Forest Green (H)

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

....and as ever, one continues on ones endless pursuit to try and look clever but really one just looks like the second biggest twat on here. Oh Magister, lets meet up, suck each other off and spend ages forming posts where we misspell medium sized words in an attempt to look super clever then leave and set up new accounts that last about three posts before it becomes obvious.

Bit personal that pal, leave it out will ya 🙄

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

Bit personal that pal, leave it out will ya 🙄

Monty - you've often misinterpreted my posts - no idea about Magister's and I honestly don't want to suck any part of his anatomy.

My plebeians and patricians comment was simply to illustrate that "if there's one thing that history teaches us... it's that history never teaches us." i.e. the masses usually squabble between themselves, whilst the rulers have a smirk over their "divide and rule" policies. Only when the masses occasionally come together, do they occasionally succeed.

Nothing derogatory about the term "pleb" whatsoever (certainly not in my book). It's hardly my fault that you misinterpret so often is it? (perhaps it's a social media thing because context and tone of speech is absent).

I await your usual insulting reply - you may note I never personally insult you - it's not my style.

14 hours ago, Gary1906 said:

I don’t think Mills has been a crap signing at all. He’s a good solid performer. If we had a few more as consistent as him we’d be better off.

Come on Gary - he's as bog standard as it comes.

Is this how low we've sunk that he's seen as a "good, solid performer"?

I'm fine to keep him around as he can be average in several different positions but we need to be signing far better quality even to get out of this shit league. 

4 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I'm fine to keep him around as he can be average in several different positions but we need to be signing far better quality even to get out of this shit league. 

Where have you been Harry?

Have you forgot who runs us?

By that reckoning, are any of the current Squad THAT good for promotion. The answer is no. Want we want and where we are are two very different things, so yes- as depressing as it is, Mills is a good solid performer for ‘our level’ -and yes that means trying to stay in the football league. 

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Where have you been Harry?

Have you forgot who runs us?

By that reckoning, are any of the current Squad THAT good for promotion. The answer is no. Want we want and where we are are two very different things, so yes- as depressing as it is, Mills is a good solid performer for ‘our level’ -and yes that means trying to stay in the football league. 

Oldham fans being totally detached from reality? Surely not.

7 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

From what I've seen this season Mills is exactly the type of player we need to form the basis of a promotion squad.

Obviously we'd need 2 or 3 "marque" type signings to put a bit of gloss on the team but you really don't need to be that special to escape this dire league.

A good team spirit and a decently organised team could even see this lot in a play-off position next season with a couple of additions and a manager who picks the players and formation we all know should be starting.

What we don't need is a bunch of sulky prima donnas not passing to better positioned players and spitting their dummies out when things don't go their way.

Sad as it is the league we find ourselves in is made for grafters not artisans ! 

1 hour ago, Bobledgersheart said:

to form the basis of a promotion squad.

Obviously we'd need 2 or 3 "marque" type signings to put a bit of gloss on the team but you really don't need to be that special to escape this dire league.

A good team spirit and a decently organised team could even see this lot in a play-off position next season with a couple of additions and a manager who picks the players and formation we all know should be starting.

I honestly do admire your optimism, Bob but when you examine the footballing facts (i.e. ignoring the off field stuff), it's very hard not to be thoroughly depressed about Latics.

17/18 - we won 11 games in 46 and were relegated

18/19 - we won 16 games in 46 and were 14th in the 4th division

19/20 - we've won a mere 8 in 34 thus far

9 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

I honestly do admire your optimism, Bob but when you examine the footballing facts (i.e. ignoring the off field stuff), it's very hard not to be thoroughly depressed about Latics.

I'm as depressed as any bugger who posts on here it's just that it doesn't take much to get promoted out of this God-forsaken league.

It just needs a massive attitude change from the powers that be and manager, staff and players doing their jobs, and if they can't change their attitude, then change them !

2 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

From what I've seen this season Mills is exactly the type of player we need to form the basis of a promotion squad.

What we don't need is a bunch of sulky prima donnas not passing to better positioned players and spitting their dummies out when things don't go their way.

Sad as it is the league we find ourselves in is made for grafters not artisans ! 

You can graft as much as you want but if your goalkeeper can’t catch or your winger can’t cross a ball or you don’t have somebody who  can score you will achieve nothing .  Running about only gets you so far. Segbe  bless him being a prime example of the limitations of work rate vis  a vis ability

38 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Not to mention our stellar League Cup, and Checkatrade records

On 2/17/2020 at 2:32 PM, wiseowl said:

We obviously didn't appreciate what a tremendous seaon 18/19 was. 

17 hours ago, BP1960 said:

We obviously didn't appreciate what a tremendous seaon 18/19 was. 

Yep - the footballing facts since the new regime came in are pretty sobering reading, BP. We don't really focus on them too much because of all the other stuff going on.

Archived