Season over? How would you plan for next season starting now?

I would send all the players who fold under pressure packing/garden leave.  It isn't the back four.  It is both goal keepers, a cardboard cut out would have done better at Exeter, and all the French speakers apart from Sylla.  I would play 4 4 2 or 4 3 3 until the end of this season.

I hope Blitz puts us into administration sooner rather than later as without ALMO even with the 12 points deduction this squad has a good shot at keeping us in the EFL.  If ALMO are still here next season there is no future.

1 minute ago, Hands on said:

I hope Blitz puts us into administration sooner rather than later as without ALMO even with the 12 points deduction this squad has a good shot at keeping us in the EFL.  If ALMO are still here next season there is no future.

Interesting point.

In the absence of any other credible alternative (and they are all looking less and less likely to come to fruition as time passes by) you are right in saying that Administration asap might well be the most prudent way forward. Take the points deduction this time and we'll still, more than likely, hold on to our league status.

Take a 12 point hit next season - could well spell the death knell as a league club.

Sad times but I think most people can now probably see this is only going one way.

1 hour ago, RobinsDuckEgg said:

Think I'd change that a bit and say I live here because I always was optimistic.😀 Most days we take a walk down to Sabinillas, only about 2K from my house.

You can't be far from Casares del Sol, we've got a place there. Great part of the world. Do you know the gin shack between CdS and Sabinillas? A must-visit if not!

9 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Admin might not necessarily resolve the issue of ground ownership, I wouldn't be looking at it as a get out of jail card...

Agree - but think about it.

Blitz isn't going to piss on his chips is he? He (or another) could buy the "club element" from the Administrator - THEN bring everything under one umbrella (probably realises now that the current fragmented ownership is unhelpful) and sell THE WHOLE LOT to a better owner (hopefully).

Perfectly feasible.

4 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

I'm in Estepona in April.

Any local teams worth taking in? 

I've checked if Urko's new side are in the area but they're playing in the North for the duration.... 

Marbella (only ½ hour drive ) are currently top of 2B division Group 4 and look like going up. They have home games on the 12th against Badajoz and on the 26th against Cadiz B.

I don’t go as I don’t like the stadium which has a running track around the pitch.

Estepona has a spanking new stadium but the standard of football is worse than pub league, and they play in red.

Urko is currently at Guijuelo currently 3 points above the relegation zone in 2B division Group 2. They’re at home on the 5th and 19th.

Take you about 4 1/2 hours gunning it a bit but the road is good and light traffic (compared with UK). Worth going just to feast on the local ham.

If you decide to go to any of the games check first – they sometimes change days and kickoff times.

2 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

You can't be far from Casares del Sol, we've got a place there. Great part of the world. Do you know the gin shack between CdS and Sabinillas? A must-visit if not!

Walk past your place most days then. I live in Buenas Noches virtually just across the road.

Archived