Bradford City (H)

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, super_blue said:

He got an applause at the start of the game and I didn’t hear any booing from the main stand. 

We can allow a boo though when he went down screaming like a tart! 

There was booing around me in the main stand. Mixed with a smattering of applause but definite booing. 

Just arrived home after the 100 mile drive back to North Yorkshire,  and I have left behind 18 months worth of total frustration. 

We looked like a proper team,  lots of passion, skill, and a top notch work rate. 

Nobody had a bad game,  lots had very very good games.  My pick would have to be Sylla, he had a fantastic afternoon. He was closely followed by Missile,  and Johnny Smith, but every one of them can be proud of themselves today.

Also a very pleasing response from the crowd. After many months of absolute dross,  today we had something to shout about . After hour upon hour and  many months of frustration we finally look like the team that we have been hoping for.

Well done to all the players, and well done to the crowd, for responding to the team in a way that I thought we had forgotten to do.

Great day out.

9 minutes ago, 100milesaway said:

Just arrived home after the 100 mile drive back to North Yorkshire,  and I have left behind 18 months worth of total frustration. 

We looked like a proper team,  lots of passion, skill, and a top notch work rate. 

Nobody had a bad game,  lots had very very good games.  My pick would have to be Sylla, he had a fantastic afternoon. He was closely followed by Missile,  and Johnny Smith, but every one of them can be proud of themselves today.

Also a very pleasing response from the crowd. After many months of absolute dross,  today we had something to shout about . After hour upon hour and  many months of frustration we finally look like the team that we have been hoping for.

Well done to all the players, and well done to the crowd, for responding to the team in a way that I thought we had forgotten to do.

Great day out.

Absolutely spot on. The last two home games have been excellent by everyone. We’ve looked the a proper team with everyone in their correct positions.

Loved the standing ovation that the team got at half time today and the roar of the crowd cheering them off. Well deserved!! COYB ⚽⚽

2 hours ago, south east latic said:

There was booing around me in the main stand. Mixed with a smattering of applause but definite booing. 

There was a bit of it round me the main stand and a few chants of "Taylor Taylor whats the score", it wasnt abuse as such, it was more banter. 

Overall it was a tremendous performance today it makes such a difference to have an actual striker on the pitch infact we had 2. Dearnley did a good job he got abit lucky with the slip for the goal but he took advantage brilliantly a lovely finish. A shame when he went off I hope his injury isnt serious. 

However Dearnleys replacement when he came on gave one of his best performances in a blue Shirt. I thought Mohammed Maouche was sensational playing in a false 9 role. He worked really hard consistently created chances and got shots away. Id give him MOTM for today even though he only played an hour.

Elsewhere the midfield did ok. Cameron Borthwick Jackson shows clear ability but may have looked slightly rusty but given games he will be a very good addition. Piergianni looks like hes the partner Wheater has needed all season. I have to say we looked really dangerous at set pieces. While I would rather Dino had a better mentor than Graham Westley the one thing I would expect a disciple of him to be, is to be is good on set pieces, and we looked a real threat today everytime the ball went in the box.

And finally if Johnny Smith doesn't win player of the season their is something wrong with you lot, the lad has been first class this season. His ability to beat a man should get everyone on the edge of their seat plus and (and you can never tell this for certain just watching from the stands) but he seems to have the right mentality and attitude to do well in the game.

All round a good day Im chilling out with a Jack Daniels I suggest you all do something similar we haven't had enough to celebrate this season and while today doesn't make up for the clusterfuck our club is (Barry you are still a joke) we should atleast celebrate wins and give credit to the team and coaching staff when they give that kind of performance.

2 hours ago, south east latic said:

Also anyone booing Taylor needs to have a word. Fan of the club who played over 250 games for us. Any other club and he’d get a great reception. Proper weird mentality. 

Fuck it. Boo him before and during the game. Give him a good reception at the end of the game. 

28 minutes ago, 100milesaway said:

Great day out.

Good news is sylla is potentially motm two games running! Keeps missile and McCann on their toes!

2 hours ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

Not sure it was quite so pleasant in the Chaddy 😂

Piergiani has made a big difference. He’s not only solid but Wheater finally looks like he has some confidence in the bloke playing alongside him. 

Its amazing that the club was slagged of for bringing in Piergianni from Salford, Hes been one of our top performers since coming in.. Possibly signing end of season 

49 minutes ago, b0ndl1ne said:

Hard to believe 4-4-2 with the ‘2’ both dropping off works but it seems to be and long may it continue.

Its the ability and performance of the 2 that makes the difference the formation is irrelevant otherwise.

Why we went for the likes of Vera, Gonzalez and Azankpo in the summer when Dearnley was available is just mind boggling.

Imagine if we had got the recruitment right this summer we would easily be challenging for the play offs.

11 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Its the ability and performance of the 2 that makes the difference the formation is irrelevant otherwise why we went for the likes of Vera, Gonzalez and Azankpo in the summer when Dearnley was available is just mind boggling.

Imagine if we had got the recruitment right this summer we would easily be challenging for the play offs.

You mean if we had recruited better players we would have done better😀😀

Fancy Crewe away now after hearing about the last two performances, problem is I’ve only gone and booked myself into Edinburgh for the weekend for the egg chasing. Credit where it’s due though, sounds like we gave those Yorkies a right towelling today and a little bit of pay back for what happened in Bratfud earlier in the season. 

16 minutes ago, Dick_Valentine said:

Fancy Crewe away now after hearing about the last two performances, problem is I’ve only gone and booked myself into Edinburgh for the weekend for the egg chasing. Credit where it’s due though, sounds like we gave those Yorkies a right towelling today and a little bit of pay back for what happened in Bratfud earlier in the season. 

Swap you for my Crewe ticket? :chubb:

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Its the ability and performance of the 2 that makes the difference the formation is irrelevant otherwise.

Why we went for the likes of Vera, Gonzalez and Azankpo in the summer when Dearnley was available is just mind boggling.

Dearnley wasn't fit during the summer. That's how he ended up at New Mills. 

He's shown more in 2 games alongside Rowe than Desire has shown in 28 games. 

2 hours ago, Frankies6 said:

Its amazing that the club was slagged of for bringing in Piergianni from Salford, Hes been one of our top performers since coming in.. Possibly signing end of season 

Solidity at the back has been along time coming but we're very nearly there

Keep banging em in up top and anything can happen in this league.

3 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

As good as we played yesterday, and we were very good, it just shows what a poor league this is. 

A decent settled, well organised side with a striker who scores regularly and a fairly tight defence is a shoe-in for promotion ( powers that be take note ! ). 

Poetry in motion 👍

Mouche did what Mouche does which is to selfishly hold onto the ball when he should pass it.  Rowe free in the box and Mouche blasts the ball straight at the keeper.  He also, because he fails to pass when he should, gave Bradford a great chance to score which they squandered.  So no he was not my MoM - Sylla was for the second game running.  I suspect Mouche lacks the vision to do the right thing at the right time.  He could be a much better player and at least he wasn't his usual petulant self today.

Playing 4 4 2 with a spine of Zeus, Carl, Sylla & Rowe is what I think has made the difference.  Salford must think they have some great CBs if Carl is a reject and now Wheater looks interested again.  Sylla seems to have absorbed all the good positional play that McCann is so good at and stopped making stupid tackles - such an improved player.  Rowe is the icing on the top of the cake.  A striker with a genuine threat who occupies the defenders because of his ability to shoot low and hard.  He is so strong and can keep the ball.  A much better target man than I thought he would be.  He also, in stark contrast to Mouche, can see and make a pass. The pass down the wing to Nepo on Saturday was sublime.  It could be his lack of pace that has kept him out of the EFL but undoubtedly he is good enough.

Archived