Dieseruvwe on loan ?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glen Keeley went up front as an emergency centre forward , after a less than successful move as captain I think to our club. 

He scored 2 goals in a league cup tie (against Leeds ????).

It was on Sportsnight , me and my mates watched the recording over and over again in disbelief.

Mind it was better than his legendary loan period  at Everton.

39 minutes ago, stargazer said:

Glen Keeley went up front as an emergency centre forward , after a less than successful move as captain I think to our club. 

He scored 2 goals in a league cup tie (against Leeds ????).

It was on Sportsnight , me and my mates watched the recording over and over again in disbelief.

Mind it was better than his legendary loan period  at Everton.

Glenn's best days were at Rovers and he no longer plays as he's 65 😲

1 hour ago, Frankies6 said:

we had a CB called Glenn Keeley 11 games from blackburn 1987-88 

His best game for Latics though was upfront against Leeds United in the league cup at home - won 4-2. He actually scored a tidy goal and led the line very effectively. Just as well he was good upfront as he was pretty ropey at the back for us, much better for Blackburn   

1 minute ago, unsworth blue said:

His best game for Latics though was upfront against Leeds United in the league cup at home - won 4-2. He actually scored a tidy goal and led the line very effectively. Just as well he was good upfront as he was pretty ropey at the back for us, much better for Blackburn   

Yep, he scored in the  Chaddy End.

3 hours ago, BP1960 said:

https://www.pronouncekiwi.com/Emmanuel Dieseruvwe

Think Roy is going to struggle with this one,.

To make it simpler we have Dieser and Desire up front. 😁

Looks a bit fishy that - Dieser being an anagram of Desire - will we ever see them in the same team together? Or indeed the same room?

2 minutes ago, SAV said:

When he scores a penalty in the first minute at Macclesfield, you will all change your tune........🤔

Will definitely want him gone then SAV. Vera nearly missed as well but what a debut - 12 seconds and goal. Rest of career at OAFC was dire mind lol  

So we can call him Mani - that is a relief.

There are two ways of looking at these loans from Salford:

1.  Scholes is getting his own back on Marco.

2.  These players are being moved out on loan to make space for the signings Salford are going to make in January which will have us all jealous.

I prefer the second as that means they might do a job for us.  Come on Mani and Carl.

2 hours ago, No Pyro No Party said:

For a CF he doesn't seem to have found the net much over the past few years. Who knows though; we need some height/physicality upfront as Segbé falls short (didn't intend the pun but I'll take it). Good luck to him.

I don't understand why people are so shocked we aren't signing big-name, routine goalscorers. What do you expect? We're 20th, the Lemon brothers are still running the circus, our reputation (in terms of being a player wanting to sign) is terrible. 

Im not expecting a big name routine goalscorer just someone abit better than Azankpo and Wilson which should be achievable. This guys record is worse.

29 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

Still an upgrade on akpa akpro 😂

I'd be an upgrade on Akpa Akpro, and I used to be a goalkeeper and I'm now 75 yrs old.

59 minutes ago, Agnus UK said:

Amateur hour. Folks on here going to get properly wound up when they find out this lad doesn’t jump for headers.

We had one of them with Vera. 6'2" stood up and 5'10" when he jumped. Can't happen again, can it? Hmmm.

Archived