Squad movements, winter 2019/20

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The lad started all Salford’s earlier games this season and has been on the bench recently. Weather we like it or not Salford currently have better players than us and in good old Oldham social media style he had been written off before he’s even kicked a ball. 

5 minutes ago, Fervid said:

The lad started all Salford’s earlier games this season and has been on the bench recently. Weather we like it or not Salford currently have better players than us and in good old Oldham social media style he had been written off before he’s even kicked a ball. 

It’s more the fact Dino bangs on about building something, yet we are loaning players from Salford. If he is part of Dinos plans, buy him 

59 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

It’s more the fact Dino bangs on about building something, yet we are loaning players from Salford. If he is part of Dinos plans, buy him 

When was the last time that we bought anybody? Probably Fané and that was money well spent wasn’t it! 😩

Loan signings, free transfers and free agents are what we can go for, and that’s about it. 

11 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

This actually might be a decent signing and would finally be the partner that Wheater has needed all season. Shame it seems more likely that he is going to be his replacement.

+ he’s not a signing, just here until May to help us scrape to safety

i am really struggling to be interested in yet another set of players that won’t even play a full season for us

9 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

i am really struggling to be interested in yet another set of players that won’t even play a full season for us

Is Piergianni's contract up at the end of the season? If so I can see this being a move akin to Iacovitti's with Piergianni being made an offer at the end of the season. 

Incidentally anyone want to speculate the most common misspelling for Piergianni? 

2 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Thats the least of our worries right now we need players who are good enough and committed the majority of Lemsagams signings are neither.

Ive never really worried about us using the loan market it can get us success if you use it properly.

4 centre forwards  recommended to Latics from non league and u23 teams scored 8 goals between them this week.

Not too hopeful though of any movements.

Also recommended a fast mobile 23s left winger I've seen. 13 goals in 13 games this season. Not been on loan yet to any club.

3 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

This actually might be a decent signing and would finally be the partner that Wheater has needed all season. Shame it seems more likely that he is going to be his replacement.

Do we actually know if hes leaving, and yes he might turn out to be a decent signing.

6 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

Do we actually know if hes leaving, and yes he might turn out to be a decent signing.

He's very competitive, no frills, a Lockwood type centre back. Strong in the air he will score a few goals from corner kicks.

Just now, BP1960 said:

He's very competitive, no frills, a Lockwood type centre back. Strong in the air he will score a few goals from corner kicks.

Can we get odds on him being the season's leading scorer?

32 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Good luck to Piergianni and if the above is true then he'll be a useful signing.  Think it's definitely the type of player we need if Wheater is to leave, so if it means we can properly strengthen the rest of the squad with the wages saved from Wheater going then I'd be OK with it.

3 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Is Piergianni's contract up at the end of the season? If so I can see this being a move akin to Iacovitti's with Piergianni being made an offer at the end of the season. 

His Salford contract doesn't expire until 2021.

7 hours ago, BP1960 said:

138 career appearances 26 goals.. it's a good bet.

You could argue to start him upfront, compared to some we've had in recent years he's prolific.

Still class him as a clogger mind although he will probably improve us, as sad as that sounds.

23 hours ago, Fervid said:

The extract below is from the report on the official website of his interview... Freudian slip methinks 🤔 

Latics travel to Macclesfield for an important league fixture on Saturday, with Piergianni available and in contention to make his first team debut. The new signing cannot wait for his appearance in a Latics shit.

8 minutes ago, laticsrblue said:

As a defender I'm surprised Piergianni 's scored so many, according to the official he's only 6ft.  However with his knack of goal scoring he will be a useful player to push up-front for the last 5-10 mins when we're trailing. 

Dino doesn't even push strikers up front when we are losing nevermind defenders

Archived