North Stand Shut by SAG

As far as I understand the problem is with the internal fire doors in the OEC.

There are no fire doors concerned with the seating area of the North Stand!!!

If there is a fire in the North Stand, I'll be on the pitch with the rest of you.

Closing the OEC until the problem is resolved I can understand but there is no reason to close the seating area.

The club are taking the piss out of the fans as usual!!!!!!

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Emcee_Latic said:

If there is a fire in the North Stand, I'll be on the pitch with the rest of you.

Closing the OEC until the problem is resolved I can understand but there is no reason to close the seating area.

What is the problem with the internal fire doors in the OEC? Apart from the fact that they are not owned by Abdallah. 

3 hours ago, Emcee_Latic said:

The line of work I am in states that fire doors must be present and closed. They contain fires and help prevent them from spreading rapidly.
If the structure is deemed unsafe because of an issue with the internal fire doors, then the whole stand becomes unusable.

It's not really anything underhanded in that respect, no matter how many exclamation marks you use. :D 

10 minutes ago, Wardie said:

The line of work I am in states that fire doors must be present and closed. They contain fires and help prevent them from spreading rapidly.
If the structure is deemed unsafe because of an issue with the internal fire doors, then the whole stand becomes unusable.

It's not really anything underhanded in that respect, no matter how many exclamation marks you use. :D

Draw us a dog.

12 minutes ago, ghostofcecere said:

If it is something to do with internal fire doors, surely this would have been spotted by a buildings inspector at the time of construction? Or certainly before it was given a safety certificate to open in the first place!

Quite correct. What has changed?

If one or more fire doors has since become broken or not operating in a correct manner, it's something a joiner could probably fix in an hour or so.

43 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Quite correct. What has changed?

If one or more fire doors has since become broken or not operating in a correct manner, it's something a joiner could probably fix in an hour or 

I don't get why everyone is blaming the club for this, if the problem is so simple to fix why haven't the oec, fixed the problem?

55 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Fire doors do not have to be closed.

Ours at work are on magnetic retainers that release when the alarm is activated, or door guard type at the base of the door.

GloGym was open and operating during the match.
The OEC us unaffected on non match days. These are therefore likely to be technical breaches.

My guess is the main issue is CCTV in real time back to the commander is the issue, but that could be as simple as a broken link for a camera, but the issue is who is responsble for repair.

Looking at the list below, all could be minor issues

Damaged defective fire doors failure passive fire protection

Fire escape routes obstructed

Fire escape doors locked not easily operable

Lack of fire safety management procedures

CCTV not fully operational that is operated in real time back to controller

Lack of effective method of recording all members of the public who enter the North Stand and therefore under the control of the safety officer.

8 minutes ago, latics22 said:

I don't get why everyone is blaming the club for this, if the problem is so simple to fix why haven't the oec, fixed the problem?

Who benefits most from the stand being closed? Not the OEC, not Brassbank.
Who went on a rant at the Fans Forum in OCtober with basically these points (clue he had his tea in the meeting)

Also
a) If it is landlord issues it will be Brassbank , OEC only operate on match day as contractor

b) OAFC is responsible for match day, and the letter is addressed to the owner

c) Glo Gym operated through the match, a Zumba class, and OEC is operational throughout non match day events so it's not immediately life threatening

Whose blockages and actions are they? You've assumed it is OEC side of the fire door....

Can I please ask that they sort it as soon as possible? I want to go back to my seat. I don't want to sit in the RRE again.

Why can no one sit in their seat for 45 minutes without getting up and going out? Why if they get up to go out can they not get up and go out rather than getting up standing upright and watching the game for 5 seconds? Why do they sit watching their phones rather than the game? Why do the teenagers change seats? 

Why do I feel so old?

5 minutes ago, astottie said:

Can I please ask that they sort it as soon as possible? I want to go back to my seat. I don't want to sit in the RRE again.

Why can no one sit in their seat for 45 minutes without getting up and going out? Why if they get up to go out can they not get up and go out rather than getting up standing upright and watching the game for 5 seconds? Why do they sit watching their phones rather than the game? Why do the teenagers change seats? 

Why do I feel so old?

Have you thought about sitting in the main stand? 

1 hour ago, astottie said:

Why do I feel so old?

Any comments about the drum? 

13 hours ago, latics22 said:

Strong rumour the club have refused to meet the OEC & Safety Advisory Group. If true, and well sourced, then that tells you all you need to know and fans are merely pawns.

Just now, singe said:

Strong rumour the club have refused to meet the OEC & Safety Advisory Group. If true, and well sourced, then that tells you all you need to know and fans are merely pawns.

Fix the problems first then ask the Council H&S office to insist AL signs the document.

11 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Fix the problems first then ask the Council H&S office to insist AL signs the document.

Depends on the cost. At the moment the owner has no incetive to sign them and it's in his interest to keep it shut.

Archived