Squad movements, winter 2019/20

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, welshgaz said:

Why would people complain about the signing of Hanson or someone of his ilk? We have been asking for that all season. He is a cart horse, but in my opinion thats exactly what we need in our current predicament in the league.

Aka Ian Ormondroyd get him signed up 

43 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Ok, just passing on info.

As well as Hanson/Burnley lad, we're also in for Dieseruvwe from Salford.

No, only worth £45,000 on the transfermarkt website, Vera is £305, 000 😁

9 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Hanson. Suits Parkinson style route 1 football only.

I wouldn’t mind seeing a bit of route 1 instead of all the pointless passing that gets us absolutely nowhere except eventually putting our own players under pressure because of either a poor pass or poor close control. Get a big target man, get the ball in the box quicker and more often and you never know we might just score a few goals. We can’t be any less threatening than we are with the current style! COYB ⚽⚽

1 minute ago, Gary1906 said:

I wouldn’t mind seeing a bit of route 1 instead of all the pointless passing that gets us absolutely nowhere except eventually putting our own players under pressure because of either a poor pass or poor close control. Get a big target man, get the ball in the box quicker and more often and you never know we might just score a few goals. We can’t be any less threatening than we are with the current style! COYB ⚽⚽

I'm with you brother.

53 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

Me neither. If it works it works. 

1 hour ago, Gary1906 said:

It can't be working that well for Grimsby if they are prepared to get rid of him or if he hasn't scored since September.

We have signed some young players with great potential with longer contracts to enable us to hold on to them when they prove themselves. This is an investment in the future. We have also decided to reduce our reliance on loan players as they aren’t a long-term solution.

3 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

We have signed some young players with great potential with longer contracts to enable us to hold on to them when they prove themselves. This is an investment in the future. We have also decided to reduce our reliance on loan players as they aren’t a long-term solution.

Those were the words used at the start of the season weren't they?

19 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

It can't be working that well for Grimsby if they are prepared to get rid of him or if he hasn't scored since September.

Doesn’t have to be Hanson, but I think we’d benefit from having a big guy up front who could win headers and hold the ball up for the smaller, nippier strikers.

i don’t know about you but I don’t think the system that we currently play with one or two relatively small guys up front is working for us at all. 

21 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

The problem is that this squad are the ones who are getting us into trouble because they aren't good enough generally.

This polishing the young gems thing with a view to moving them along for a decent fee isn't coming into fruition.

We therefore need the loans/cloggers to pull us out of the mess we find ourselves in.

Archived