108 members have voted

1. 1. Are you boycott the Carlisle match 18/01/20

2. 2. If boycotting will you

• Attend Avro game
    • Attend another game
    • Not attend any game
    • N/A attending Latics game

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/18/2020 at 02:45 PM

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, singe said:

They only do it for the poorly attended games to boost the attendance maybe? 

And Carlisle wouldn't normally fall into  the poorest attendance matches.

Do you think something is afoot?

Wasn’t it £1 admission for the Carlisle game a few seasons ago. I seem to remember Gerry Taggart punching one of their players on the touchline. 

18 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

Wasn’t it £1 admission for the Carlisle game a few seasons ago. I seem to remember Gerry Taggart punching on of their players on the touchline. 

Yes, to combat low crowds and supporter disatisfaction wasn't it?

22 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

Not a new thing then?

Where you going with this one then? You saying everything is okay and the club would of offered hundreds of tickets out at a time if they didn't have to? They cant keep giving tickets away its unsustainable, particularly when the product is so piss poor.

I know a couple of lapsed fans who took advantage of free tickets recently who said they wouldn't go again if the club paid them, left before the end as the team was an embarrassment, now if they want to get some use out of these freebies they need to offer something tangible on the pitch not a group of donkies out of their depth, its shortsighted  at best, attempting to fudge figures with complimenteries when the product they are selling isn't good enough.

39 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

Remind me which league Avro are in. 😂

Maybe you should give it a try instead of scoffing Gary. Low entry cost, you supporting a community club, are able to watch the game and have a pint at the same time and the games are often very entertaining. 

It's all relative remember, non league for us will be a disaster, it doesn't mean that the North West Counties isn't an enjoyable afternoon out.

11 hours ago, singe said:

So it's the fans fault for asking the wrong questions, not the owners lack of transparency? Bizarre.

Darren from the Trust doubled down on it and said they used transfermarkt for compensation. I despair of our Board of Directors. Their credibility is non existent.

As someone said either they are idiots or think the fans are.

Anyway here are the questions and answers summarised from tweets from both Q&A's. I think you'll find the questions were by and large legitimate and sensible reflecting current concerns. Except the one who wanted to bin Mouldy Old Dough.
Mon Blitz Q&A

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1214283436107714560.html

Tues Lemsagem Q&A
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1214622695134040064.html

Thanks for the info. 

This is exactly what I'm going on about though. If I hadn't have posted on here I wouldn't have seen these Q & A. 

I don't want to criticise other fans I'm just making a point about communication. 

Not everyone is on social media or log into fans forums etc.

If the people that run these things want more fans support then communications need to be expanded. 

7 minutes ago, losesome said:

Thanks for the info. 

This is exactly what I'm going on about though. If I hadn't have posted on here I wouldn't have seen these Q & A. 

I don't want to criticise other fans I'm just making a point about communication. 

If the people that run these things want more fans support then communications need to be expanded. 

PTB have now done one for the Blitz Q&A and are doing the same for the owners one. In very quick time. 

If you want communication and information follow then is the best bet at the moment. 

http://pushtheboundary.co.uk/blitz-q-a

It's not unreasonable to expect more from the club with it's paid professionals than the volunteers and fans IMHO. 

15 minutes ago, losesome said:

Thanks for the info. 

Donate £10k to the cause and we can send a letter to every home in Oldham

15 minutes ago, losesome said:

Thanks for the info. 

If you are not on social media/forums, looking at the papers etc then you're probably not that bothered by what is going on anyway...

5 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

If you are not on social media/forums, looking at the papers etc then you're probably not that bothered by what is going on anyway...

Not entirely true, my dad follows none of the above but would still take an interest, word of mouth is important and therefore it is vital to spread the word.

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

Not entirely true, my dad follows none of the above but would still take an interest, word of mouth is important and therefore it is vital to spread the word.

What else they supposed to do though, go round doorknocking? Can't believe there are vast swathes of supporters turning up for games oblivious to what is going on.

Just now, deyres42 said:

What else they supposed to do though, go round doorknocking? Can't believe there are vast swathes of supporters turning up for games oblivious to what is going on.

They can do no more but equally someone isnt an eejit for not keeping abreast on social media, whilst most will understand the point your trying to make your going about it the wrong way.

1 hour ago, Haribo_man said:

Maybe you should give it a try instead of scoffing Gary. Low entry cost, you supporting a community club, are able to watch the game and have a pint at the same time and the games are often very entertaining. 

It's all relative remember, non league for us will be a disaster, it doesn't mean that the North West Counties isn't an enjoyable afternoon out.

I’m not knocking non-league at all. I’m sure there are entertaining games there. It’s just that while there is still football - at any level - being played at Boundary Park then that’s where I’ll be going. I’m a Latics supporter, I have no interest in watching any other team, whether it’s City at the Etihad or Avro at Whitebank. That’s where I am with it.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Where you going with this one then? You saying everything is okay and the club would of offered hundreds of tickets out at a time if they didn't have to? They cant keep giving tickets away its unsustainable, particularly when the product is so piss poor.

I know a couple of lapsed fans who took advantage of free tickets recently who said they wouldn't go again if the club paid them, left before the end as the team was an embarrassment, now if they want to get some use out of these freebies they need to offer something tangible on the pitch not a group of donkies out of their depth, its shortsighted  at best, attempting to fudge figures with complimenteries when the product they are selling isn't good enough.

At the end of the day it’s each individuals personal choice. I’ve decided to keep going, you may have decided not to. 

6 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

I’m not knocking non-league at all. I’m sure there are entertaining games there. It’s just that while there is still football - at any level - being played at Boundary Park then that’s where I’ll be going. I’m a Latics supporter, I have no interest in watching any other team, whether it’s City at the Etihad or Avro at Whitebank. That’s where I am with it.

Which is absolutely fair enough but perhaps not quite how your response came across. 

9 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Handing out PTB fliers outside or inside the home sections of the ground on match days would be a good way of promoting the cause and keeping people in the loop of what’s going on.

There’s a cost to that beyond the setting up of a website.

Archived