it didn't feel like a win, but having suffered for 80 minutes, the last 16 or so gave me reasons to be cheerful.

Please play 2 strikers Dino.

5 hours ago, doctor evil said:

No maouche, no goals, no surprise.

3 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

If you take the 'no' out you get a much better result.

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Maouche looked like he was trying to prove a point when he came on as well

Nice little cameo from our much maligned Number 10. 

5 minutes ago, Mayfield said:

Very similar thoughts, the experienced midfield trio mentioned above were certainly playing together, talking, trying to direct Des into the right positions i.e. stay up there Des ...

Clearly an awful start, we were caught cold, ball watching, the scorer had time and space to pick up the rebound from his own strike.

While the midfield were busy, the lack of options up front is a constant issue, going wide is the only option for much of the time.

Jonny Smith deserves high praise again, admittedly I would also credit Chris Eagles and McCann for their influence.

At the risk of dogs abuse, I thought Maouche was very bright when he came on for his cameo. Provided a good attacking threat, helping to link play, still struggling with lack of forwards in good positions of course.

Dino said immediately after the match it didn't feel like a win, but having suffered for 80 minutes, the last 16 or so gave me reasons to be cheerful.

You’ll get no abuse on that from me 😉

26 minutes ago, Andy b said:

The treatment of banks and o’grady was rather shameful. 

I get the criticism of banks but it was vile at times.

o’grady didnt deserve the shit he got. Good, hard working and intelligent player that added value in an otherwise average team. 

Agree about O'Grady. Banks was woeful. Up there with Iacovitti for shiteness

2 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Absolutely bored stiff yet again watching that and left at 0 v 2. It really is a chore watching this shite week in week out. Such is my apathy that when I heard the final score, TBH, thought it pretty irrelevant. I can’t remember the last time I actually enjoyed a game at BP!!

If you’d have stayed you might at least have enjoyed the ending! 🙄

18 minutes ago, Mayfield said:

Did he think we'd won?

25 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Did he think we'd won?

BBC Radio Manchester reporter asked Dino post match "... did that feel like a win?" 

Dour Dino said "no, it felt like a draw".

Correct Dino, forgive my momentary euphoria as we ended a game on a positive note.

I do appreciate Dino's candour and efforts to communicate with supporters, hope the club gives him appropriate support.

Pretty woeful performance until went 2-0 down, credit to the players for sticking at it and pulling over a fairly undeserved point - great finish by Wilson.

absolutely cock all to build on - 20th in league 2 after an ordinary result, players looked like playing off-the-cuff and no cohesion at all.

3 games unbeaten - 5 points to drag us to 20th in league 2 with no realistic prospect of immediate problem - enjoy your weekend

England get beat by South Africa & I saw 1 pissing magpie upon opening curtains & none thereafter....piss poor               

Was ok today. Deserved a point at least. Most of their possession was in their own half. But we had the problem of getting it around the box and then fluffing it. Eagles and Smith played ok but their final touch or passes weren't great. A few in north stand bood segbe off and I think that's an embarrassment. Every game he works his socks off and feels what we feel. Should never be bood off  missiliou quiet. Iacovitti integral to goals conceded again! Happy for wilson. Also MM came on and stuck his foot on the ball and controlled the last 10 mins. McCann just seems to have all the time in the world on  the ball. Not a great performance from the team but it was ok. Happy enough in the end. Northampton will be playoffs this year

25 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

Was ok today. Deserved a point at least. Most of their possession was in their own half. But we had the problem of getting it around the box and then fluffing it. Eagles and Smith played ok but their final touch or passes weren't great. A few in north stand bood segbe off and I think that's an embarrassment. Every game he works his socks off and feels what we feel. Should never be bood off  missiliou quiet. Iacovitti integral to goals conceded again! Happy for wilson. Also MM came on and stuck his foot on the ball and controlled the last 10 mins. McCann just seems to have all the time in the world on  the ball. Not a great performance from the team but it was ok. Happy enough in the end. Northampton will be playoffs this year

Deserved a point AT LEAST Chris.

two shots on target in whole game, cross shot from Smith - lucky point to be honest

Papering over the cracks, nothing to celebrate a home draw with NTFC      

18 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

two shots on target in whole game, cross shot from Smith - lucky point to be honest

I'm not talking about shots although there was 5 or 6 on target that were blocked. I'm talking about the game of football I watched today which involved more than just shots. They had the same number of chances, fewer attacks than us and really only got their chances from lazy marking/defending from us. It was a lucky goal, but how many times has that happened to us? I really wouldnt have been surprised if we had won it in the end. Like I said it was an ok performance and I'm happy with the progress recently. But it says a lot about people if they cant celebrate what was actually quite a good feeling in those last ten mins. Despite what's gone on in the club I'd celebrate a 1-0 win next saturday even though its expected against a lowly team. Because this is my club and I'll celebrate every goal. We are not a big club who has a divine right to be beating Northampton. I've supported Latics since the relegation year in the championship. And since then we have always been a small club getting the odd unexpected half decent season. But I'm still happy with every point

27 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

So you sat there glum faced and didn’t celebrate the second goal?

...or didn’t you go?

Archived