40 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Clyde Wijnhard

Andy Liddell (when he played up front)
Luke Beckett

Chris Porter

Eoin Doyle

Lee Hughes 

Jonathan Forte (goals to game ratio)

Sean McCarthy was on fire in 95 to begin with wasn't he?

Craig Davies 

All scored more than Danny and in a higher league - he did well today but at the risk of sounding like BCD - it was against a level he’s used to I mean Jesus, Real Madrid will on the phone for Fage the way some are going on tonight 

Hmm not sure if you’re being clever with Liddell there. I can’t remember him playing up front much for us (happy to be corrected) but he was very very good for the other latics, up top I think as well.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

McAleny 28 league goals from 76 starts ....the vast majority in league 1 . 5 in 9 league games for us 

what mitigating circumstances ? 

We can all check Wikipedia to see whose scored the most goals and end the debate.

im interested in what people opinions are from what they’ve seen. 
I’m interested in why you think he’s shit, I’m also interested in what you like about McAleny too. 

11 minutes ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

Hmm not sure if you’re being clever with Liddell there. I can’t remember him playing up front much for us (happy to be corrected) but he was very very good for the other latics, up top I think as well.

He played up front on his debut against Yeovil which we won 2-0 

you asked position, not if they played there - Liddell was a striker, attacking midfielder and or Winger - being leading scorer from the wing doesn’t make him any less of a striker, just as playing striker Adam Rooney left wing didn’t make him a winger 

42 minutes ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

We can all check Wikipedia to see whose scored the most goals and end the debate.

im interested in what people opinions are from what they’ve seen. 
I’m interested in why you think he’s shit, I’m also interested in what you like about McAleny too. 

My opinions and reasons for them , together with vigorous and rigorous  peer assessment, are in my back catalogue on this site for you to read at your leisure.  

12 hours ago, latics22 said:

Could any of the above hit the post on a driving run from the left wing. Hes obviously a class player. Unproven above, but also extremely prolific at a lower level. And for majority chose not to leave. The guy is class, great vision and awareness and strikes a ball like I've never seen 

I'm a fan and like others would start him every week. But let's not get carried away. I think L1 Forever's post nailed it. If Rowe was genuinely class, surely he would have got the chance to play at Championship or even PL level. Vardy and Charlie Austin, for example, are good examples of strikers who've scored consistently at all levels - now that's class.

11 hours ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

My opinions and reasons for them , together with vigorous and rigorous  peer assessment, are in my back catalogue on this site for you to read at your leisure.  

"Back catalogue" 🤣

I think we need a Pretentious Post of the Year award and that gets my nomination for 2020.

2 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

mots justes, arguably, but I welcome your humility.

I wasn’t  questioning the literary value of  “a “ or “ flying” so mot juste is exactly what I meant.  Assuming and welcoming  my humility is not only mistaken but well up the scale of pretentiousness ? 😀

11 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

mots justes, arguably, but I welcome your humility.

2 minutes ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

I wasn’t  questioning the literary value of  “a “ or “ flying” so mot juste is exactly what I meant.  Assuming and welcoming  my humility is not only mistaken but well up the scale of pretentiousness ? 😀

I thought you were talking about french car servicing. 

7 minutes ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

Pretentious, moi? 

Perfect. 

Archived