6 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

A quick summary of his wiki page...

- Bankruptcy

- Owned Watford for 13 months

- Took £1.5 million out that never went back in

- Found guilty of misconduct and was banned from football for 3 years

- Found that he owed previous Watford directors millions

- Bankruptcy again in 2014

- Disrupted the Bolton sale to no avail after failed attempt to purchase. 

But this is the EFL so he’ll probably sail through it. 

Yet another clown potentially taking over the wheel. Still firmly believe we need to change our ownership style.

Insanity is meant to be doing the same thing over and over again whilst expecting a different result. What we do, basically.

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

A quick summary of his wiki page...

- Bankruptcy

- Owned Watford for 13 months

- Took £1.5 million out that never went back in

- Found guilty of misconduct and was banned from football for 3 years

- Found that he owed previous Watford directors millions

- Bankruptcy again in 2014

- Disrupted the Bolton sale to no avail after failed attempt to purchase. 

But this is the EFL so he’ll probably sail through it. 

They've already rejected him for bolton because he had zero money so I doubt they'll even give him the time of day unless hes suddenly become rich again

9 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

....or Laurence Bassini is somehow involved...

If people think AL is a clown they ain't seen nothing yet.  This guy is Walter Mitty in a clown suit, wearing a mask, carrying a swag bag!

I cant believe this guy is about to be allowed to be involved so I'll put it down to social media rumour and mark it as not even a possibility for now.  The EFL aren't that stupid..... are they?

1 minute ago, andy_b_100 said:

What wouldnt suprise me in the least would be seeing Corney back as a babysitter for Blitz until the club as a whole is sold. 

To be honest Andy I'd be happy with that for starters.

AL and his clowns gone, club still in the EFL and maybe some constructive and consolidating new ownership discussions ongoing.

39 minutes ago, No Pyro No Party said:

Yet another clown potentially taking over the wheel. Still firmly believe we need to change our ownership style.

Insanity is meant to be doing the same thing over and over again whilst expecting a different result. What we do, basically.

Aren't there 7 circles of hell. A few to go yet. 

10 hours ago, rudemedic said:

They weren't just expenses and a few of the top players (your Will Carlings and Jeremy Guscotts) were professional in the amateur era. 

Half-time wasn't a minute either. 

Sport needs to evolve to its market. If you had said 20 years ago that the biggest boxing PPV buy rate was a fight between 2 minor celebrities you'd have been sectioned. The same way that you can be a professional e-sports player. 

The issue is that when football is run by old stuck in the mud white men with a hint of the lodge about them then football isn't going to evolve at the required rate. Eventually more and more clubs are going to go bust that something will need to be changed for England to sustain more than 2 professional leagues. 

I am talking of the 1950s, same with Olympic athletes who had main jobs outside the game (except perhaps some communist counties who often recruited from the armed forces).

I was there, were you?

Football of course wasn't often on live TV, now its saturated, again ruled by the greedy brigade.

Newspapers are the same, massive coverage of the PL with half page size photos of players while lower leagues reports are consigned to a bit in the corner of a page.

Yes I'm a  dinosaur..and liking it.

We aren't extinct as is popular belief and will rule the earth again. 😁

Just now, BP1960 said:

Football of course wasn't often on live TV, now its saturated

Yes I'm a  dinosaur..and liking it.

Bloody hell - I think I`m a dinosaur too BP 😀

I find Premiership football boring - genuinely. I can't even stomach Match of the Day any more - I just keep looking at the smug studio staff (Lineker, Shearer etc.) and thinking how on Earth can we pay these people masses of cash to state the bleeding obvious?!

I`ve spoken to lots and lots of "reds" in pubs who have never been to a game. We live in a strange world.

28 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

If people think AL is a clown they ain't seen nothing yet.  This guy is Walter Mitty in a clown suit, wearing a mask, carrying a swag bag!

I cant believe this guy is about to be allowed to be involved so I'll put it down to social media rumour and mark it as not even a possibility for now.  The EFL aren't that stupid..... are they?

Agreed..... although he wasn’t able to proceed with W@nky Wanderers because he couldn’t provide proof of funds.... not because he failed the FPPT?!?

5 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Agreed..... although he wasn’t able to proceed with W@nky Wanderers because he couldn’t provide proof of funds.... not because he failed the FPPT?!?

Frightening.

On 2/29/2020 at 6:16 PM, al_bro said:

13 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Keegan hasn’t said anything about Bassini. 

Exactly. He was seen the best part of eight weeks ago, and there's nothing concrete linking him to what's going on now.  Let's not panic just yet. 

But every time somebody says "I'll take any new owner, it can't get worse than the current owners" - remember this!

Archived