Bradford City (H)

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Hands on said:

Mouche did what Mouche does which is to selfishly hold onto the ball when he should pass it.  Rowe free in the box and Mouche blasts the ball straight at the keeper.  He also, because he fails to pass when he should, gave Bradford a great chance to score which they squandered.  So no he was not my MoM - Sylla was for the second game running.  I suspect Mouche lacks the vision to do the right thing at the right time.  He could be a much better player and at least he wasn't his usual petulant self today.

Playing 4 4 2 with a spine of Zeus, Carl, Sylla & Rowe is what I think has made the difference.  Salford must think they have some great CBs if Carl is a reject and now Wheater looks interested again.  Sylla seems to have absorbed all the good positional play that McCann is so good at and stopped making stupid tackles - such an improved player.  Rowe is the icing on the top of the cake.  A striker with a genuine threat who occupies the defenders because of his ability to shoot low and hard.  He is so strong and can keep the ball.  A much better target man than I thought he would be.  He also, in stark contrast to Mouche, can see and make a pass. The pass down the wing to Nepo on Saturday was sublime.  It could be his lack of pace that has kept him out of the EFL but undoubtedly he is good enough.

Absolute tosh.

As poor an effort at ‘fishing’ that I’ve read in a long time. 

3 hours ago, Hands on said:

Mouche did what Mouche does which is to selfishly hold onto the ball when he should pass it.  Rowe free in the box and Mouche blasts the ball straight at the keeper.  He also, because he fails to pass when he should, gave Bradford a great chance to score which they squandered.  So no he was not my MoM - Sylla was for the second game running.  I suspect Mouche lacks the vision to do the right thing at the right time.  He could be a much better player and at least he wasn't his usual petulant self today.

Playing 4 4 2 with a spine of Zeus, Carl, Sylla & Rowe is what I think has made the difference.  Salford must think they have some great CBs if Carl is a reject and now Wheater looks interested again.  Sylla seems to have absorbed all the good positional play that McCann is so good at and stopped making stupid tackles - such an improved player.  Rowe is the icing on the top of the cake.  A striker with a genuine threat who occupies the defenders because of his ability to shoot low and hard.  He is so strong and can keep the ball.  A much better target man than I thought he would be.  He also, in stark contrast to Mouche, can see and make a pass. The pass down the wing to Nepo on Saturday was sublime.  It could be his lack of pace that has kept him out of the EFL but undoubtedly he is good enough.

Yes, but I think you miss an important detail is that whenever Smith gets on the ball he draws 2 players out to him , which gives space to Rowe to exploit for Mouache to move or Nepo in space . None of them yesterday would live with his pace and in my book he was my MOM  with Sylla. Missilou constantly keeps the ball too long and I would have McCann in for him all day long.

30 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Absolute tosh.

As poor an effort at ‘fishing’ that I’ve read in a long time. 

People are allowed a different view. . 

He couldn’t get in our starting 11. He’s a luxury player that can obviously play, but equally goes missing in action. If we saw his best game more often I don’t think anyone would argue. But we don’t. So we do. I can see what people like about him, but I think it’s equally fair to highlight his very obvious flaws. He’s 1 game in 5 man, which for a player of his ability is nowhere near good enough. 

4 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

As good as we played yesterday, and we were very good, it just shows what a poor league this is. 

A decent settled, well organised side with a striker who scores regularly and a fairly tight defence is a shoe-in for promotion ( powers that be take note ! ). 

same for the division above

17 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

same for the division above

Nah. Before we came to this league I always thought it was much of a muchness in terms of quality. League one is Rolls Royce in comparison. It wouldn’t take much to get out of this division imo. However in the ‘fantasy’ of the league above there are always a couple of really good sides and a couple of ‘big clubs’. 

45 minutes ago, League one forever said:

He couldn’t get in our starting 11. He’s a luxury player that can obviously play, but equally goes missing in action. If we saw his best game more often I don’t think anyone would argue. But we don’t. So we do. I can see what people like about him, but I think it’s equally fair to highlight his very obvious flaws. He’s 1 game in 5 man, which for a player of his ability is nowhere near good enough. 

Yes but his point was based solely on his performance yesterday where he basically said he was a bag of shit. He wasn't. He played very well

On 2/1/2020 at 1:58 PM, deyres42 said:

From what I gather he was told on Monday it was either that or the sack.

Surprised at this. Because I thought it would of been Mo insisting on this 1 up front nonsense. With lacovitti and azackpoo in the starting 11. Maybe Dino stood up to him after the Salford match. 

4 hours ago, League one forever said:

People have been saying "he only plays like this 1 game in 5" about 3 games out of 5 that he plays. Which for L2 is better than most. 

He got a bad rep last season, and whatever he does this season people won't let that go. 

9 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

People have been saying "he only plays like this 1 game in 5" about 3 games out of 5 that he plays. Which for L2 is better than most. 

He got a bad rep last season, and whatever he does this season people won't let that go. 

People will never admit it. It’s cos he’s a Jonny foreigner. Simple as that. 

59 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Fans have their favourites and some see none of their faults.

Fans have their boo-boys and see all of them and then some !

When Maouche plays like he did yesterday he's very good - other times he looks disinterested.

Danny Rowe has the most uninterested body language I've ever seen.

On 2/1/2020 at 10:09 PM, Dick_Valentine said:

Fancy Crewe away now after hearing about the last two performances, problem is I’ve only gone and booked myself into Edinburgh for the weekend for the egg chasing. Credit where it’s due though, sounds like we gave those Yorkies a right towelling today and a little bit of pay back for what happened in Bratfud earlier in the season. 

I think it time to knock the egg chasing on the head..Swallow your pride and get yourself down to gresty Road 🤣🤣

14 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Yes but his point was based solely on his performance yesterday where he basically said he was a bag of shit. He wasn't. He played very well

I didn't say he was a bag of shit.  I pointed out that his failure to pass the ball when to do so would have resulted in much easier chances on goal and his loss of the ball, because he doesn't pass when he should, gave them their best chance of the game.  He has lots of skill but fails to remember he is part of a team.  He can be very good but the good is outweighed by the bad in what is after all a team game.

Johnny Smith has been one of our best and now that Rowe is occupying the defence he not only makes his own space but also has space to run into.  We look set for a good run.

12 hours ago, SweeperKeeper said:

He’s playing consistently much better this season than last.

He’s not giving away the ball in dangerous areas. he’s defending more doggedly, yet he’s cut out the rash tackles in dangerous areas, and he’s putting far more effort into his game. I put this down to Dino’s influence with him and ALMO.

Having said that his poor press last season was well earned and I’ve yet to see him put in a full shift in an away game.

6 hours ago, Frankies6 said:

I think it time to knock the egg chasing on the head..Swallow your pride and get yourself down to gresty Road 🤣🤣

Ha ha, Latics are always my number one. I do like a bit of kick & clap though and I’ve been following England for twenty years. First time in Edinburgh for the Calcutta cup though, should be a bit tasty. 
To be honest when I applied for the tickets in September, Crewe away easily looked like the 2nd best option this weekend. Anyway, cheer on those beautiful blue bastards to three points will ya. 

Archived