Scunthorpe (H)

25 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

It might just kick the can down the road until the summer which is where all hell could break loose.

Even if its 500 people paying £300 0a time thats £150k that will pay the wages for a month.

Would we sell that many now though?

I can't find the article but IIRC Ronnie Moore was sacked due to poor season ticket sales because of the football (I'm sure we had only sold 100-200 season tickets). Something similar with Penney aswell? I'd say the current situation is worse than either of those.

I'd be surprised if we shift more than 200 at the minute if the current situation carries on (assuming prices being the early bird price that it was for this season).

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

He wasn't great, but there must be a very good reason he can't get a look in again when Iocavitti is such a disaster...

I snorted with laughter at that, inject  my veins with some positive news on the transfer front.

26 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Of course. I was making a joke about probable low sales. But even low sales would bring in £100-200k. Seriously worrying times if they need next year’s money now. Seriously worrying. 

Especially with the Edmundson instalment and League money coming in this month. 

24 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Anyone who buys a season ticket early is taking a risk, last season AL had the luxury of an FA Cup run and a significant player sale, this year there is fuck all in the pot.

I've decided not to renew for the first time due to the lack of entertaining  football and poor strikers. I cant relate to my team anymore .

May change my mind but depends on what happens.I would stay with Dino since he shows passion which is more than some of the players do.

Lots of things I dont like eg the way Scholes was treated,the getting rid of Peter Clarke,Shez leaving,poor strikers, seeing other similar clubs doing well etc.Poor fayre which had also reduced the number of away games I used to go to .

14 hours ago, RobOAFC said:

Would we sell that many now though?

I can't find the article but IIRC Ronnie Moore was sacked due to poor season ticket sales because of the football (I'm sure we had only sold 100-200 season tickets). Something similar with Penney aswell? I'd say the current situation is worse than either of those.

I'd be surprised if we shift more than 200 at the minute if the current situation carries on (assuming prices being the early bird price that it was for this season).

Probably not no, but you have got a group of people who are very loyal and stubborn who identify themselves as Oldham Athletic fans rain or shine so would stump up the money.

44 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I do the clubs existence could be under threat.

We’ve talked about this before. 

We’ve got a group ready to step in. Maybe other interested parties lurking in the background. If we went into admin it would one step back for two forward in the long run. We were once a proud club, and will be again in time. 

Season ticket holder for donkeys years, fan for 62 years. BUT. After 400 miles in 4 days to watch 2 absolute piles of shite, and being sickened to the core by the disaster that the club has become, i wouldn't buy a next years season ticket at any price. We could have gone to the wall by then. 

The product on the pitch is as dire as I can ever remember,  crowd figures are tumbling week on week, and the club is rotten from top to bottom. There is zero incentive for anyone to spend money on next season's tickets. The present regime have run the club into the ground and deserve nothing from the fans, but scorn.

By the time we play our next home game things could be substantially worse with 3 away games to face before then. I get the feeling that even dyed in the wool fans glean no enjoyment from games any more.

It's truly alarming how many fans we have lost in such a short space of time. And Lemsagam should be ashamed of our demise in the short time that he has been here. He has turned out to be a totally clueless embarrassment to all who love the club, and has turned us into a laughing stock. 

And it will be a long way back from where we are at the moment. But first we must somehow rid ourselves of his poisonous tenure. 

8 hours ago, League one forever said:

We’ve talked about this before. 

We’ve got a group ready to step in. Maybe other interested parties lurking in the background. If we went into admin it would one step back for two forward in the long run. We were once a proud club, and will be again in time. 

How do you see that transition going? Do you think Abdullah is just going to hand it over to the FLG? Its more likely to be taking 3-4 steps back first. Boltons new owners were waiting in the wings a good 8-9 months before they took over look at the damage Ken Anderson did in the meantime. Its a lousy choice we are having to make here which is likely administration possible relegation just to get rid of the current owner.

21 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

How do you see that transition going? Do you think Abdullah is just going to hand it over to the FLG? Its more likely to be taking 3-4 steps back first. Boltons new owners were waiting in the wings a good 8-9 months before they took over look at the damage Ken Anderson did in the meantime. Its a lousy choice we are having to make here which is likely administration possible relegation just to get rid of the current owner.

I never understood why people said "Anyone but Corney", especially when the motives of an Agent waiting in the wings was never going to be pure, but I think it's worth the risk doing whatever is necessary to get him out now. 

We might be fucked if he leaves, but we're definitely fucked if he stays..

8 hours ago, 100milesaway said:

Season ticket holder for donkeys years, fan for 62 years. BUT. After 400 miles in 4 days to watch 2 absolute piles of shite, and being sickened to the core by the disaster that the club has become, i wouldn't buy a next years season ticket at any price. 

....But first we must somehow rid ourselves of his poisonous tenure. 

I think you and I had a chat in a pub (Junction) before the start of the season. I wasn't renewing for the first time in years and you were surprised.

If I`m correct and you are who I think you are, then things must be exceedingly bad for someone of your loyalty not to want to renew. Not something I rejoice over at all but it seems even the most ardent have reached the logical conclusion now about our club.

Seems light years away from joyous mini-bus trips to Everton in the 80s doesn't it mate?

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Who or what funds administration? You might get 100k for Hamer...

Dunno. Who usually pays for it? Would it have to be AL? Or could the FLG?

Wouldn't AL putting one, quick amount into the club would surely be better than continuing to fund it in the way he claims..

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

No question it’s lousy a choice.  But when it’s put against what we’ve got currently I don’t even think it’s a debate. If it was admin Abdallah wouldn’t be part of any transition. The administrators run the club, and would deal with the FLG. Ken Anderson was shouting from sidelines with but no material effect on things. AL would be similar. I’ll take everyone to court/I’ve been cheated/I’ve put millions in. Etc etc. By then he can shout as loud as he wants because he’s outside the tent looking in. 

A scenario I’d like to see is, season ticket sales slump horribly. AL can’t fund it. Admin happens, they announce we haven’t got a pot to piss in. And new owners are needed ASAP. FLG and the mystery backers put a package together, and ask fans to back them up by buying season tickets. How many do you think we’d sel then? Personally I think people would come flocking back,  It could even break records. 

31 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Wouldn't AL putting one, quick amount into the club would surely be better than continuing to fund it in the way he claims..

Kowdog will know. He knows everything.

Think there is a bit more to it than just saying we are entering administration though.

48 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Nobody is obliged to and if nobody does then the administrator is obliged to liquidate the company. 

15 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Fuck me take it. What a fraud Hamer is, long throw in and that’s it. People won’t like this opinion but I’m sorry it’s true. 

He had his best game for a long long time at centre half with Wheater against Scunthorpe. Only him and Sylla came away with any credit in my eyes from the last 2 games. The other thing in Hamer's favour is he is still only 19. We have 5 years were the lad is a saleable asset so barring injury you would think he can only improve his game in that time.

21 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

Because I thought we might bounce back from the Salford game, I was stupid enough to chuck 10 quid at this. That has to be one of the worst 90= minutes of football I have ever seen above the Sunday League. Absolutely spineless, hopeless going forward, can't pass more than a yard, no spirit. And don't think Scunthorpe were any good either, because they just slightly less crap than Latics.

I'd normally be at Cheltenham as it's a fairly close to home game, but I'm buggered if I'm going to watch that.

Cheltenham is a 20 minute drive for me. While I was away over Xmas, my neighbour emailed to say he'd got me a ticket for the game.

I don't think I've ever looked forward to seeing us less. Clearly, I've done something to upset said neighbour in a big way, but I can't think what. The only thing I'm looking forward to is the beers before and after.

Archived