Scunthorpe (H)

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, nzlatic said:

“brilliant”

Azankpo does a good job of chasing after the ball. That’s about it. Look at how many times McCann is looking to slip it through to a striker, and how many times someone is actually making an intelligent run. 

Maouche turns this way and that and does the odd tidy pass. But more often than not turns in to trouble. 

They’re shit. Virtually the whole squad is shit. Except McCann, Mills and Smith (although he had a bad game). Wheater shouldn’t be shit but seems to be for some reason. 

Fair play for keeping a positive outlook but in my opinion I can’t see past us needing about 3 or 4 new players at least, and a new manager (he sells himself well but I’m not buying it) before we can think about getting promoted. 

Did u go to salford game? Maouche turn and turned in to trouble because support was non existent. Azankpo did everythin right. Kept the ball, nice passes, even won a few in the air. Had a good game. We need players everyone can see that. But doesn't mean you have to slag off players who are actually deserving of a place. 

3 hours ago, BP1960 said:

You are correct that when we lose the ball players around them switch off, they need to more alert of what is going on around them and cover any mistakes quickly.

A prime example was when Maouche did some great work around the opposition penalty area, but in the end lost the ball leading to a Salford goal.

If colleagues had been more aware that goal wouldnt have happened.

It's the part of this new age football that i cant stand. Everyone needs to be behind the play so they can take a backwards pass and try and play the hero through ball. That's why liverpool are doing so well because they arent sitting behind the ball. When they go forward they go forward as a team. Salford game, too many times we were only maouche and Azankpo advancing, yet only 2 at the back. And it's because the rest were all sat in the middle of the pitch waiting for the ball to get played back. Need to get players in and around the box. Like you said, maouche took 3 or 4 players on and ran in to another couple, and he had noone to play it to apart from Azankpo who was crowded by 4 defenders. It's a joke of a tactic

6 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

god knows whats happened there!.. i was ranting at you singe for your childish comment at me.. 

you can change any comment you quote, but stmik did nothing underhand, FIFY is the highlight in those circumstances!

3 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

It's the part of this new age football that i cant stand. Everyone needs to be behind the play so they can take a backwards pass and try and play the hero through ball. That's why liverpool are doing so well because they arent sitting behind the ball. When they go forward they go forward as a team. Salford game, too many times we were only maouche and Azankpo advancing, yet only 2 at the back. And it's because the rest were all sat in the middle of the pitch waiting for the ball to get played back. Need to get players in and around the box. Like you said, maouche took 3 or 4 players on and ran in to another couple, and he had noone to play it to apart from Azankpo who was crowded by 4 defenders. It's a joke of a tactic

Salford played direct against us and we couldnt cope.. I wish our movement was a lot quicker instead of all this Tippy Tappy football, dead easy to defend against.. just 2 banks of 4 sit in and watch the team with the ball struggling to find a way through and thats what we had first half,  Salford got the ball and got the ball very quickly and scored... its not rocket science , football is being over complicated today.. 

Main problem with our forwards is a lack of anticipation so any ball player has very few options to play the ball forward quickly.

Maouche likes to dwell on the ball far too long ( as does/did Branger ) so the only realistic chance of a quick pass forward is McCann, however alert our forwards are.

1 hour ago, Chris15Arm said:

Did u go to salford game? Maouche turn and turned in to trouble because support was non existent. Azankpo did everythin right. Kept the ball, nice passes, even won a few in the air. Had a good game. We need players everyone can see that. But doesn't mean you have to slag off players who are actually deserving of a place. 

Sorry,

But on every occasion Mouache lost the ball Smith was standing 4/5m away. Mouache doesnt like passing to Smith for some reason that's obvious ... and since he has started back in the side Smith has not scored or is it me seeing the wrong conclusion ?

1 hour ago, Frankies6 said:

Salford played direct against us and we couldnt cope.. I wish our movement was a lot quicker instead of all this Tippy Tappy football, dead easy to defend against.. just 2 banks of 4 sit in and watch the team with the ball struggling to find a way through and thats what we had first half,  Salford got the ball and got the ball very quickly and scored... its not rocket science , football is being over complicated today.. 

That high ball over the top killed us, with the size of wheater and movement of Mills, it really shouldn't have been an issue.

Let's get back on track tomorrow and put this one down to experience 

1 hour ago, Frankies6 said:

😂😂

Salford didn’t play Direct against us. You’ve literally just made that up. 

Their opening two goals- they played out to their left. The first - the lad cut in and scored. The second they played a nice one two and scored. The third was a nice passing move that eventually when out to their right hand side and a cross drifted to the back post which their lad buried. 
Going forward they played at pace with incisive passing and clinical finishing. We tried to do similar but lacked their quality going forward. I lost count of how many times we ran the channels and we just didn’t have the final ball or cross. 

The only difference was the quality of player. Not the tactics. If Dino had better players we’d be very good to watch IMO. 

42 minutes ago, League one forever said:

😂😂

Their opening two goals- they played out to their left. The first - the lad cut in and scored. The second they played a nice one two and scored. The third was a nice passing move that eventually when out to their right hand side and a cross drifted to the back post which their lad buried. 
Going forward they played at pace with incisive passing and clinical finishing. We tried to do similar but lacked their quality going forward. I lost count of how many times we ran the channels and we just didn’t have the final ball or cross. 

The only difference was the quality of player. Not the tactics. If Dino had better players we’d be very good to watch IMO. 

Of coarse they did,

40 minutes ago, League one forever said:

😂😂

Of course they played direct, the first two goals were the result of long balls from their own half, their 28 was looking to get on the end of them throughout the 1st half. I think you must have been watching a different game🤔

4 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Of course they played direct, the first two goals were the result of long balls from their own half, their 28 was looking to get on the end of them throughout the 1st half. I think you must have been watching a different game🤔

its one of the easiest way to counteract a team that tries to pass the ball into the net is by playing direct against them 

8 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

Of coarse they did,

Cool Story.

5 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Looks like it.

What is direct?

I can’t remember them having a big lump up front to hold onto it and bring others in to play. (Unless you’re talking about Rooney-😂) The only ‘long’ pass was their first which switched the play from one wing to another. The third came from a cross. The second from intricate build up play. They moved through the lines quicker, and played a better tempo going forward. You can’t do that if you’re continually playing long ball. Which they didn’t. 

6 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Cool Story.

Looks like it.

What is direct

Not necessarily long ball. I thought they were direct as in going directly at our goal. I’m sure any other team would do the same tho, as we just open up to allow them straight in on goal. Do Salford usually play direct ? I don’t know and I don’t care. Fuck Salford ! 

When one former Latics manager was asked why his goalkeeper always booted the ball on to the opposition's centre backs head he replied."Because there's a 50% chance he will head it straight back to one of ours".

53 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Not necessarily long ball. I thought they were direct as in going directly at our goal. I’m sure any other team would do the same tho, as we just open up to allow them straight in on goal. Do Salford usually play direct ? I don’t know and I don’t care. Fuck Salford ! 

😂

I was gonna ask their forward for his autograph and everything. 

Fair do’s on the first point. 

Archived