NEWPORT AWAY

URGENT MESSAGE

If you are over 50 years old and fancy going to Newport on Saturday......read on 
Book your train ticket through Transport for Wales - return trip is £29.....only thing is you have to book specific trains and they have to be Transport for Wales (plenty available)

I was seduced by half price travel, I must have temporarily lost my marbles anyway if any of you over 50s fancy a bit of a day out watching the Tangerine terribles……… feel free, get it booked before you think twice   

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

URGENT MESSAGE

If you are over 50 years old and fancy going to Newport on Saturday......read on 
Book your train ticket through Transport for Wales - return trip is £29.....only thing is you have to book specific trains and they have to be Transport for Wales (plenty available)

I was seduced by half price travel, I must have temporarily lost my marbles anyway if any of you over 50s fancy a bit of a day out watching the Tangerine terribles……… feel free, get it booked before you think twice   

That is amazing value, shouldn't have thought twice, but the thought of 3 hours travel each way to watch that shite put me off. 

5 minutes ago, disjointed said:

That is amazing value, shouldn't have thought twice, but the thought of 3 hours travel each way to watch that shite put me off. 

Valuable drinking time Disjointed lol 

I will be not far from disjointed upon arrival in South Wales    

6 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

Valuable drinking time Disjointed lol 

I will be not far from disjointed upon arrival in South Wales    

Fair play to you, my sabbatical has found me using my Saturdays differently than in recent seasons, can't say I'm missing it at the moment. 

47 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

URGENT MESSAGE

Sorry but your career in sales is over... 

Doesn't just apply to the over 50s either an adult return is £29. Booked via the Transport for Wales (TfW) App. 

Be warned though the trains are only a small step up from the bus on wheels Northern use. Plus they don't always have alcohol. 

Anyone getting a direct train from Manchester to Newport will do well to get a non TfW train. 

2 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Doesn't just apply to the over 50s either an adult return is £29. Booked via the Transport for Wales (TfW) App. 

Be warned though the trains are only a small step up from the bus on wheels Northern use. Plus they don't always have alcohol. 

Anyone getting a direct train from Manchester to Newport will do well to get a non TfW train. 

booked on it Rudemedic - will see on Saturday lol 

18 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Just had a quick look and it comes up £50+ in regards to this. Any chance you could send a link to adults tickets being £29?

Don't worry if not, not even sure why I'm contemplating it!

48 minutes ago, unsworthlatic said:

Just had a quick look and it comes up £50+ in regards to this. Any chance you could send a link to adults tickets being £29?

Don't worry if not, not even sure why I'm contemplating it!

You need to download the app rather than try to do it on the website, I think 

19 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Just had another look and it's one where the £29 only applies to those over 50. But it is hidden in the small print. 

Archived