North Stand Shut by SAG

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, Hands on said:

So the great white elephant isn't fit for purpose and they want us to buy shares in the bloody thing next month.

It's still not a white elephant, if we were all joined up as a club it would be thriving. It's the actions and  of the owner and particularly #AgendaLad Barry (who was a Director when it was split) that are making it difficult to operate. Given their actions, that's their plan anyway. Most people, see through itthat's why the OEC is pretty busy.

15 hours ago, sjk2008 said:

‘Contrary to the comments in the statement made by the OEC, the sole responsibility for safety and security at the stadium at the time of a specific event (match) rest solely with the certificate holder, Abdallah Lemsagem

in case anyone wondered the above quote came from a Club Statement last month.

21 hours ago, Hands on said:

So the great white elephant isn't fit for purpose and they want us to buy shares in the bloody thing next month.

Of course it's fit for purpose.

Surely, everyone can see what's going on here?

So if AL is responsible for making sure it’s safe “at the time of an event (match)” whose is responsible for it the other 98% of the time? 
Whoever it is, presumably the landlord, just get it sorted! It shouldn’t need the occasional user (match day) to sort out the safety issues?

I was kicked out of my seat in the Chaddy End and now I've been kicked out of the North Stand.Of the four stands at the ground there are two I don't particularly want to sit in, but thanks to the prick who ran the club before and the prick who runs it now, those are the only two left available.

8 minutes ago, Chaddy14 said:

So if AL is responsible for making sure it’s safe “at the time of an event (match)” whose is responsible for it the other 98% of the time? 
Whoever it is, presumably the landlord, just get it sorted! It shouldn’t need the occasional user (match day) to sort out the safety issues?

Thanks for that, think there's a little bit more to it than that. 

6 minutes ago, Steve_R said:

I was kicked out of my seat in the Chaddy End and now I've been kicked out of the North Stand.Of the four stands at the ground there are two I don't particularly want to sit in, but thanks to the prick who ran the club before and the prick who runs it now, those are the only two left available.

Got to be someone who’s been forced from three stands though. Who were in the old Lookers stand prior to that being demolished.

6 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Thanks for that, think there's a little bit more to it than that. 

Surely the exit doors in the concourse are the fire doors for the football match, and they won't be obstructed. and it would be easy to get on the pitch from the seats. These fire doors must be the ones in the bar, so why close the whole stand, just close the bar. 

13 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Surely the exit doors in the concourse are the fire doors for the football match, and they won't be obstructed. and it would be easy to get on the pitch from the seats. These fire doors must be the ones in the bar, so why close the whole stand, just close the bar. 

Because the club are attempting to get the stand given to them and this is part of their strategy.

On 1/25/2020 at 10:02 AM, jorvik_latic said:

It’s pretty straightforward really....

So this is correct?

FLG want to buy the ground from whomever - Brassbank? So that the club owns it, or a supporters group owns it for the benefit of the club?

PTB are an organisation that represents the supporters and want to oust the current owner and administration?  

Trust remains active as an organization that represents the interests of supporters?

Are the Trust and PTB working together? And will link up with the FLG in an overarching agreement that binds the club into one supporter-owned entity?

What I'm trying to do is succinctly phrase all the blogs and letters and statements of intent and mission statements and what-have-you, into something that is simple to understand in one paragraph.

Apologies for going over old ground.

48 minutes ago, Matt said:

So this is correct?

FLG want to buy the ground from whomever - Brassbank? So that the club owns it, or a supporters group owns it for the benefit of the club?

PTB are an organisation that represents the supporters and want to oust the current owner and administration?  

Trust remains active as an organization that represents the interests of supporters?

Are the Trust and PTB working together? And will link up with the FLG in an overarching agreement that binds the club into one supporter-owned entity?

What I'm trying to do is succinctly phrase all the blogs and letters and statements of intent and mission statements and what-have-you, into something that is simple to understand in one paragraph.

PTB are an organisation that represents the supporters and want to oust the current owner and administration? - I'm not sure that's how they'd phrase it. More that they want to agitate for change in how the club is run. If that means the current shower leaving, so be it.

Are the Trust and PTB working together? - the Trust is pretty impotent. It's more that the PTB are sympathetic to the aims of the FLG, at least in my eyes.

Basically Trust is as Trust was - trying to "nicely" get the club to operate more - normally - I guess? Being polite. PTB is aiming for a similar goal, but can act without having to pay much heed to the politics, and the need to maintain civil relationships, hence can be much more of a pressure group. FLG/Brassbank have a commercial relationship with the club through operating/owning the NS/rest of the ground, also positioned to (in theory) step in when the clown goes. Or when the latter forces him to go through calling in unpaid debts.

53 minutes ago, Matt said:

So this is correct?

Nearly right. 

That’s what they say. Brassbank still own it, yes. 

That’s not our objective. We’re trying to show them where they are going wrong in the hope that there are improvements. 

Via the shareholding and seat on the board, yep. 

Not currently but we are trying to make arrangements to meet up and discuss things with the Trust. It’s too soon to say on the second point. I’m not sure we could be a supporter owned club personally, but all options have to be considered. 

No problem. 

Two separate conversations heard before the Salford game cl;aimed that in any purchase of the club or ground the organisers of PTB have been promised a share allocation. 

Can someone deny or confirm please?  So much is rumour, fantasy misinterpretation or lie about so many aspects of the club at present it would be helpful to get an absolute statement on this

Thanks

16 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

Two separate conversations heard before the Salford game cl;aimed that in any purchase of the club or ground the organisers of PTB have been promised a share allocation. 

Can someone deny or confirm please?  So much is rumour, fantasy misinterpretation or lie about so many aspects of the club at present it would be helpful to get an absolute statement on this

Thanks

Nearly spat my cup of tea across the room 😂😂😂

Can assure you this is not the case, don't understand why someone would make up a rumour like that. When the share allocation comes out which Blitz and FLG have mentioned, we (as individuals not as a 4) will have the same right to purchase those shares as every other fan. 

Did give me a good laugh that though! 👍

56 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

Thanks

Cool. Did they say how many we can expect?

It's definitely a made up rumour by the people being paid by the club to discredit what we're doing (see how easy it is to make stuff up?).

1 hour ago, LaticsPete said:

Thanks

The Board of Directors and their acolytes at our club are lower than shark shit.

It now gets even more ridiculous. Away fans now have to go to the very small ticket office before the game to get a ticket if they haven't already got one, as the Chaddy is now cashless. I know this happens at some other clubs, but our ticket office just isn't big enough.

Archived