Salford (A)

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

If Dino's going to go with 4-2-3-1, then I'd say our best team (assuming that McCann is injured) would be:

Zeus

Mills

Hamer

Wheater

CBJ

Missilou

Sylla

Dearnley

Maouche

Smith

Rowe

Good shout that

Rowe is another striker who needs a partner.  His inclination in game one was to drop off in the unlikely event that somebody would pass the ball to him so he could give it the a wack - I'm not saying they won't today because Dino has had a whole week to remind them.  Playing him up front on his own is a sort of oxymoron.

13 minutes ago, Hands on said:

Rowe is another striker who needs a partner.  His inclination in game one was to drop off in the unlikely event that somebody would pass the ball to him so he could give it the a wack - I'm not saying they won't today because Dino has had a whole week to remind them.  Playing him up front on his own is a sort of oxymoron.

Did he not play at Fylde on his own up top? He doesn't need a other striker to pass him the ball when he drops off to the edge of the box, anyone will do

10 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Did he not play at Fylde on his own up top? He doesn't need a other striker to pass him the ball when he drops off to the edge of the box, anyone will do

Having seen his debut and read the first hand accounts of how to profit from Danny's apparent knack of hitting the target, it is obvious we need to set up to provide the ball to feet in the right area, with Danny facing goal, not dropping off too deep.

I think you are correct, doesn't need to be a knock down from the other striker in a pair, any clever, properly weighted through ball or cross will do.

Chris McCann is a big miss, for me the supply line to Danny would be Maouche in a central role, Jonny Smith from anywhere or Des crossing from the right, possibly Mills from the left.

I know Segbe divides opinion, doesn't score enough goals (true) but is capable of forcing errors and if somebody is barking orders at him (Morais did this job well), can be effective.

8 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Segbe starts yet again, don't know why N'Guessun does, lacovite preferred to Borthwick Jackson.

Baffling. Iacovitti starts while a genuine left back who has a reasonable amount of Premier League experience sits on the bench.

I imagine Iacovitti will play CB with Mills at LB, but Egert (a genuine CB) is also on the bench.

Dearnley on the bench as well. I don't get it.

Iacovitti - fuck off

N'Guessan - fuck off

How Borthwick-Jackson doesn't start ahead of him with Hamer CB and Mills RB I have no idea.

How N'Guessan starts over Missile, I have no idea

How Dearnley or Wilson don't get the nod over Azankpo, I have no idea

Dino, sort this shit out

Archived