Carlisle

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Our players will get used to Rowe and finding him. Today he was always taking a step back from the defenders and waiting on the edge of the box.

Or perhaps Rowe will get used to receiving fuck all support. 

51 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Our players will get used to Rowe and finding him. Today he was always taking a step back from the defenders and waiting on the edge of the box.

Think it's going to be about us playing to his strengths which is give him the ball in space around the box, didn't really happen. When both Wilson and Dearnley came on he was told or chose to drop deep to look for the ball in midfield when we didn't have it, not the quickest lad so if he won and played it out the chances of him then being in the box on the end of it were slim.

1 hour ago, Mayfield said:

Maouche typically good in possession but too often running around in wide areas or playing sweeper, not through the middle.

He was played on the left of midfield today. Some of his play today was sublime and he is by far the most technically gifted player we’ve got. My MotM.

14 minutes ago, inspectormorose said:

Think it's going to be about us playing to his strengths which is give him the ball in space around the box, didn't really happen. When both Wilson and Dearnley came on he was told or chose to drop deep to look for the ball in midfield when we didn't have it, not the quickest lad so if he won and played it out the chances of him then being in the box on the end of it were slim.

This...I saw and heard Dino telling him from the sidelines to drop deeper and let Wilson okay a more advanced roll! Dino Is a joke...

13 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

He was played on the left of midfield today. Some of his play today was sublime and he is by far the most technically gifted player we’ve got. My MotM.

Yep, by playing him out wide his spell of disappearing, didn't have much effect. Yet there were a few occasions when you thought if he'd been playing central and playing well he'd have found the best pass. He did have some nice touches too. 

Playing him out wide will reduce both his 10/10 and 2/10 performances. 

16 minutes ago, inspectormorose said:

Hit one great shot in the 2nd half from the area he likes best, which tells you all about where he should be receiving the ball.

Feed the Rower.

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

We both rate Maouche, he had a decent game, often helping out at the back.

If he works hard, a nailed on starter every week for me.

Most effective in central midfield just off the striker is my view.

Hope this proves to be Danny Rowe, who is wanting a ball to feet in the right area, facing goal, not having to drop deep and hunt for the ball ...

Jonny Smith is the default MOTM, both he and Maouche are better with Chris McCann running the show. 

Not a bad performance but Rowe needs the ball to feet approaching the box and we only did that twice. Desire did running and offside as well as the foul, yellow card and poor clearance from the resulting free kick which lead to the goal. Off he went. On came Wilson who didn’t really do anything so off he went.  Two more points dropped. The direction of travel is not good.  In for a beating next weekend. 

11 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

The pass to Dearnley in the second half was sublime. 

18 hours ago, Agnus UK said:

Banide’s team actually tried to play football. 

So did Maamria’s team yesterday. 

I actually enjoyed the game yesterday. I thought that we started the game really well and were unlucky with the offside decision that went against Segbe. We did lose our way after they took the lead with their first foray forward - defence too static and Carlisle scored a well crafted goal. However we stepped it up again towards the end of the half and deserved the deflected equaliser from Smith. He had missed a similar chance only minutes earlier.

Carlisle started the second half well and we were on the back foot for a long period with McKirdy (lively player) missing two good chances to put Carlisle back in front. Defensively we back off too much and why we bring all back for corners is a mystery. Leave Smith on the halfway line why don’t you?

It was only after the introduction of Dearnley that we started to push forward and created several good chances in the final fifteen minutes. In the end a draw was a fair result.

Zeus played well and made one stunning save in the second half to keep us level. Wheater made some vital blocks and Piergianni provided a strong aerial presence (needs to change the studs in his boots though...). Maouche had his best game in ages and Smith was a constant threat. Rowe showed that he is more than just a penalty area player with some good link play. He can strike a shot with power - how the defender stayed on his feet after one pile-driver hit him full on I’ll never know.

Salford should be a fun day out next week 😎

12 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Yes Maouche my MOM as well. Back to his elusive best with a sustained level of activity not seen in a long time. Is this a feather in Dino's cap? 

Archived