30 Years ago today...

8 hours ago, oafc 123 said:

Im sure people just keep putting the same stories on here, year after year.

It's 30 years ago now lads. It's time to forget and move on.

I’m thirty years older than I was then and the memory is somewhat foggy nowadays... and I can honestly say that I have never heard any of the stories posted in this thread before.

What is the thread about btw? 😊

41 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I’m thirty years older than I was then and the memory is somewhat foggy nowadays... and I can honestly say that I have never heard any of the stories posted in this thread before.

What is the thread about btw? 😊

I've heard the slept in the car story before and the being intimidated in the west ham end before. However oafc 123 only just joined... but sounds like kig. 

9 hours ago, oafc 123 said:

Sort of agree with parts of this. 

I don’t have a problem with reminiscing, it was before my time but I could talk all day about the 2007 (I think) play off season.

what I have noticed on this topic though is a lot of the people commenting are the same people who post arsey comments when someone tries to put a positive spin on any of the current players, especially the foreign ones. Now I’m not accusing anyone of that before it all goes off. All I’m saying is subconsciously you want that team back who you are proud of and rightly so. I think a lot of these posters find it difficult to praise a section of the current squad as they have the benchmark set a lot higher. My long winded point is just because you’ve seen better latics teams, it doesn’t necessarily mean you know more when it comes to judging players or your opinion matters more.   Times have changed, the club has changed and a lot of the younger posters on here have only seen shit in comparison.  

Im not trying to cause a massive debate here,  im just making a point. 

11 hours ago, oafc 123 said:

I doubt you'll be saying that about Fulham, but let's rejoice about Exeter 5 Oldham1.

I think the point oafc123 makes here is that we can't live in the past, which is fair enough we can't we've all got to move forward in life.

However we can still visit the past and we can reminisce. Everyone has an individual story about this which is why I started the thread so I quite like reading the personal viewpoints in this such as sleeping in a Vauxhall nova on clayton playing fields car park or someone rushing to the phone box during a date to call clubcall. It makes the whole thing seem so much more human. Its what makes supporting a club like us so great.

While I listen to my Liverpool supporting mates who like to tell us how wonderful Mo Salah is from the comfort of their armchair they don't have these individual stories which are so fun.

2 hours ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

Sort of agree with parts of this. 

I don’t have a problem with reminiscing, it was before my time but I could talk all day about the 2007 (I think) play off season.

what I have noticed on this topic though is a lot of the people commenting are the same people who post arsey comments when someone tries to put a positive spin on any of the current players, especially the foreign ones. Now I’m not accusing anyone of that before it all goes off. All I’m saying is subconsciously you want that team back who you are proud of and rightly so. I think a lot of these posters find it difficult to praise a section of the current squad as they have the benchmark set a lot higher. My long winded point is just because you’ve seen better latics teams, it doesn’t necessarily mean you know more when it comes to judging players or your opinion matters more.   Times have changed, the club has changed and a lot of the younger posters on here have only seen shit in comparison.  

Im not trying to cause a massive debate here,  im just making a point. 

“ in comparison”     .....you could have stopped the sentence 2 words earlier?

Archived