Latics could be kicked out of BP

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

i.e. Bassini.

Who was at the Stevo game as a guest of AL

:clown:

Who was borrowing money from Sullivan at a West Ham to try and secure Bolton.

We deserve some good luck after 16+ years of nightmares.  Hopefully some good will come out of this.  The Dutch consortium are still looking.....

" . . . £5.2 million pounds provided to the Club by Oldham Council in respect of the the North Stand."

It has been reported in the past that the club was awarded a £700k grant from Oldham Council when the council also bought the Lancaster Club site from Blitz and Gazal. Has anyone seen any council minutes stating a higher figure was awarded? Maybe Oldham Council would like to comment, or could a FOI request be submitted? 

Just now, LaticMark said:

" . . . £5.2 million pounds provided to the Club by Oldham Council in respect of the the North Stand."

It has been reported in the past that the club was awarded a £700k grant from Oldham Council when the council also bought the Lancaster Club site from Blitz and Gazal. Has anyone seen any council minutes stating a higher figure was awarded? Maybe Oldham Council would like to comment, or could a FOI request be submitted? 

Most of it was repaying the purchase price of Failsworth.  Who do you think paid for that?

If it presented a short term solution to the current paralysis surrounding the club's owners and landlords dispute, then I for one would not be averse to Latics groundsharing anywhere with EFL permission of course.  However from the club's owners perspective, this isn't the best option (other than to spite the landlord) as they would presumably have to pay rent wherever they went which appears to be something our esteemed owners don't like doing.  

16 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Most of it was repaying the purchase price of Failsworth.  Who do you think paid for that?

Yes, but Oldham Council would have bought the land from Blitz and Gazal (or Brassbank), not from Oldham Athletic!

33 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

The 3 main docs are linked here:

Edit. Direct links:

Now certain posters claim this was a straight grant to OAFC, but if you read the minutes, it more related to the Community Trust work.

01/08/11

Approved grant £700k.
https://committees.oldham.gov.uk/ieListDocuments.aspx?CId=144&MId=2469&Ver=4

"Pay a capital grant of £700,000 as a contribution to the redevelopment of Boundary Park based on the community work which the club carry out in the Borough"

"In the Borough"  not "at Boundary Park".

http://committees.oldham.gov.uk/documents/s7266/acquisition of lancaster club FINAL HM 27.7.11.pdf

Whole sections on OACT:

http://committees.oldham.gov.uk/documents/s7266/acquisition of lancaster club FINAL HM 27.7.11.pdf

Interesting that these two linked pages on the deal have disappeared fromt he OMBC website. Titles of them revealing in themselves.

Investment schemes. New North Stand for Oldham Athletic

https://www.oldham.gov.uk/info/200891/investment_schemes/1377/new_north_stand_for_oldham_athletic

Oldham Athletic & Council Leader hails North Stand Steel

https://www.oldham.gov.uk/news/article/671/oldham_athletic_council_leader_hails_north_stand_steel

Anyway, here is the second one, on the Official Website, but the Lawyer who is a Board Director, did Abdallah's Due Dilligence from Sept 2017-Jan2018 , had not heard of the Lancaster Club till Oct 2019...
https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2014/april/council-leader-hails-north-stand-steel/

33 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

Yes, but Oldham Council would have bought the land from Blitz and Gazal (or Brassbank), not from Oldham Athletic!

I think Blitz said in his interview it was a back to back transaction for reasons that suited the Council. 

1 hour ago, jsslatic said:

I think Blitz said in his interview it was a back to back transaction for reasons that suited the Council. 

He did. He was quite open about it and said it was a pretty normal thing to do. I think he said the money didn’t even come to the club it went through solicitors instantaneously or something. Although I may have remembered that wrong. 

Administration would not allow us to pick and choose players.  To get the 'golden share', needed to be able to play in the EFL, the new owner would have to pay off all 'football creditors' which includes players and other staff.

Corney could have sold the club with an agreement for AL to pay him a % of any profit made on players on the books sold.  That would not mean he owns any part of the player.

The Sun article suggests that Blitz is getting really pissed off with Marco but we knew that from his interview.  I suspect the amount owed is the rent plus the balance of the £500k yet to be paid as I think something was done to clear the £8m.

We are worryingly getting closer to the brink.

14 minutes ago, Hands on said:

Administration would not allow us to pick and choose players.  To get the 'golden share', needed to be able to play in the EFL, the new owner would have to pay off all 'football creditors' which includes players and other staff.

Corney could have sold the club with an agreement for AL to pay him a % of any profit made on players on the books sold.  That would not mean he owns any part of the player.

The Sun article suggests that Blitz is getting really pissed off with Marco but we knew that from his interview.  I suspect the amount owed is the rent plus the balance of the £500k yet to be paid as I think something was done to clear the £8m.

We are worryingly getting closer to the brink.

If I'm reading it correctly, it was £12m and the £5m he claims to have put it, that moved to Directors Loans, means he owes Blitz  £7m. Welcome comments from the better financial gurus than me.

Archived