Season Ticket Early Bird Prices Frozen Again!

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Debit card wouldn't protect the purchase. Credit card is the only way any scab should consider purchasing their season ticket.

You are correct in one thing you say and incorrect in two others.

It is correct that Credit Card purchases are protected under section 75.

You are incorrect in regard to Debit cards. Visa, Mastercard & Amex have a scheme called Chargeback which provides purchase protection on Debit card payments if you don’t receive the goods. It’s not a legal protection but is provided at the discretion of these companies. However It must be invoked within 120 days of your purchase or payment for service.

You are also incorrect in your use of the term ‘scab’. 

13 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

You are incorrect in regard to Debit cards. Visa, Mastercard & Amex have a scheme called Chargeback which provides purchase protection on Debit card payments if you don’t receive the goods. It’s not a legal protection but is provided at the discretion of these companies. However It must be invoked within 120 days of your purchase or payment for service.

Debit cards don't all offer that protection. Also the process to claim back via that system is lengthy. You'd have to shell out again should the club be in a position to continue in the league.

Safe to say anyone giving money to AL for next season is a scab. Even the slowest of Oldham fans can now see what a shambles we are. No excuses at this point. 

On 2/25/2020 at 8:36 PM, Clifford said:

Debit cards don't all offer that protection. Also the process to claim back via that system is lengthy. You'd have to shell out again should the club be in a position to continue in the league.

Safe to say anyone giving money to AL for next season is a scab. Even the slowest of Oldham fans can now see what a shambles we are. No excuses at this point. 

Please stop using the word scab, fans are not oafc trade union members and can decide for themselves if they want to attend matches or not without such derogatory  language.

5 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

5 hours ago, Haribo_man said:

We did indeed, think we hit the £50 refund mark although I could be wrong

2 hours ago, al_bro said:

I don't remember us doing it, but Rochdale tried it.

Hartlepool also did it, season tickets ended up being £100 but they ended up with very few home POTD as a result. 

Think they went down that season. 

3 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Hartlepool also did it, season tickets ended up being £100 but they ended up with very few home POTD as a result. 

Think they went down that season. 

Didn’t we do an offer where it was £50 for games won? Think we could have got £150 back. Sure it was that rather than based on season ticket sales

26 minutes ago, boshell4eng said:

Didn’t we do an offer where it was £50 for games won? Think we could have got £150 back. Sure it was that rather than based on season ticket sales

We did both. The number sold was a fair few years ago and I don’t think we hit the numbers. 

11 hours ago, boshell4eng said:

Yes...ST were £350 that season but 4 successive home games were chosen and for every win £50 was deducted. We had been on a poor run prior to the offer but actually won 3 of the 4 chosen games. I paid only £200 for my ST the following season.

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

Yes...ST were £350 that season but 4 successive home games were chosen and for every win £50 was deducted. We had been on a poor run prior to the offer but actually won 3 of the 4 chosen games. I paid only £200 for my ST the following season.

I remembered partial details correctly then!

On 2/25/2020 at 8:18 PM, TheBigDog said:

If I remember, the s75 credit card protection only works for the primary card holder. If, for example, you and your spouse have joint credit cards and the secondary card holder orders the goods/service in his/her name on the card, he/she isn't protected.

"once the Early Bird period ends 125 supporters who have renewed or bought will be picked at random to be given a complimentary season ticket for the following season (2021/22). This effectively means 125 supporters will get two seasons for the price of one."

Might buy one actually - got to be decent odds of getting two seasons for the price of one now (if they're honoured!)

7 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

"once the Early Bird period ends 125 supporters who have renewed or bought will be picked at random to be given a complimentary season ticket for the following season (2021/22). This effectively means 125 supporters will get two seasons for the price of one."

Might buy one actually - got to be decent odds of getting two seasons for the price of one now (if they're honoured!)

Somewhere around 1 in 20. 

21 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

I've seen how many we've sold so far :chubb:

I'm basing it on what we sold last season. Given various pay days I doubt we would have sold 20% of what we will sell after 1 week. 

Even so 1 in 20 (or less) is still fairly decent odds if it isn't a 'fixed' draw. I'd wager some of the lucky winners have already been decided. 

Archived