Trust issues letter to club

underdog

15 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Good on all involved. 

Thanks Rudemedic.

We would have liked to have done the account bit sooner. We were aiming for Aug/Sept, but the delays were at our end not the Club's. The Trust team member was away in August and then returned with a broken foot so that put us back to October time. Those bloody Trust volunteers eh...

We are short on a comms person, so at the mo its me and I go through several drafts before we get it right. I tend to make a start and throw everything in and the others then makes sure it makes some sense and resembles the English language...hahah.

FSA have now been updated too

Truly shocking that the Club can treat its Supporters Trust with such contempt and yet still appear not to be able to produce the full accounts and explanations to assist The Trust as shareholders to understand the club's financial position. I look forward to hearing the Trust's response and also their plan of action on how to engage with this regime in future, should it consider that it wants to now.    

19 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

Truly shocking that the Club can treat its Supporters Trust with such contempt and yet still appear not to be able to produce the full accounts and explanations to assist The Trust as shareholders to understand the club's financial position. I look forward to hearing the Trust's response and also their plan of action on how to engage with this regime in future, should it consider that it wants to now.    

As I said on Twitter, I’d guess the letter has been produced in conjunction with the Supporters Direct / FSF, since the Trust have said a few times they’ve had conversations with them about the situation at the club. If it has, it’d be interested to know their thoughts on the club’s defensive response. 

9 hours ago, maddog said:

As I said on Twitter, I’d guess the letter has been produced in conjunction with the Supporters Direct / FSF, since the Trust have said a few times they’ve had conversations with them about the situation at the club. If it has, it’d be interested to know their thoughts on the club’s defensive response.

It’s hardly a defensive response - the statement attacks the Trust for what the club perceives to be factual inaccuracies and cites the ‘adversarial’ tone of the original letter and subsequent updates.

🤔 mmm whom to believe...

9 hours ago, maddog said:

Hi Maddog

We will be forwarding them the link.

The FSA have their own thoughts on the accounts submitted at Companies house. They want to effect change for all EFL clubs on a minimum standard by all. I believe they have us in mind for an example of.

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

It’s hardly a defensive response - the statement attacks the Trust for what the club perceives to be factual inaccuracies and cites the ‘adversarial’ tone of the original letter and subsequent updates.

🤔 mmm whom to believe...

Oh, ok. 

Archived