Forest Green (H)

Awful conditions didn’t expect a good game  that’s what we got  Missilou was woeful as was Borthwick-Jackson. Nepo and smith not on it either Rowe has to drop to deep for the ball  all the time we ain’t playing him right  saying that we lost the midfield battle all game  so he had to . Dino tactics again come into question when we went into the lead  thank god the season is coming to an end 

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

what were you hoping for?

Think they had 1 point from the previous 6. We should have gone at them. Dino handed them the advantage by playing 2 wide men, meaning they could boss the midfield. Shouldn't have started with Nepo in hindsight, rather have had Sylla in with McCann and Missilou.

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

We played 2 upfront for the whole game When Dearnley came off Maouche came on and went up top and we were shit which somewhat blows out the water that 2 upfront is the magic formula to our problems.

It wasn't a case of us going 1 up and sitting back we sat back from minute 1 Carl Winchester was allowed to stroke the ball around the pitch. We didn't  press at all well so we didn't interrupt their game. When we got the ball we didn't make the best use of it. Woods did better than what De la paz would have done and the conditions were difficult but it was horrific performance. 

That being said why is he playing a midfielder up top instead of a forward? It should have been Wilson coming not Maouche. If he is playing 2 up top, why not sub a forward for a forward? 

2 hours ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

How did we play? Draw fair result? I presume they were no better than the usual shite this league has to offer!

in particular, how did woods do, especially dealing with crosses?

i presume Hamer played centre half, any better there?

whats the balance in midfield like, who looks the better bet to partner  McCann?

Cheers

p.s. My guess is that dinos next deflection tactic is ‘we’re becoming hard to beat home’.

We made them look good. Check the possession stats, particularly first half, allowed them to grow in confidence. Saying that they didn't really look like scoring. If ZDLP had played, we'd probably have shipped 2 or 3, but Woods did well. Centre backs were ok - not much passing ability, but meh, league two.

Missilou was pretty poor, and Sylla not much better when he came on.

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

We played 2 upfront for the whole game When Dearnley came off Maouche came on and went up top and we were shit which somewhat blows out the water that 2 upfront is the magic formula to our problems.

It wasn't a case of us going 1 up and sitting back we sat back from minute 1 Carl Winchester was allowed to stroke the ball around the pitch. We didn't  press at all well so we didn't interrupt their game. When we got the ball we didn't make the best use of it. Woods did better than what De la paz would have done and the conditions were difficult but it was horrific performance. 

1 hour ago, bluehobbit said:

Fgr like to pass it around and we chased shadows in first gear for most of the first half. Like us fgr's final ball was poor and they were open at the back. Dearnly and Smith both had decent efforts. 

2nf half we were a bit better at pressuring them and we score.. Dino who must be a complete clown makes the same mistake as he does most weeks and takes a striker off and leaves Rowe isolated.. they hit the bar and eventually because we have no one to hold the ball up for us get an equaliser. Probably  a fair result not sure how Nepo doesn't shoot late on...

But make no mistake, yet again its crap negative tactics from the manager that have cost us. Fgr were not physical, they knocked it around well but not always with end product and frequently moved into poor areas... we could have seen them off but by taking Dearnly off and not replacing him we left them room to play amd gave them time. 

Ive been jury out on Dino....If he went tomorrow we wouldn't miss him. Hes rubbish.

Comments above suggest it was 1 up front after substitutions. 

37 minutes ago, Canada_latic said:

That's baffling. You would of thought like for like subs. What did Wilson do to Dino? 

Dino doesn’t like him..simple. Same with woods he doesn’t like him but hand was forced on that one after Zeus recent performances. Another 2 he didn’t like, Eagles and Morais. Shame...he can’t seem to separate his opinion of someone to their ability to do a job on the pitch!

Ego driven manager...

35 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Deluded Dino at the end of his interview just said....

”We are a good team”

He’s an insecure, coward and needs to go tonight. I genuinely don’t know if he’s just thick or he thinks he’s kidding everyone. 

Constantly reminds us that he’s moved to the area, like he’s doing us a favour. 

He’s still not even worked out his best team. 

Too busy admiring the fact that ‘we’re in a better position than when he took over’. I genuinely don’t even know if he believes the bollocks he spouts or if he’s just on a wind up. 

12 minutes ago, super_blue said:

Dino doesn’t like him..simple. Same with woods he doesn’t like him but hand was forced on that one after Zeus recent performances. Another 2 he didn’t like, Eagles and Morais. Shame...he can’t seem to separate his opinion of someone to their ability to do a job on the pitch!

Ego driven manager...

He doesn’t like Sylla. Either that or he drops him for no reason coz he’s an easy target. 

1 hour ago, Canada_latic said:

Comments above suggest it was 1 up front after substitutions. 

Hes wrong Maouche went upfront.

52 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I really don’t get why Maouche (who’s scored fewer goals in his whole career than Wilson did in this league last season) gets the nod ahead of Wilson up front every single game. 

Wilson isn't much cop thats why watch his performances early this season the whole squad is garbage. With the exception of about 5 players.

10 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Or because Sylla is shit.

5 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Hes wrong Maouche went upfront.

Wilson isn't much cop thats why watch his performances early this season the whole squad is garbage. With the exception of about 5 players.

He’s not shit.

which 5 out of interest? 

8 minutes ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

He’s not shit.

which 5 out of interest? 

Yes he is he's shit. If he isn't I'm sure he will have a host of admirers in the summer like he did in January.

The 5 Wheater, Hamer, McCann, Smith Rowe. I'll actually include Dearnley as well 6.

The rest can all fuck off in the summer.

1 hour ago, Canada_latic said:

That being said why is he playing a midfielder up top instead of a forward? It should have been Wilson coming not Maouche. If he is playing 2 up top, why not sub a forward for a forward? 

Maouche created the best chance of the game when he was on

1 hour ago, oafcmetty said:

Nah Maouche was defo supposed to be playing up top with Rowe

You can put anyone up front doesnt mean it's two up, wht put a lite weight poor midfielder up front? when u have a natural replacement who has scored at this level on the bench 

25 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Yes he is he's shit. If he isn't I'm sure he will have a host of admirers in the summer like he did in January.

The 5 Wheater, Hamer, McCann, Smith Rowe. I'll actually include Dearnley as well 6.

The rest can all fuck off in the summer.

Not sure I agree with judging a players ability by the amount of teams trying to sign him is the best logic but each to their own.

i don’t disagree with those you named bar hamer. I don’t think he’s good enough.

I’d also add a few of the foreign lads to the list aswell. 

Archived