Forest Green (H)

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

Not sure I agree with judging a players ability by the amount of teams trying to sign him is the best logic but each to their own.

i don’t disagree with those you named bar hamer. I don’t think he’s good enough.

I’d also add a few of the foreign lads to the list aswell. 

No the foreign lads are shit they will be 1st out of the door if it was upto me.

Forest Green looked a well organised League 2 side. They were tidy on the ball and played some decent stuff. They did have the better of the possession and the game, bringing two or three excellent saves from Woods which kept us in it.

Like one or two other teams to BP they stretched the play, using two wide men and were quick to break through the middle too. Defensively they closed us down quickly.

Latics in contrast had too many players having an off day. Smith and Missilou being the main culprits with Rowe and Dearnley fading badly in the latter stages of the match. McCann did not seem to have much creative impact though he did work hard and led by example with his closing down of the opposition. 

Rowe cuts a frustrated figure and I agree with others on this Forum that he is simply not being used properly or being given the ball quickly enough in the right areas of the pitch. On two or three occasions Smith was slow to release the ball and today was definitely the poorest display I have seen from our wonderful loanee winger.

Maouche was classy in the little time he had on the pitch and his through ball for Nepo late on should have been despatched for the winner. Woods had a good game and Mills was the best of the back four.

The weather conditions were atrocious with a swirling, icy wind and driving rain which made it difficult for both teams. And a final shout out to the ground staff yet again - the playing surface was excellent.

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Forest Green popped the ball around well, but they struggled without a notable front man - you could see that they're missing Doidge from last season.

We weren't great at all...

Spot on.

Left BP frustrated again, Nepo should have finished it in injury time .... to snatch an improbable victory

We were chasing the game first half, Chris McCann is a very tidy player but needs support, if Morais is still at the club he would be a far better partner than any we saw today.

The absence of tackles suggests some instruction from Dino to avoid 'silly' bookings.

Second half marginally better, Jonny Smith wasn't his sparkling best as others have commented, but didn't have much help.

Dearnley is bright, deserves to keep his place, didn't link up brilliantly with Rowe but they both are required to drop deep to find the ball.

Credit to Woods for a good performance, Mills toiled away in defence and had the desire to run at FGR.

The neysayers like to give Wheater stick, but we lacked any confidence at the back today, Pidge is a good player, better when Wheater is there, so to Tom Hamer.

4 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Hes wrong Maouche went upfront.

Wilson isn't much cop thats why watch his performances early this season the whole squad is garbage. With the exception of about 5 players.

Azankpo is much worse but he was getting picked every match up until recently.

Wilson scored 11 goals last season in this division, playing alongside another striker. In the few games that he started earlier in the season he was up front on his own.

Surely now we’ve got Rowe up there he deserves another chance?

Alright Dearnley is probably ahead of him but he should at least be being used as a substitute when we need another striking option.

i reckon Wilson has had a very raw deal considering how many games and opportunities Azankpo has had this season.

4 hours ago, Gary1906 said:

Azankpo is much worse but he was getting picked every match up until recently.

Wilson scored 11 goals last season in this division, playing alongside another striker. In the few games that he started earlier in the season he was up front on his own.

Surely now we’ve got Rowe up there he deserves another chance?

Alright Dearnley is probably ahead of him but he should at least be being used as a substitute when we need another striking option.

i reckon Wilson has had a very raw deal considering how many games and opportunities Azankpo has had this season.

Agree with this. Been saying this for a while once your in the bad books for whatever reason seems like your chances disappear. I Do think he could easily get double figures for us. 

8 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Leave it. Shez is finished. 

Id like to see how this season played out if Maamria was replaced by Muzza and Mo Lemsagam was banned from the club until the summer.  Leave Muzza to train, select and dictate tactics.

54 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Id like to see how this season played out if Maamria was replaced by Muzza and Mo Lemsagam was banned from the club until the summer.  Leave Muzza to train, select and dictate tactics.

Yes. I know people love to slag off various players, but that group is easily good enough for a top half finish in this dire league.  

19 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Doesn’t seem right to me at all.  18 shots to our 6!?  

2 hours ago, Midsblue said:

I’d like to see Muzza get a chance..

27 minutes ago, League one forever said:

If/when we stay up. Would you give Dino the chop in the summer, or give him a chance to cull the squad and start with more of ‘his’ players next year? 

I for one thought he would be good dino I mean his interviews to start were refreshing and filled us with hope. But he is clueless need a new manager to take us foward badly 

15 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

No the foreign lads are shit they will be 1st out of the door if it was upto me.

BREXIT MEANS BREXIT

Nepo, Missilou and Sylla have been some of our most consistent performers for the past couple of seasons. We’ve had plenty of British players who were worse than those three 

Dino has developed a style of play which invites pressure.  I was told FGR forced us back but that simply isn't right we gave them space and they equalized with an uncontested shot from outside the box.

Rowe is looking lethargic and I suspects wonders what he is doing here.  He needs a strike partner who goes further up the field.  Mouche should have replaced Missilou.  Dearnley didn't want to come off.  Sylla didn't seem to know what his role was.

A draw, which should have been a win (Nepo fuckwit), flattered us.

At the rate we are going the first team will soon be sharing Seal Park!

25 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

BREXIT MEANS BREXIT

Nepo, Missilou and Sylla have been some of our most consistent performers for the past couple of seasons. We’ve had plenty of British players who were worse than those three 

Perhaps them being our most consistent players is in itself consistent with us being consistently bottom half of bottom division?

7 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Perhaps them being our most consistent players is in itself consistent with us being consistently bottom half of bottom division?

Perhaps, but there’s a section of our support who seem intent to blame our current predicament on “foreigners” and it doesn’t sit right with me. Nepo had the third most assists in the division last season I think, yet he’s a “shit foreigner”.

11 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Perhaps, but there’s a section of our support who seem intent to blame our current predicament on “foreigners” and it doesn’t sit right with me. Nepo had the third most assists in the division last season I think, yet he’s a “shit foreigner”.

Absolutely .....I still have not had a response as to whether Pidge counts as a foreigner or is it just.........

58 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

BREXIT MEANS BREXIT

I voted remain and think Brexit is naive fantasy.

Where do you want us to be next season what should we be aiming at? 16th17th in league 2 fine keep them here. If we want to get back to league 1 these players won't get us there. its as simple as that. Its nothing to do with their passports.

I've named 6 players that I think could form part of promotion chasing squad next season I'll add another in Piergianni so 7 but its unlikely Johnny Smith will be here so that takes us back down to 6. Dino has said next season we should be aiming at promotion next season so we need a mammoth clear out and atleast 15 new signings about 8-9 of which need to be starters.

None of those three are consistently good enough to be in a promotion chasing side in this division. It has nothing to do with their nationality and everything to do with the fact they are not good enough footballers. If they are better players within our side, therein lies the problem.

I don’t believe they are some of the better players in this squad though. Rowe, Smith, Wheater, Pidge and McCann are all much better. 

I could not give two hoots where any of our players are from if they get us promotion. But if those three are regulars, we won’t be competing at the top end of this league. 

Archived