Season Ticket Early Bird Prices Frozen Again!

25 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

Buying my ST tomorrow. I’ll be going to more than enough matches to make it worthwhile. I haven’t boycotted this season and won’t next. I understand why some people feel that it’s the right thing to do but I’m still in the 3000 or so that still attend.  Each to his own but I’d rather have a club with money coming in 

And if things go pear shaped, credit card protection would kick in.

Pretty sure there won’t be 3000 of you next season. 

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rather foolish me thinks to buy a service from an entity that has an adjourned administration hanging over it.  I would have a close look at the credit card protection to ensure it applies to these circumstances.  My choice is to wait until the last possible moment on All Fools' Day before taking the plunge - we should know if things are going well by 26th March.

By "going well" I mean what is going to happen - it is not a judgement on what might happen.

6 hours ago, BP1960 said:

A problem is many havent got a credit card Pete and will reluctant to pay.cash or go through the debit card procedure 

I think I'll wait  6 weeks, even if it means missing out on an early bird offer.

I think the offer will be extended anyway.

Over 65s are only saving £20 (11%).

That's compared with non-concession adults who save £90 (25%). 

Like you I think the offer will be extended. 

Think anyone paying cash is asking for trouble. 

17 hours ago, LaticsPete said:

Buying my ST tomorrow. I’ll be going to more than enough matches to make it worthwhile. I haven’t boycotted this season and won’t next. I understand why some people feel that it’s the right thing to do but I’m still in the 3000 or so that still attend.  Each to his own but I’d rather have a club with money coming in 

And if things go pear shaped, credit card protection would kick in.

Putting aside everyone's own view of our predicament, why oh why would anyone be buying a season card NOW in the present circumstances? Defies all logic.

2 hours ago, wiseowl said:

Putting aside everyone's own view of our predicament, why oh why would anyone be buying a season card NOW in the present circumstances? Defies all logic.

Some people will be going to watch regardless of owner or division. Some people aren't bothered, they just want to watch the team.

30 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Some people will be going to watch regardless of owner or division. Some people aren't bothered, they just want to watch the team.

The point isn't about whether, it's about when. 

23 hours ago, Hands on said:

Rather foolish me thinks to buy a service from an entity that has an adjourned administration hanging over it.  I would have a close look at the credit card protection to ensure it applies to these circumstances.  My choice is to wait until the last possible moment on All Fools' Day before taking the plunge - we should know if things are going well by 26th March.

By "going well" I mean what is going to happen - it is not a judgement on what might happen.

I'm the same. If I renew it will be on the last day!

4 hours ago, League one forever said:

Because they see things differently to you? 

3 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Met 4 blokes in the pub, they are all buying one after the early bird has finished.

If you bothered to actually try and understand my post to which you respond, I did say "Putting aside everyone's own view..."

I run a conservatory business and I can sell you a lovely £10k one for £5k if you buy it now (and I`ll gladly take credit card payments). I`ll take your money and install it in a few months if that's okay? Oh, by the way I`ve got a few creditors snooping around and I may be declared insolvent pretty soon. But don't worry, honest I`m a good guy - and anyway you can always claim back from the credit card company. I await the queue of logical purchasers.

4 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

If you bothered to actually try and understand my post to which you respond, I did say "Putting aside everyone's own view..."

I run a conservatory business and I can sell you a lovely £10k one for £5k if you buy it now (and I`ll gladly take credit card payments). I`ll take your money and install it in a few months if that's okay? Oh, by the way I`ve got a few creditors snooping around and I may be declared insolvent pretty soon. But don't worry, honest I`m a good guy - and anyway you can always claim back from the credit card company. I await the queue of logical purchasers.

Jesus Christ. 

Right. I’ll explain slowly. Just for you. 

A lot don’t give a fuck about logic, optics, or any other business scenario you want to dream up. It’s highly patronising to suggest they don’t know what they’re doing when they hand over their cash. In addition a conservatory and love of a club is a shit analogy. One is practical, the other is extremely emotive for some. Fans have, are, and always will buy a season ticket, because all they care about is their football club.

It’s called Blind loyalty- where reason and logic go out of the window. 

So. Yes. Some people think very, very differently to you. 

Irrespective of what's going on off the pitch , more importantly what's happening on it.

Do you really want to buy a S/T with the same old borng shite we've had to endure for years.  Added to the fact that we have a tactically inept buffoon in the dug out.

I've been a S/T holder for 50  years, I have little knowledge or influence on what goes on internally. All I want is some enjoyable football to watch and Dino is not capable of delivering that.  I won't be renewing next season because enough is enough. 

9 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Right. I’ll explain slowly. Just for you.  

Aww thanks - sorry - I`m sometimes a bit dim when it comes to this sort of stuff. Please accept my sincere apology.

20 minutes ago, losesome said:

Irrespective of what's going on off the pitch , more importantly what's happening on it.

Do you really want to buy a S/T with the same old borng shite we've had to endure for years.  Added to the fact that we have a tactically inept buffoon in the dug out.

I've been a S/T holder for 50  years, I have little knowledge or influence on what goes on internally. All I want is some enjoyable football to watch and Dino is not capable of delivering that.  I won't be renewing next season because enough is enough. 

Because some fans think their is something heroic in blind loyalty. When in reality its exactly the reason like Lemsagam get involved in football clubs to exploit them.

21 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Because some fans think their is something heroic in blind loyalty. When in reality its exactly the reason like Lemsagam get involved in football clubs to exploit them.

Really? The exact reason? 

Well he hasn’t exploited them very well has he? In fact he’s awful at it. 😂 The blind loyalty are an ever dwindling number thanks to him.  

I’d wager he’s far more interested in the power/ego/kudos than he ever is of exploiting one’s £20 every other week. 

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

Really? The exact reason? 

Well he hasn’t exploited them very well has he? In fact he’s awful at it. 😂 The blind loyalty are an ever dwindling number thanks to him.  

I’d wager he’s far more interested in the power/ego/kudos than he ever is of exploiting one’s £20 every other week. 

Don't think he gets much kudos.

2 hours ago, wiseowl said:

Can I buy a French third rate one at more than the going rate, sit in it a little, then only use it occasionally, then sell it on for nothing without telling anyone? 

5 minutes ago, stevesidg said:

Can I buy a French third rate one at more than the going rate, sit in it a little, then only use it occasionally, then sell it on for nothing without telling anyone? 

Would that be a conservatoire?

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

I wonder if his Bank manager thinks this!! 

Archived