Mansfield (H) Tuesday

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really good performance tonight. Might start to go more reg with this team playing. Finally we have found a striker in Rowe who can be focal point of the team. Wingers did well and midfield top notch missilou drove us on well in first half. Defence also looks more settled and was impressed with piergianni tonight. 

there’s been a lot about Dino on the verge but he looks to have had a good window whether he signed them or not. Now needs to be given rest of season to see what he can produce as the team on paper is pretty decent. Experienced central defence workmanlike mid good wingers and a goal scorer which will give us a chance most games. Def not going down and can finally start to look upwards. Hoping AL has leaned from his mistakes and will continue to progress the team from this point onwards. 

3 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Nah. This is a Dino thing. Time wasting. Always around same time. Good in the fact keeper can't be sent to touchline for treatment. Never had a real injury that kid. Just not seen it for ages cos we haven't been in front 

I'd disagree on this one on this occasion, 3-0 up no need to do that and the goal kick immediately afterwards went out of play North stand side without reaching the half way line, then he held his lower back.

7 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

Really good performance tonight. Might start to go more reg with this team playing. Finally we have found a striker in Rowe who can be focal point of the team. Wingers did well and midfield top notch missilou drove us on well in first half. Defence also looks more settled and was impressed with piergianni tonight. 

there’s been a lot about Dino on the verge but he looks to have had a good window whether he signed them or not. Now needs to be given rest of season to see what he can produce as the team on paper is pretty decent. Experienced central defence workmanlike mid good wingers and a goal scorer which will give us a chance most games. Def not going down and can finally start to look upwards. Hoping AL has leaned from his mistakes and will continue to progress the team from this point onwards. 

Can't be any question now Dino is not a head coach he's a manager.

Haven't seem Mo in the main stand last few games, it's been a older guy who was taking copious notes and another who looked like a top ex Spanish international player who's name I can't think of, I wonder if a new Sporting Director is to be announced soon?

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

Can't be any question now Dino is not a head coach he"s a manager.

Haven't seem Mo in the main stand last few games, it's been a older guy who was taking copious notes and another who looked like a top ex Spanish international player who's name I can't think of, I wonder if a new Sporting Director is to be announced soon?

I heard Patrick Berger was serving coffee in the O2 suite. New commercial manager? 

2 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

If we play with that style of football and that kind of line up every week, Dino could get people back on side 

Possibly fearing a yellow vest protest in the main stand upper. Al decided to let Dino pick the team and tactics. While having Mo reassigned to seat cleaning duty. In order to appease/distract fans with a good performance and scoring 3 goals for the first time this year. 

54 minutes ago, fleetwood Blue said:

Lets not get too carried away, we should be capable of beating every team in league two..Thats our first win since Boxing Day...

Lets see how we measure up against Bradford on Saturday..

I know i Sound a bit like Victor Meldrew...

You do have a point  though.  If we played like that at home every week  I reckon only 2 or 3 teams could stick with us. There is not a very good side in this league. If is the key word though. 

That was a thoroughly deserved 3 Points tonight.. I felt everytime we went on the attack we looked like we was going to score.. Ive said it before Smith alone is worth the entrance fee.. Dearnley getting his match fitness ran his arse off lioks hungry and plays well alongside Rowe, Wheater and Periganni looked settled together at the back.. Missolou and Syllah bossed the midfield all game,  they looked like 2 new signings being honest. Rowe a very intelligent player always looking for the ball , brings others into the game very well and creates space in behind him by dragging his marker all over the place.. 

I like  the look of our new full back think hes going to get better and Hamer , Nepo and Zeus had good games also..

Roll on Bradford,  beat them and anything is possible! with still plenty of games to play 

Just now, astottie said:

You do have a point  though.  If we played like that at home every week  I reckon only 2 or 3 teams could stick with us. There is not a very good side in this league. If is the key word though. 

The formation reminded me of Big Joe's in the 1990s (with lesser players of course) Solid keeper, strong back 4, 2 yard dog central midfielders, 2 out and out wingers, and a dangerous looking front 2.

Hopefully we can build on this now with more good results.

1 hour ago, rvlatic said:

We were good tonight - two up top with two wingers - sylla was a man mountain! 

The few games I've watched this season, I always thought Sylla played well. He's a good defensive midfielder for this level. He does nothing fancy, he just does the basics of being a defensive midfielder and does them well. When I have seen him. 

2 minutes ago, Canada_latic said:

The few games I've watched this season, I always thought Sylla played well. He's a good defensive midfielder for this level. He does nothing fancy, he just does the basics of being a defensive midfielder and does them well. When I have seen him. 

So assuming that when McCann's fit hes a shoo in what does the midfield look like?

3 minutes ago, astottie said:

So assuming that when McCann's fit hes a shoo in what does the midfield look like?

Unless we have poor performances from the current 2 CMs or injuries/suspensions he won't get in.

A good position to have.

Can't see Jones finding a place.

3 minutes ago, Canada_latic said:

Very good question. Would Sylla and McCann work? I find McCann is a all round centre midfielder, more creative. 

I'd be happy with McCann and either sylla or missilou. But that might not give the 4 forward players the freedom they had tonight. 

One decent performance and result against a team on a poor run and this forum goes overboard.*

Lets not get carried away just yet lads (and lasses).

(*) I can only imagine what the Realistic Facebook boys (and girls) are saying this morning 😮

5 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

One decent performance and result against a team on a poor run and this forum goes overboard.*

(*) I can only imagine what the Realistic Facebook boys (and girls) are saying this morning 😮

Agree. 1 swallow doesn't make a summer, however from last night's comments perhaps we have turned a corner. 

Only Hamer Wheater Missi Sylla and Smith starting from the reverse 6-1 hammering in October which speaks volumes. Every replacement improves is I think. 

As with any successful team a strong spine is the key, and last night's line up was probably the strongest spine we have fielded all season. 

Onward and upwards eh! 😊

BTW how did B Jackson play? 

9 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

BTW how did B Jackson play? 

He seemed a bit rusty but even then he made a crucial block at 1-0 that almost certainly prevented a goal. After that he was a lot less rusty. 7/10 for the whole 90 and 9/10 after we went 1-0 up. 

Based on that one showing Iacovitti isn't getting back in the team unless Dino is told to pick him. 

33 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

You're right of course. But I'm not sure it's people getting carried away so much, more sheer relief at finally getting a good team performance, 3 goals and 3 points!

Archived