Danny Rowe

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why we don’t set up to attack is beyond me. If players score goals, clubs up the pyramid will come sniffing and we will get money for them. Fans will come in larger numbers as it’s more entertaining and we will not finish in a worse position than we have been for the last 10 years or so. Fucking annoying 

5 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Nowhere near as poor as Zeus, the odd clanger maybe, how would you set up the team? 

As a Yorkshireman would tell you when you ask for directions ....” I wouldn’t have started from here lad”

14 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Thought I would try and have a reasoned conversation with you. How wrong I was. 

It is a serious answer.....I think we need a keeper a left back a couple of midfielders and some pace up front. Given that we haven’t got them we can fiddle around the edges as much as we want but if you haven’t got 11 players who are good enough you have an impossible dilemma

what ido believe is that you pick players who can do things that others can’t...so for me the likes of Maouche play while the likes of Mills are ten a penny.......given what we have got I would have to pick Woods Hamer Wheater Pidge CMJ. Smith Maouche Mc Cann Dearnley and Rowe ...take your pick for the 11 th man...

as for how how we play....we aren’t keeping many clean sheets with that team so we are going to have to score a minimum of 2 and so  I would give licence to Smith and Maouche to express themselves in the final third ......I would tell Rowe not to bother chasing down the full backs because he won’t catch them anyway and is then 40 yards from where he might be dangerous. Dearnley is interesting and I think there is half a chance that he might turn out to be the jewel in the crown

but as I say we are at least 4 short of being top end competitive

5 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

given what we have got I would have to pick Woods Hamer Wheater Pidge CMJ. Smith Maouche Mc Cann Dearnley and Rowe ...take your pick for the 11 th man...

On paper, this is a decent set of players (not team)  at this level.

For me, from our squad, it I’d be Sylla. He wins the ball and gives it to McCann and he looks for Maouche. Problem is, Maouche is usually too deep.

30 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

what ido believe is that you pick players who can do things that others can’t...so for me the likes of Maouche play while the likes of Mills are ten a penny.......given what we have got I would have to pick Woods Hamer Wheater Pidge CMJ. Smith Maouche Mc Cann Dearnley and Rowe ...take your pick for the 11 th man...

As a Yorkshireman would tell you when you ask for directions ....” I wouldn’t have started from here lad”

11 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Where do you get that from?

A Manchester lawyer friend......but if you think about it . An 18 year breaks into Uniteds first team and is then offered a new contract ....£0.5 million a year seems very conservative by premier league standards?

57 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

It is a serious answer.....I think we need a keeper a left back a couple of midfielders and some pace up front. Given that we haven’t got them we can fiddle around the edges as much as we want but if you haven’t got 11 players who are good enough you have an impossible dilemma

as for how how we play....we aren’t keeping many clean sheets with that team so we are going to have to score a minimum of 2 and so  I would give licence to Smith and Maouche to express themselves in the final third ......I would tell Rowe not to bother chasing down the full backs because he won’t catch them anyway and is then 40 yards from where he might be dangerous. Dearnley is interesting and I think there is half a chance that he might turn out to be the jewel in the crown

but as I say we are at least 4 short of being top end competitive

Poor punctuation and spelling.

50 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

We have ....we aren’t paying it but CMJ is on £10k per week........on that evidence we might need more than half a million

Entirely likely but irrelevant if we're not paying it. His united contract is up in the summer and nobody is going to pay him at that level. 

Although I guess you mean CBJ? 

Just now, Dave_Og said:

Entirely likely but irrelevant if we're not paying it. His united contract is up in the summer and nobody is going to pay him at that level. 

Too many years listening  to CMJ on Test Match Special !

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Bingo. 

CBJ has been out on loan 5 times since making a break-through into United's first team 5 seasons ago. He's only lasted the full loan once, last season at relegated Scunthorpe. Tranmere, who look very likely to be going down this season didn't want him. 

One might argue that he's found his level. I can't see United exercising the option to extend his contract for a year. No club is going to pay him £10k pw in either League 1 or 2. If he plays well for us we might not be his only suitor but there's no way he's going to make a quarter of the reputed £10k pw and both him and his agent will know that. 

7 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Bingo. 

CBJ has been out on loan 5 times since making a break-through into United's first team 5 seasons ago. He's only lasted the full loan once, last season at relegated Scunthorpe. Tranmere, who look very likely to be going down this season didn't want him. 

One might argue that he's found his level. I can't see United exercising the option to extend his contract for a year. No club is going to pay him £10k pw in either League 1 or 2. If he plays well for us we might not be his only suitor but there's no way he's going to make a quarter of the reputed £10k pw and both him and his agent will know that. 

In any work place there are people who hate going to work every day. A football dressing room is no different ....there are people in there who simply don’t want to play football....CBJ may be one

Archived