Danny Rowe

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

According to my Fylde supporting colleague, Rowe needs that as he isn’t the best at receiving a ball with back to goal and holding it.  However, give him the ball facing goal and from pretty much anywhere he will hit the target.  Not great at free kicks apparently either.. “9 out of 10 hit the wall”. 

Fylde fan, here.

Your colleague is judging his performances of this season.

On form, Rowey is deadly with free kicks.

Everytime we received a free kick in a dangerous position, everyone would know that Rowey would, at the very least, hit the target.

Very often, it would be smashed in the net.

Rowey can appear to be nowhere in the games, but then pull goals from nowhere, at any distance.

His favourite trick is to drop the shoulder ;) Watch for it!

This season, Rowey has not been the same player.

He wanted the move and, hopefully, you can get him back on form.

He does need service and Johnny Smith and Rowey work very well, together.

If you can get him back to form, he'll be lethal.

If you can't, he will frustrate you.

39 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Eh?  If he takes them all then that ratio would indicate less than one free kick per game?  That’s “a LOT”? 

As magic mikey has said, unlikely that the 10th free kick results in a goal every time.  Even assuming 50% of the ones that don't hit the wall are goals, and 50% are wide/over/saved/post/crossbar etc, that'd be 80 freekicks in a shooting position over the course of a season.  Seems a lot to me.  But maybe that's just because we hardly seem to get any 😂

Anyway, was just a light hearted comment.

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I posted in haste about the howler. 

I should of said from what I’ve seen he looks decent, and again from what I’ve seen he’s better than la Paz. 

No, you should have said, I should have said. 😚

It's kind of interesting that the striker we have been after isn't the sort of partner Wilson needs.  Why did we sign Wilson?

19 games to go.  If Danny can score every other one he will be top scorer.  I don't think we can expect a brace every game.

51 minutes ago, True Tic said:

I’m not expecting anything near to what he did at fylde. Not much of a step up to our league but defences will be on him. That said he will still hopefully comfortably surpass any of our current  “strikers” 

Did defences just leave him alone in the conference?

10 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Good point - a decent forward will find space by moving ( or even standing still at this level ) or anticipating s pass.

Hopefully our midfielders will give him the ball in and around the box and let him do what he does ( and I know this sounds alien and a bit outdated nowadays ) bloody shoot !

3 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Yes, on a number of occasions. Looked like they were wading through treacle when tracking him.

He will score many I hope, but he wont get that space here even though its only one step up.

6 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Good point - a decent forward will find space by moving ( or even standing still at this level ) or anticipating s pass.

Hopefully our midfielders will give him the ball in and around the box and let him do what he does ( and I know this sounds alien and a bit outdated nowadays ) bloody shoot !

Our central mifielders hardly stepped over the halfway line, so no wonder he rarely received a pass to his feet.

4 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I think he'll be sat somewhere, head in hands, thinking "what the fuck have I done?!?"...

He's moved up a league and will do again at some stage, he won't be worrying about his own ability amongst what we have 😂

9 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I think he'll be sat somewhere, head in hands, thinking "what the fuck have I done?!?"...

3 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

He's moved up a league and will do again at some stage, he won't be worrying about his own ability amongst what we have 😂

...and Fylde are bottom three in the National League.  I suspect he is delighted to be out of there. 

I've seen him play a few times before, but was still surprised today how often he dropped deep to get the ball and create chances for others (particularly Smith). 

I just hope it doesn't come at the expense of scoring himself. 

He really didn't look out of place at all though at this level. 

All those getting snotty about him coming from Fylde need to remember they were one game away from being in L2 last season. 

I'd much rather see him playing than someone picked for having the right agent. 

Archived