Administration

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keegan now saying that landlords still proceeding with admin hearing.

It's so strange to be in this position, but it feels like the best chance for a decent future for oafc lies in administration on Friday.

Maybe we should gather as many dodgy owners as possible and just play musical chairs to decide who gets to screw us over. Not sure if that's already the procedure in place by the EFL though.

13 minutes ago, WLYOWD said:

Can we organise crowd funding to help him buy Bolton

This is an underrated post.

4 hours ago, Londonboy said:

To be honest Andy I'd be happy with that for starters.

AL and his clowns gone, club still in the EFL and maybe some constructive and consolidating new ownership discussions ongoing.

yeah. Also recommended on this track, sending battered wives back to abusive husbands 'until they find a new guy.'

Fuckinell.

Surely Al must be questioning how much longer he’s willing to fund us? I mean let’s say he pays Blitz what he’s owed on Friday to stave off Admin. The fans are still going to be protesting with their feet, not buying season tickets, and remain unwilling to hand over any money under his control.

Whats the point? What’s in it for him really?

2 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

Surely Al must be questioning how much longer he’s willing to fund us? I mean let’s say he pays Blitz what he’s owed on Friday to stave off Admin. The fans are still going to be protesting with their feet, not buying season tickets, and remain unwilling to hand over any money under his control.

Whats the point? What’s in it for him really?

Absolutely nothing if viewed objectively but loss of face is much less desireable in some cultures.

On 3/3/2020 at 10:38 AM, wiseowl said:

An interesting point and I agree that something different needs to be done. 

There is no doubt the UK has lurched ever more towards capitalism. Greed (and "me" "me") has become the norm and was cemented during the Thatcher years. Our sense of community and caring for others has generally diminished. Greed has a lot to answer for - just look at football players for some of the worst examples on the planet. Yet, as a society, we encourage our children to hero worship them! Should we be surprised at what we have created, both in football and society generally?

I made a vow never to subscribe to Sky in any format when it became involved in football - and to this day I haven't. If a pub is showing sky football, I walk out. Now, you may say that's a bit extreme but we do have choices. Unfortunately too many end up contributing to the very things that (indirectly) are destroying the things they profess to love.

Looking to the future, I think lower league football will inevitably go full circle i.e. regionalised lower leagues and perhaps semi-professional players.

Meanwhile "football fans" will continue to pour into (Sky TV) pubs in their team's colours and continue contributing to the obscene wages of many semi-literate young men who happen to be good at kicking a ball about (I accept some are more than semi-literate, but you get the point?).

I agree with a lot of your football points wiseowl, if not the political ones. At one level yes of course footballers are probably overpaid and no doubt the deluge of money that has swamped the top level of the game has corrupted it, possibly beyond repair. 

You can’t blame top level players though for making the most of what can be a very short career. And I’m not sure what the relevance is of their level of literacy.

2 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

I reckon AL will pay.

So do I.......unfortunately, given his decision making so far and the way he operates there is not a chance this wont drag on, unless he literally doesn't have a pot to piss in.

So,according to the Talksport thing, Bassini has  a pot of £25 million given to him by His Pal Sullivan.

He then claims to have  £7 million of his own available, i am thinking " hmm,bloke may be a knob but he is a knob with £32 million burning a hole in his sky rocket"

Welcome Laurence, don't forget your hat and scarf,it's brass monkeys here ! oh and make your first bit of business sacking everyone in a directorial or managerial role.  :chubb: 

Can just imagine it. Bassini takes over and Abdallah goes back, officially, to his old agents job/business. I wonder who Bassini would use to help bring players in then. Still be stuck with Abdallahs shite.

I pray to god its not true/doesnt work out!

2 hours ago, Mickey Quinn's testicles said:

Same here. Hardly ever watch Match of the Day, I don't watch Champions league etc. I find it all very bland and boring. Supporting a big team seems to be akin to supporting a big corporation like Apple and getting excited when they release a new phone. The big teams are often bank rolled by owners linked to regimes with appalling human rights records e.g City. Of course I'm influenced by the shite team I support and would be a massive hypocrite if we somehow found a billionaire with dodgy morals of our own who took us up the leagues. As this isn't going to happen, my vote is for being fan owned and starting again (if that is possible and we can keep the ground...)

I've realised, in later life, that I'm not particularly a big football fan anymore. I just like drinking on trains.

47 minutes ago, Oafc88 said:

Can just imagine it. Bassini takes over and Abdallah goes back, officially, to his old agents job/business. I wonder who Bassini would use to help bring players in then. Still be stuck with Abdallahs shite.

I pray to god its not true/doesnt work out!

Did you see the 'shite' that won 5-0 on Saturday.That word is used frequently by certain immature Latics fans who have very little vocabulary and very little understanding of a footballers ability.

4 minutes ago, alwaysblue said:

Did you see the 'shite' that won 5-0 on Saturday.That word is used frequently by certain immature Latics fans who have very little vocabulary and very little understanding of a footballers ability.

Dry your eyes mate, he's had 2.5 years and taken us backwards at an alarming rate.

Archived