Salford (H)

7 minutes ago, archiecat said:

Even the Streaker managed to run the length of the pitch totally unchallenged.

What a fucking shambles of a club.,

It was a trial. Can he play left back?  

Turn of speed, evades challenges, saves us on outlay for kit. 

Beats Iacovitti for me. 

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeez...

That really was bad at the back. We started well probably our best for a long time pressing and getting into the last 3rd but as ever no real threat - and then down hill with the worst defensive display I have seen from latics in a good while. 

First goal a bit of sucker punch Maouche looking for a pen - rightly not given, ball forward number 28 who had a bit of pace and caused all kinds of grief held it up and Jervis had all the time in the world to find a shot. It looked a bit slow thought everyone near me thought Keeper should have done better. 

2nd now even sure how its possible but we loose the ball from Kick off and Wheater is on his own at the back - where was Egert? Egert  can go for me. He's like a bull in a china shop. Far too aggressive, always in danger of giving away a free kick away and is made of glass.  Good finish form the Salford lad. The 2nd is unforgivable 

We did have a bit of a go back at them and I think the handball against Maouche was a bit harsh when I think it was Smith put the ball in the net.

3rd again 28 causes us problems but no one shows any will to get back and help and in the end should Zeus do better with the cross?

4 a long way from where we sit but it looked like everyone stopped Zeus came miles and then went back towards goal leaving them an easy tap in.#

I can only assume Zeus was still smashed from xmas - that was one of the worst 'keeing performances I've seen for ages. He's been decent recently but that was truly awful

Fage another one robbing a living. If he's a full back then so am I. He's quick that's it. 

I'm no fan of Desire but he took his goal well and did mange to hold up the ball a couple of times. The rest 4 outof 10 - dross

Genuinely the worst latics team I have seen. One decent striker away? More like 10 players away. This league is abysmal and yet we got easily turned over by  team who were non league last year. 

That comment by the owners that this is a squad who could compete for promotion - the delusion, the sheer arrogance to come out with that statement just boggles my head. 

I walked out when they scored the 4th. I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of time’s I’ve walked out before the end. I’ve seen us beat Utd, City and Liverpool multiple times each and having worked in Salford for the past 9 years I am not watching us get done by 4 at home to Salford fucking City. 
living in the past? You betcha, it’s a damn sight better than the present and future. 

2 minutes ago, Canada_latic said:

Was any members of the regime there? If so, did anybody give them a piece of their mind on the way out?

I think they all were except Abdullah.

Its amazing to think though hearing the comments from people near me and leaving the ground that the great solution that we are all missing though is to play 2 upfront and then everything will be fine or we should sack the manager. Neither will make the remotest difference.

On a side note Dan Gardner was in the away directors box Id imagine he would have a good chuckle seeing that today.

Something like 60% possession 22 shots and we come away with one goal.

We were never really going to dent that defence, too lightweight, naïve, no inventiveness or real outright skill against a fairly simple physical outfit that just hit us on the break.

Our keeper really should have kept out two or three of their goals, terrible performance.

Too much space afforded to them on the left in the first half where I think all their goals came from.

26 minutes ago, True Tic said:

We were never really going to dent that defence, too lightweight, naïve, no inventiveness or real outright skill against a fairly simple physical outfit that just hit us on the break.

Our keeper really should have kept out two or three of their goals, terrible performance.

Too much space afforded to them on the left in the first half where I think all their goals came from.

spot on that, we looked ok in possession, up front though we remain toothless and this must be solved in January although it won’t make much difference really as we won’t go up with a successful new striker and we won’t go down without one! (great header though from Segbe). Defensively the goals conceded were poor, too much room, good finishes but at least two should have been saved. Chuck in a missed penalty and the score didn’t really reflect the performance. Look at the stats, weird. 

10 hours ago, JoeP said:

Slightly off topic.

E-tickets  - anyone know if they can be scanned at the turnstile straight from your phone, or do they have to be printed off? Wouldn't have thought the paper ticket would be necessary, but this is Latics..

They don't have to be printed off. Phone will do, in case anyone's environmentally-conscious..

38 minutes ago, True Tic said:

Spot on. 

1 hour ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Glad we agree. 

If the streaker is left-footed, then we're sorted.

Hes the only one who  showed any balls.

Brings back the away game at Hereford when we got  bollocked again think it was 5-0!!

41 minutes ago, alec_holland said:

nailed full stop, 55

As daft as it my sound to some, it’s absolutely accurate.

We will stay up because there is worse teams and not because we have performed welll.

Its absolutely disgusting what’s going on this season. And even more so that there’s deluded people thinking 6pts against absolute fodder thinking that’s reason to be cheerful. 

We are shit. Sooner you realise the better 

1 hour ago, True Tic said:

THIS:  Our keeper really should have kept out two or three of their goals, terrible performance.

As if he'd been caught napping more than a few times to say the very least of it.  Son just came in from spending a week at his Nan's and it was utter shit having to rehash it all for him.

2 minutes ago, alec_holland said:

THIS:  Our keeper really should have kept out two or three of their goals, terrible performance.

As if he'd been caught napping more than a few times to say the very least of it.  Son just came in from spending a week at his Nan's and it was utter shit having to rehash it all for him.

Was he at his Nan's because he's suspended after being sent off?  Oh, THAT son. Gotcha.

First time I’ve left a game early in 15+ years of watching Latics. Useless in defence, clueless up front. Doesn’t make for a good football team. It’s the end of December and we don’t know our best back four or attacking partnership. 

Completely embarrassing when a streaker can run the length of the pitch and flash his wedding veg at the away fans, and non of the stewards can be arsed.

Also, Salford fans singing “we are the Oldham haters”, bless them, hate’s a strong word when it’s the first competitive game between the two teams.

12 minutes ago, ShireBlue said:

First time I’ve left a game early in 15+ years of watching Latics. Useless in defence, clueless up front. Doesn’t make for a good football team. It’s the end of December and we don’t know our best back four or attacking partnership. 

Completely embarrassing when a streaker can run the length of the pitch and flash his wedding veg at the away fans, and non of the stewards can be arsed.

Also, Salford fans singing “we are the Oldham haters”, bless them, hate’s a strong word when it’s the first competitive game between the two teams.

Think  you will find a few Bury FC fans in that lot today....

A busy few days coming up on the treatment table:

Egert subbed off with a facial injury and concussion.

McCann subbed off holding his groin.

Mills dislocated shoulder, popped back in and he continued.

Wheater holding his thigh, he just about managed to limp through the last 10.

Stott out for eight weeks, hamstring.

Archived