Danny Rowe

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Lee Sinnott said:

Did anyone from the club actually see Rowe play before we signed him or did they just keep seeing his name pop up for Fylde and decide "yeah, we want this lad"? 

We are using him completely wrong...

I hope we are cos at the moment he is contributing nothing and cuts a pissed off figure.....badly at fault for their goal too, but what was he doing there? . What are his strengths? ...they aren’t pace, heading ability , defending.  He can clearly shoot and his forte is supposedly free kicks, but we don’t win many of those

1 minute ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Obviously not been watching games...

How else would I form my opinion that he is contributing little to nothing.? . ....What do you think he is contributing ? what do you think his strengths are? Where do think he is playing? Where you think he should be playing?

24 minutes ago, latics22 said:

The league below is as wank as this league! Play the guy to his fucking strengths and he will score. 

People keep saying this....but nobody is telling me what his strengths are ...where he should be playing etc

3 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

People keep saying this....but nobody is telling me what his strengths are ...where he should be playing etc

His strengths are when you get the ball to him and have at least 4 or 5 others around him to do his running. Dino seems to want to change him (at 30 years old) into a striker that chases down full backs...

10 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Not tracking back to get the ball would be a start. Shez took shit strikers, who barely scored all season. What amazing out there golden nugget of advice did he give them? A very simple you're a striker, stay up top, dont track back. Do what you're paid to do SCORE!!!

3 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

His strengths are when you get the ball to him and have at least 4 or 5 others around him to do his running. Dino seems to want to change him (at 30 years old) into a striker that chases down full backs...

Well for sure he is never going to be chasing full backs down, ...by pro standards he is no athlete

it is also clear that it is worse than pointless having him in our final third.....he is to blame for goals against Carlisle , Crewe and today

his goal scoring record  however is phenomenal and any team can cope with a player who does nothing other than score goals and that is all we should be expecting him to do and facilitating that .   As I say free kicks and pens account for many goals but what I am seeking is opinion on how we get him contributing goals for open play....he does not look a tap in six yard box type player ...

and you are absolutely correct in highlighting the bigger gap than people believe between  conference and league 2......look at the regularity with which Murphy Duffus and Wilson score in that league

6 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Agreed, on one occasion he tracked back to the opposition bye line. His game is waiting just outside the penalty area for a snapshot at goal. Unfortunately, no one seems to have cottoned on to this yet. Much as Jonny Smith deserves praise this season someone needs to tell him to lift his head up and pick a pass. Rowe was free on one occasion in a great position, but Smith chose to try and beat a couple of defenders and the chance was gone.

9 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Not tracking back to get the ball would be a start. Shez took shit strikers, who barely scored all season. What amazing out there golden nugget of advice did he give them? A very simple you're a striker, stay up top, dont track back. Do what you're paid to do SCORE!!!

Who did Shez turn into a goal scoring machine?

Archived