108 members have voted

1. 1. Are you boycott the Carlisle match 18/01/20

2. 2. If boycotting will you

• Attend Avro game
    • Attend another game
    • Not attend any game
    • N/A attending Latics game

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/18/2020 at 02:45 PM

7 minutes ago, losesome said:

No and that's exactly the point I'm  making.

I know little of PTB's stuff and even less on where to find it????

That's part of the problem with us happy clappers,  we're not tech savvy.

Found your way on here easily enough...

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, losesome said:

There are dozens of links on here. They can't force feed it

13 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

And your a typical happy sarcy.

If you want support for your actions then be more pro active to the happy clappers. 

Don't expect people to come to you if you want change,  

2 minutes ago, losesome said:

If you want support for your actions then be more pro active to the happy clappers. 

I don't buy the oft touted idea that there are loads of fans out there with no clue of what is going on.

Even if you don't use social media you must hear the talk in the pubs, in the stands, see what is happening on the pitch.

14 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I don't buy the oft touted idea that there are loads of fans out there with no clue of what is going on.

Even if you don't use social media you must hear the talk in the pubs, in the stands, see what is happening on the pitch.

And that's exactly why the actions taken so far gave been so successful !!!!!!!

1 hour ago, losesome said:

Problem is with latics fans at the moment is they can protest all they won't but AL isn't interested and just dismisses these type of spontaneous actions with utter contempt.

The biggest problem though is that there is no credible alternative put forward.

I know little about FLG or PTB which in itself is testament that they lack any structure and little clarity on what they want to achieve and how the club should be run in the future. All they seem to promote is AL out , then what!!!!

The whole thing needs proper structure with some financial backing from serious investors to even begin for a meaningful campaign to get going.

As for the constant slagging off the so called happy clappers in the main stand , yeah I'm probably one, we don't support the boycotts etc because most probably they don't know about it. To us the FLG or PTB are a group of a few athleticos who organise these things after a night out on the lash.  Probably wrong I know but that's the impression given out.

For instance,  if having a boycott for the Carlisle match then you should have some leaflets printed explaining how the boycott would work , what impact it hopes to achieve and what's next etc etc. These could have been handed out at the last 2 home games to achieve maximum impact.

At the moment it appears that any protests are organised on a whim via social media hence the attitude of the ckub towards it.

I would suspect the happy clappers attitude to these groups is the same as yours towards the happy clappers. 

If you want to make a serious impact to AL's ownership then start by getting every fan on board to what you want to achieve.

PTB are simply a pressure group. 

FLG have no means or desire to own the club.  They just want to create a model for other fans to buy the stadium and car park, where individual shares will be “affordable” and no one person can own more than 10%.  They aim to launch this in February with the help of Blitz. 

Pretty sure that’s all there is to it? 

(You are right about social media too. The problem with people on social media is they think everyone uses it and it reflects popular opinion... when in reality the minority use it and by the nature of how it works seems to endorse your world view, regardless of popularity) 

46 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Have you actually read PTBs stuff?

36 minutes ago, losesome said:

28 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Despite Brexit, Trump, 2 Tory Election wins and only 700 people signing up to PTB Eyresy still won't have it that not everybody spends as much time on here and Twitter as me, him and others do....

17 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

See.... 😂

1 hour ago, losesome said:

Problem is with latics fans at the moment is they can protest all they won't but AL isn't interested and just dismisses these type of spontaneous actions with utter contempt.

The biggest problem though is that there is no credible alternative put forward.

I know little about FLG or PTB which in itself is testament that they lack any structure and little clarity on what they want to achieve and how the club should be run in the future. All they seem to promote is AL out , then what!!!!

The whole thing needs proper structure with some financial backing from serious investors to even begin for a meaningful campaign to get going.

As for the constant slagging off the so called happy clappers in the main stand , yeah I'm probably one, we don't support the boycotts etc because most probably they don't know about it. To us the FLG or PTB are a group of a few athleticos who organise these things after a night out on the lash.  Probably wrong I know but that's the impression given out.

For instance,  if having a boycott for the Carlisle match then you should have some leaflets printed explaining how the boycott would work , what impact it hopes to achieve and what's next etc etc. These could have been handed out at the last 2 home games to achieve maximum impact.

At the moment it appears that any protests are organised on a whim via social media hence the attitude of the ckub towards it.

I would suspect the happy clappers attitude to these groups is the same as yours towards the happy clappers. 

If you want to make a serious impact to AL's ownership then start by getting every fan on board to what you want to achieve.

Ok boomer.

Look,

I've been a S/T holder for 40 years and probably classed as a so called happy clapper.

I no more like AL in charge as anybody else and would love to see him gone.

Most of the happy clappers I know are of similar mind.

However,  whenever I view these fans sites I see a lot of slagging towards the HCs who you think are all supporting AL & his regime.

Also I notice there was a Q & A last night with AL and all I have read about is his comments about the squad valuation. 

Then i think to myself what kind of questions were being asked for God's sake !!!!!!

To a HC its all different groups with similar interests but no co-ordination and ad hoc "let's have a boycott "

Just my perception of what's going on outside BP and why HC's will remain so unless a more purposely co-ordinated campaign is started.

Why dont we all go to support the Academy team v Tranmere Rovers at Chapel Road (11.00 ko)

We would be supporting our club but not the regime 

Our youngsters have done nothing wrong have they and how good would it make them feel with a few hundred Latics fans turning up  ⚽💙

2 hours ago, losesome said:

Look,

I've been a S/T holder for 40 years and probably classed as a so called happy clapper.

I no more like AL in charge as anybody else and would love to see him gone.

Most of the happy clappers I know are of similar mind.

However,  whenever I view these fans sites I see a lot of slagging towards the HCs who you think are all supporting AL & his regime.

Also I notice there was a Q & A last night with AL and all I have read about is his comments about the squad valuation. 

Then i think to myself what kind of questions were being asked for God's sake !!!!!!

To a HC its all different groups with similar interests but no co-ordination and ad hoc "let's have a boycott "

Just my perception of what's going on outside BP and why HC's will remain so unless a more purposely co-ordinated campaign is started.

So it's the fans fault for asking the wrong questions, not the owners lack of transparency? Bizarre.

Darren from the Trust doubled down on it and said they used transfermarkt for compensation. I despair of our Board of Directors. Their credibility is non existent.

As someone said either they are idiots or think the fans are.

Anyway here are the questions and answers summarised from tweets from both Q&A's. I think you'll find the questions were by and large legitimate and sensible reflecting current concerns. Except the one who wanted to bin Mouldy Old Dough.
Mon Blitz Q&A

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1214283436107714560.html

Tues Lemsagem Q&A
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1214622695134040064.html

3 hours ago, deyres42 said:

I've not been in months (not boycotting, just not been), so wouldn't have seen what's been happening on the pitch or heard talk in the stands. I don't go in Oldham pubs, if it wasn't for my social media presence I'd have little idea what's going on. Especially as I don't live in Oldham. 

There will be some Oldham fans who don't know what is going on and perhaps just think we are having a bad season. I'd guess most of these fans were alive the last time the club was in the then Division 4. 

If enough fans boycott then the publicity will increase, but that may depend on how the club announce attendances as they are allowed to include ticket holders who don't attend. If the club do that then it may be worth submitting an Freedom of Information request to GMP. As GMP usually get an actual attendance figure. This may give the boycott even more publicity especially if it's circulated amongst journos. 

Update- May not work as the free tickets for schools is doing the rounds. 

3 hours ago, kowenicki said:

PTB are simply a pressure group. 

FLG have no means or desire to own the club.  They just want to create a model for other fans to buy the stadium and car park, where individual shares will be “affordable” and no one person can own more than 10%.  They aim to launch this in February with the help of Blitz. 

Pretty sure that’s all there is to it? 

(You are right about social media too. The problem with people on social media is they think everyone uses it and it reflects popular opinion... when in reality the minority use it and by the nature of how it works seems to endorse your world view, regardless of popularity) 

What’s the end target with the FLG all very well buying the stand etc but not much use without a team to watch in it if AL should pull the plug.

2 minutes ago, yarddogs said:

What’s the end target with the FLG all very well buying the stand etc but not much use without a team to watch in it if AL should pull the plug.

The end goal seems to be that the stand and land are owned by people with the club at heart and not run by an absentee landlord who has no interest.
Remember the owner had the chance to buy but refused saying the valuation was too and seems to have backed himself into a corner so he cannot negotiate further on that, and then chucked his toys out of the pram/refused to be brow beaten whichever is your point of view.But he could have got it all under one company again if he wanted to/had the funds. Delete as appropriate.

6 hours ago, losesome said:

With the greatest respect, OWTB Page #ReclaimTheFaith has everything you need with links to the website which you can just click on (nothing tech savvy required) I genuinely dont accept that it hasn’t been made available to you considering you use these forums. Not only has it been made available online it has been in the Oldham Times. 

4 hours ago, adamoafc said:

With the greatest respect, OWTB Page #ReclaimTheFaith has everything you need with links to the website which you can just click on (nothing tech savvy required) I genuinely dont accept that it hasn’t been made available to you considering you use these forums. Not only has it been made available online it has been in the Oldham Times. 

Yeah yeah but what about those thousands of Oldham fans with no phone, TV, radio who walk around with their eyes and ears closed?

9 hours ago, rudemedic said:

I've not been in months (not boycotting, just not been), so wouldn't have seen what's been happening on the pitch or heard talk in the stands. I don't go in Oldham pubs, if it wasn't for my social media presence I'd have little idea what's going on. Especially as I don't live in Oldham. 

There will be some Oldham fans who don't know what is going on and perhaps just think we are having a bad season. I'd guess most of these fans were alive the last time the club was in the then Division 4. 

If enough fans boycott then the publicity will increase, but that may depend on how the club announce attendances as they are allowed to include ticket holders who don't attend. If the club do that then it may be worth submitting an Freedom of Information request to GMP. As GMP usually get an actual attendance figure. This may give the boycott even more publicity especially if it's circulated amongst journos. 

Update- May not work as the free tickets for schools is doing the rounds. 

And they’ve never done that before?? What’s your point?

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

It ain't their team anymore Gary, if they can't see that then they are idiots.

Disagree. And calling people idiots because they have a different opinion and still want to go and support the team comes across as a bit childish.

Each to their own. COYB ⚽

28 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

And they’ve never done that before?? What’s your point?

They only do it for the poorly attended games to boost the attendance maybe? 

And Carlisle wouldn't normally fall into  the poorest attendance matches.

Do you think something is afoot?

Archived