Squad movements, winter 2019/20

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

My Salford mate says he’s good. Especially in the air. Dangerous on corners. But then I told myself he’s being kept out of the team by Cameron Fucking Burgess !! Morning BP1960 🙄😇

If he does join he will also not be able to play on 25 Jan 🙁

Sell off Wheater and Hamer, bring in short-term loans or free agents.... does this sound like a long-term plan to you?

More proof Lemsagam is cutting losses and trying to exit.  Firesale will partly appease some debtors known to him before the inevitable happens and those debtors with no affinity to the clown will have to try and claw back via the lottery of administration.

Means the club is back in the position post-Moore albeit less debt and the FLG owning stadium & land... although not 100% certain how their motives will pan out subject whoever a “buyer” of the club will be.

6 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Went to Hyde United yesterday, two players who I mentioned on here months ago playing for FCUM were outstanding Luke Griffiths a centre mid who ran the game and Tunde Owalabi who bagged his 27th and 28th goals for the club in 28 starts, Rochdale are now looking at Tunde, he is FC's top earner on £600 a week and is better than any striker we have, plays upfront alone and has power, pace and relentless desire to do better, Griffiths on the other hand is technically brilliant, can play the ball long or short, looks after the ball and can also put his foot in, given our league position and resources these young hungry non league players would be the lads I would be targeting, I presume they live in the area, are earning less than a grand a week between them and probably would jump at the chance of league football.

Hyde on the other hand were shite and got hammered 5 - 1.

Can we not call them FC ffs?

I've seen Piergianni a few times and would be happy to see him join. Very good in the air and left footed, he'd probably be our biggest goal threat from corners.  

It would've been nice to see him next to Wheater as we need some experience and presence at the back, but it looks like that ship has sailed. 

4 hours ago, Fervid said:

Hamer to Blackpool is the next possible exit 

If the money we get for him lets us bring in a couple of experienced defenders, then I'd take it. The situation at the back is that dire. 

If however it's just going on some more defensive midfielders for the bench, then I'd rather keep him and make sure we aren't reliant on the likes of Sefil. 

5 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

If the money we get for him lets us bring in a couple of experienced defenders, then I'd take it. The situation at the back is that dire. 

If however it's just going on some more defensive midfielders for the bench, then I'd rather keep him and make sure we aren't reliant on the likes of Sefil. 

It’s as if we sign players first, then ask what position they play...

18 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Maamria said post match today that the signing yesterday of a CB had been delayed but should be completed by Monday. It’s more than likely Wheater’s replacement unless it’s an addition for injury prone Egert.

You missed out the rest of what he said at the time. He went on to say Wheater is the only CB we have. Tomas is injured.

Roy said in commentary that NcCann is out for some time. 

21 hours ago, OneSizeFitz said:

A lot of people underestimating Wheater's importance, I fear.

Few games of Egert and Iacovitti at centre-half should be enough to remind people, though... 

Eh? If he's not moved on he needs to be dropped.

An absolutely liability game in, game out now and seems to be getting worse.... 

Talk us through "his importance"......

8 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Talk us through "his importance"......

Bradford away with Sefil and Iacovitti and Fleetwood away with Hamer and Stott are good examples of his importance.

Even yesterday with his two mistakes for the goals he was our least worst defender.  Not that he was good but we'll be even worse if he leaves with the rest of our current defence.

Clarke was better without question, but we'll need an experienced defender to replace Wheater if he leaves.

13 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Even yesterday with his two mistakes for the goals he was our least worst defender. 

That's an incredible statement - he set their first up and created them something out of nothing for their second. 

None of our other defenders did anything so directly detrimental....

Goals change games and he did more to bring both of the first two about than anyone other than the lads who actually finished the chance he teed up for their first and the move he started out of nothing for their second .... 

20 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Even yesterday with his two mistakes for the goals he was our least worst defender.  Not that he was good but we'll be even worse if he leaves with the rest of our current defence.

OWTB gold  this little nugget. 

52 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

That's an incredible statement - he set their first up and created them something out of nothing for their second. 

None of our other defenders did anything so directly detrimental....

Goals change games and he did more to bring both of the first two about than anyone other than the lads who actually finished the chance he teed up for their first and the move he started out of nothing for their second .... 

Other defenders were directly culpable for the goals too in my view.  Wheater got turned way too easily for both the first and second goals and absolutely deserves his share of the blame, but competent defending after his mistakes could've prevented the goals too.  It's hard to stress just how shambolic the rest of the back four were during the match, but it really would've been worse without Wheater there despite him having such a bad game.  That's how shit things were.

51 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

OWTB gold  this little nugget. 

Thanks.  Your incessant nuggets about how much you hated David Dunn were just as laughable.

9 hours ago, latics22 said:

It's easy to point faults, but a half trying wheater is better than anyone else we can ever atttact

Its all pure speculation regards Wheater and Bolton, i just hope they watched his game against Cheltenham and been put of from pursuing him., then hopefully if we are bringing a new CB in today , let Wheater and new CB form a partnership  together. I will be fair to Wheater not had a decent partner at the side of him all season.. who knows 

9 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Despite all this he is still comfortably our best defender this season. The fact he is someone who could find another club this month is testament to that.

He certainly hasnt been our worse player, Our defense has been unsettled  over the season, would like to see wheater with a decent CB at the side of him.  Yes maybe he would like to return to Bolton and who would blame him ?..

The defence issue is a collective problem. Nobody is taking ownership they’re all ball watching. When the ball hits the net they’re all looking around wondering who to blame. Defensively the Salford and Scunthorpe games were piss poor but the Cheltenham debacle has taken it to a new level. It’s basic defending and all are culpable,. Something is amiss and IMO it’s either poor preparation/ coaching or they’ve stopped playing for Dino.

5 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

The defence issue is a collective problem. Nobody is taking ownership they’re all ball watching. When the ball hits the net they’re all looking around wondering who to blame. 

Maybe this is another reason we'd be better off without Wheater - for those who think literally gifting goals to the other team week in, week out is fine - the rest of them might take on a lot more responsibility if they're all of a similar standard/standing.

As a unit 3 young lads and/or lower league plodders looking to a seasoned campaigner who can't be arsed to lead, talk them through or set an example anymore really isn't working....

Archived